The Many Saints of ‘Newark’ | The Sopranos Prequel

I kinda wish Tim Van Patten directed this, since he directed (and wrote) some of my favourite episodes of the show. Alan Taylor's work on the show was sometimes great as well (the Season 6 episode with "Evidently Chickentown" playing at the end was brilliant). I hope Chase is able to guide Taylor's hand a little, or at the very least, have him direct the film in a similar fashion to the show.

Glad to see Liotta is going to be in this.

Gandolfini's son, in some of the few Youtube videos with him, has a lotttt of his father's mannerisms. Very odd to watch.

Evidently Chickentown and I'm Not Like Everybody Else might be my favorite ending music selections in the show.

Evidently Chickentown and I'm Not Like Everybody Else might be my favorite ending music selections in the show.
Totally agree. I love the Season 3 episode 6 (?) intro with The Kinks - Living On a Thin Line as well.

I wonder if they'll implement the opening theme in some way into the film. It would be smart to have it in the trailer, I think.

Only if they can't get Gil Faizon.

Assuming Vera is Livia, she has big shoes to fill. Nancy Marchand was wonderful.

Very true but Vera is a hell of an actress, I think she can pull off a younger Livia Soprano.

Ive only seen her in The Departed and Up in the Air. She was good in both. I want to watch her in Bates Motel sometime.

That long of a wait?

I guess they'll be casting extras to fill in all the supposed black roles in this movie with racial tensions at the center of it.

That long of a wait?
I suppose they’re doing the awards season song and dance.

I also wish they stuck with the original title. “Newark” is kinda boring.

What the thread is now titled.

Yeah I saw that yesterday and was confused. Thank God. I could have lived with Newark but it sounds more like a branding exercise than a title with meaning like this one does. I wouldn't be surprised if Chase had something to do with this.

There is so much scope for this show. From what I've been reading, it will be set during the Newark race riots and will primarily focus on the characters of Tony, and Chris Moltisanti's father

I guess they'll be casting extras to fill in all the supposed black roles in this movie with racial tensions at the center of it.

I know the movie is over a year away but yeah, seems like we would've gotten a name or two for one of the black roles by now.

The production begins on April 3rd so any new additions to the cast will hafta be announced within the next 10 days or so.

I also read that the movie is going to shoot for 4 and a half months in New York & New Jersey. Doesn't that feel too long for a movie like this?? :thf:

Maybe seasonal changes.

The production begins on April 3rd so any new additions to the cast will hafta be announced within the next 10 days or so.

I also read that the movie is going to shoot for 4 and a half months in New York & New Jersey. Doesn't that feel too long for a movie like this?? :thf:

Four months is actually a little above average for a shoot production schedule. Usually they're three months average.

‘Sopranos’ Prequel ‘The Many Saints Of Newark’ Sets Tony-Winning ‘Hamilton’ Star Leslie Odom Jr. For Key Role

No one is saying what role Odom Jr. will play, but the film is set in the era of the Newark riots in the 60s, when the African-Americans and the Italians of Newark were at each other’s throats. Among the gangsters of each group, that clash became especially lethal. I have heard that Odom figures directly into that conflict which involves Dickie Moltisanti (Nivola), who is the father of Tony Soprano’s lieutenant Christopher (played in the series by Michael Imperioli). Insiders are under an omertapledge not to divulge plot details, but New Line has acknowledged that some of the beloved characters from the show will appear in the movie.

I feel like Bernthal is gonna be Paulie.

I think he's playing Tony's father. Or a new character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"