The NCAA Basketball Thread

Lantern Venom

Emerald Echo Podcast Co-Host
Reaction score
College hoops are heating up. Notre Dame defeated Louisville in a quintuple overtime war and Michigan is denied a possible #1 ranking by a sick half-court three pointer by Wisconsin. It feels like March is already here.

Playa, VCU has this in the bag. -_- in teh bag.

Eh, they played Sat and won. Cool. 21-5.

I smell the tournament, right around the corner now!

It wasn't as easy as it should have been but the Illini kept their tournament hopes alive last night.

It wasn't as easy as it should have been but the Illini kept their tournament hopes alive last night.

Yes, a lot of OT games today. Kentucky took a big step toward the tournament by beating Mizzou tonight. Miami took a step back in getting a #1 seed.

VCU came back from 17 down in 2nd half to beat Xavier...75-71. 22-6 on year.

:palps: unleash...the Havoc.

So...is Iowa going to make it into the tourney? Currently 8-9 in the big 10 and 19-11 overall. Quality wins include Minnesota, Iowa State, Wisconsin, and Illinois. Last game at Nebraska and first round in Big 10 tourney will probably be Northwestern...

How the hell does Joe Lunardi still have Indiana as a 1 seed? No way they deserve home court up to the Final Four at this point.

If L'ville loses tonight, and they look flat right now, that really screws things up. Still, I think 1 seeds are:

'Zaga out West
Duke in DC
L'ville in Indianapolis
Kansas in Texas

I am so tempted to pick VCU as winning the NCAA Tournament. They have a shot to do it...soooooo tempted. I know for sure on how well they play against St. Louis today and if they win.

Is Lehigh in this year? I hope they face Duke again....-_- this time not only do they beat Duke in 2nd Round, but they win by 15. #hatin #hater.

I love all the hype VCU is getting. It makes me proud to be a student here. Havoc!

:up:

So why is Bobby Knight's face so splotchy red?

I love all the hype VCU is getting. It makes me proud to be a student here. Havoc!

:up:

I haven't filled out my bracket...I don't go to VCU, I live in Eastern NC. But I am in love with how they play under Shaka Smart. I'm 98% likely to pick them to win it (like I did last year I believe). Um, Akron(?) is gonna be tough..but should win there...likely to face Mich I imagine...likely to face Kansas after that...but if they can make 3's, score, and HAVOC, they should win. I alos think Smart will get them hungry after losing to St. Louis--again.

Duke facing Albany..my goodness, I feel haterade in me...Duke going home in 2nd round or round of 32...I am feeling it.

What a depressing day. I saw the handwriting on the wall a couple of weeks ago, but going from being one of the most dominant teams ever to the NIT is still a shock to the system. :csad:

Has anyone started a SHH March Madness Tourney Bracket Pick'em on Yahoo yet?

Has anyone started a SHH March Madness Tourney Bracket Pick'em on Yahoo yet?

Not that I know of. I can start one in a little bit. I filled out my bracket in person already.

-_- I drink haterade...why I pick Albany over Duke. Nevermind Duke is bound to be pissed off...

I start it on Yahoo.

I haven't filled out my bracket...I don't go to VCU, I live in Eastern NC. But I am in love with how they play under Shaka Smart. I'm 98% likely to pick them to win it (like I did last year I believe). Um, Akron(?) is gonna be tough..but should win there...likely to face Mich I imagine...likely to face Kansas after that...but if they can make 3's, score, and HAVOC, they should win. I alos think Smart will get them hungry after losing to St. Louis--again.

Duke facing Albany..my goodness, I feel haterade in me...Duke going home in 2nd round or round of 32...I am feeling it.

I hope VCU can at least make the Elite 8. That would be perfect. The fact that some major analysts are predicting they'll make it deep makes me optimistic.

And thus ends the season of the worse Kentucky team I've ever seen.

And thus ends the season of the worse Kentucky team I've ever seen.

Kentucky's season was just as painful, if not worse, than seeing the Niners get screwed in the Super Bowl. I had no expectations that these Cats were going to produce like the 2012 Champs--few teams could--but I never expected a complete implosion.

I know next year will be much brighter with the recruting class UK has on the way, but this is agonizing right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"