The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare

Cavill doing anything that isn't just Wooden Man looks good on him.

Outside of Aladdin and that King Arthur movie I've really enjoyed the stuff Guy Ritchie has been putting out lately and this one looks like a ton of fun, especially with Cavill and Ritchson in there as well.

The cast for this is pretty awesome IMO.

My favourite Cavill movie was The man from Uncle, where he was allowed to let his hair down. Seems the case here too. In fact, this might just be a deranged version of Solo 😁

Him with his tongue hanging out is not a natural look for him though hahaha!

Overall, looks very fun.

It’s definitely a Guy Ritchie movie. Although you could have said Matthew Vaughan and I would have believed it

It’s definitely a Guy Ritchie movie. Although you could have said Matthew Vaughan and I would have believed it
Yeah I thought this was a trailer for a new Kingsman movie.

This looks like a lot of fun and I trust Ritchie more than Vaughn to deliver.

Between The Witcher, Argylle, and this, Cavill is basically looking like a custom character in an RPG when you mess around with the hair styles. :o
Also, having now seen Argylle your comment is even more accurate than you think*. :oldrazz:

*ᴴᵉ'ˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵃⁿ ᴿᴾᴳ ᶜʰᵃʳᵃᶜᵗᵉʳ

"Hello? Can't hear you, please do *static* off"
:funny:

Only a few reviews in so far. But they're positive. Basic consensus: not Ritchie's best; though still a fun romp.

Cavill’s character inspired Bond in real life (per end credits scroll). He’s really tossing his name into that ring.

Great movie and wonder if they’re considering making sequels. The end makes it seem like they might (though that could just be wishful thinking).

Not to history buffs.

The escapades of this group was begging for a movie from quite a while.

Do they teach about them in the UK?

Didn’t hear about them in America, but I can easily imagine them being part of the WW2 history course in the UK due to how vital they were.

Really had a good time with this one. Wish people would’ve went to see it.

Really had a good time with this one. Wish people would’ve went to see it.
Yeah, it only opened in 4th place (!) at the BO — beaten by one new movie and two older ones. Though... it was #1 in terms of per screen $ average.

Oof. Shame it flopped. I’m going to see it on Thursday. Maybe audiences will discover it on streaming.

I don’t think they promoted it very well. The trailer was great but I’m surprised they didn’t do a second one closer to the release. It might not have helped, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"