The Movie Cast Tournament Thread.

Hannibal Smith

Civilian
Reaction score
I came up with this cool idea of putting movies casts against each other. I mean if SAG can have an award for it why not make a tourny out of it.

The Movie Cast Tournament Thread.

Round One Battle 1.

The Cast Of Phantom Menace.
good_phantom_top.jpg

VS.
The Cast Of Batman Begins.

17927645_0272f387f1.jpg

Batman Begins

Love how the two films going against each other both have Liam Neeson. :)

In the cast of BB pic, he looks like a drunk hobo. Hahaha.

Complain about it all u want, but i thought TPM had a great cast in Liam, Ewan, Ian and Natalie (even little Jake has his moments). I adore BB (minus Katie Holmes, although i felt she did better than Maggie), so this was nearly impossible for me to decide. TPM gets my vote though, just cause in a superhero board Batman is bound to win :oldrazz:

Ha! Well, I do actually enjoy The Phantom Menace and its cast, but no doubt, Batman Begins.

I am going along with Bim and vote PM cast for it also had Frank Oz, Sam Jackson, and Ray Park.

Batman Begins, easily.

Which is not to say most of the people in TPM are bad actors, but Batman Begins gave its cast a chance to, you know, actually act.

The BB cast wins.

Round One Battle 2.

The Cast Of Watchmen.

Watchmen_Cast_EW_Pic.jpg

VS.

The Cast Of Star Trek.
StarTrekPressConferenceLdb3Eu7p8vul.jpg

Watchmen

Both films had a great cast but aside from Snyder's direction and lack of letting scenes sink in, I felt the majority of the cast did a great job.

On a side note, why in the hell is Zoe not in that picture? :cmad:

BB Vs TPM!!

Difficult to take seriously but I suppose you have Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor & Natalie Portman. Still BB by a mile.

Star Trek.

The only good performances were by JEH and JDM. Everyone else was either inconsistent or just plain stale.

Watchmen

Both films had a great cast but aside from Snyder's direction and lack of letting scenes sink in, I felt the majority of the cast did a great job.

On a side note, why in the hell is Zoe not in that picture? :cmad:
I think was a male cast thing going on there. Its a lot harder then i thought to find casts for films.

Star Trek.

The only good performances were by JEH and JDM. Everyone else was either inconsistent or just plain stale.

Only one that wasn't great to me was Malin Akerman. Matthew Goode was alright but his looks and size took away from the character he was portraying.

Star Trek.

Only one that wasn't great to me was Malin Akerman. Matthew Goode was alright but his looks and size took away from the character he was portraying.

Patrick Wilson's performance is always underrated in Watchmen. He did an excellent job at portraying Nite Owl.

And yeah, Akerman and Goode were just miscast; Goode much worse than akerman.

I'm going with Star Trek just because there were no noticeably weak points in the casting and Chris Pine was just amazing as Captain Kirk.

Patrick Wilson's performance is always underrated in Watchmen. He did an excellent job at portraying Nite Owl.

And yeah, Akerman and Goode were just miscast; Goode much worse than akerman.

I'm going with Star Trek just because there were no noticeably weak points in the casting and Chris Pine was just amazing as Captain Kirk.

I think Goode was miscast on looks and size/physique alone. As for his performance, I thought he did well enough. It just didn't feelconvincing enough for me because he didn't look like the character enough in a film that at least visually followed the comic extremely well.

With Akerman it was the opposite for me. I thought she looked close enough to the comic character but her acting could have been better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"