Sequels The Maximoff twins in the MCU

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
What do you think they should do with them? Either...

1. Wanda and pietro engaged in terrorism before they joined the avengers
2. Magneto tempts Wanda to join him in exchange for bringing back pietro somehow
3. No pietro, Wanda hates her dad
4. Magneto never mentions his kids and vice versa
5. Pietro comes back and the two of them crack it at the avengers and decide to join up with daddy dearest.

I would love to see pietro come back. I have the hots for him. And I would love to see a proper brotherhood of evil

I don't think they are that essential in the X-Men mythos. Quicksilver is dead while ScarletWitch is being developed in Avengers/Capt. America films. No need for these two to play a major role in the X-Men films.

That would be such a missed opportunity

The Maximoff twins were introduced in the MCU with a different origin and now one of them is dead. They want to focus on Wanda as an Avenger, which is where she spent the majority of her career and not as part of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, which was in the silver age that most do not remember fondly. Hell, when they were in the Brotherhood, they hadn't yet been revealed to be related to Magneto.

If they reveal Scarlet Witch to be related to Magneto, I suspect it'll be some reveal in the future and isn't going to lead to her working with him or with Quicksilver coming back.

Just because he may turn out to be her father doesn't mean she should automatically work with him.

If someone found out Malcolm X was their father, that shouldn't mean they should automatically subscribe to his ideologies just because they're related.

Wanda is more remembered as an Avenger. I don't want her going to the Brotherhood of Evil. That would be out of character now. It's not like Wanda has grown up with him and is a daddy's girl who has formed a close bond with Magneto.

Just forget about making Magneto related to Wanda. The comics with their retcons and then removal of retcons and going back and forth was way too convoluted. With the MCU it's far simpler. Why do they need to unnecessarily complicate things?

Just because he may turn out to be her father doesn't mean she should automatically work with him.

If someone found out Malcolm X was their father, that shouldn't mean they should automatically subscribe to his ideologies just because they're related.

Wanda is more remembered as an Avenger. I don't want her going to the Brotherhood of Evil. That would be out of character now. It's not like Wanda has grown up with him and is a daddy's girl who has formed a close bond with Magneto.

Just forget about making Magneto related to Wanda. The comics with their retcons and then removal of retcons and going back and forth was way too convoluted. With the MCU it's far simpler. Why do they need to unnecessarily complicate things?

Because Wanda was already mentioned in X-men: Days of Future Past (Rogue cut). Her relation to both Magneto and the X-men version of Quicksilver will become inevitable at some point should the filmmakers decide to feature her in future X-men films.

The Fox X-Men series won't be canonical with the MCU. It's completely irrelevant what has been mentioned about anyone in previous X-Men films. That will not affect MCU Wanda.

Otherwise why doesn't Cap recall his previous life as the Human Torch from the Fox FF films?

The Fox X-Men series won't be canonical with the MCU. It's completely irrelevant what has been mentioned about anyone in previous X-Men films. That will not affect MCU Wanda.

Otherwise why doesn't Cap recall his previous life as the Human Torch from the Fox FF films?

Chris Evan's role as Human Torch has nothing to do with Captain America's MCU story.:dry:

Days of Future Past also has nothing to do with Scarlet Witch's MCU story.

Scarlett Witch finding out that she's a mutant and that Magnato is her real father would be such a wonderfully soap opera thing that I hope they do it.

b5ed7ae02aae25fd98d476a25f43cecc.jpg

Scarlett Witch finding out that she's a mutant and that Magnato is her real father would be such a wonderfully soap opera thing that I hope they do it.

Yeah that kind ofvery high concept framing of story would be interesting for drama. It's sad that they didn't have foresight that this could one day happen.

Wait come to think on it wasn't there a thought in The MCU that mutants exist but they called them "gifted" instead of mutants?

OK. Wanda and Pietro were raised by foster parents in Sokovia
In Phase 4 including X-men Wanda discover Magneto is her real father. He's mutant but her not

Just bring in Polaris. Scarlet Witch already had her moments in these films.

Narrative cohesion is 1 common criticism about the MCU particularly phase 2. At this point it doesn't really matter at least to me.

That being said, I think an MCU based movie might as well integrate story angles to present narrative cohesion when can. It makes things feel a bit less forced...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"