The NCAA Basketball Thread

The seedings this year were worse than most years. The PAC-12 got screwed over hard, and then you get a team like Villanova that didn't even deserve a bid and they get a 9 seed while Oregon gets a 12? Puhleeze

This is why when people bash the BCS and want a big playoff in football, I always remind them how crooked and merit bankrupt the NCAA basketball tournament actually is. You still have humans putting these things together, so they'll always be screwy.

Florida Gulf Coast impresses yet again. Whowouldathunkit? An unknown team from Ft. Myers, FL is in the Sweet 16 along with Miami (which was a low-tier program two years ago) and Florida.

The seedings this year were worse than most years. The PAC-12 got screwed over hard, and then you get a team like Villanova that didn't even deserve a bid and they get a 9 seed while Oregon gets a 12? Puhleeze

This is why when people bash the BCS and want a big playoff in football, I always remind them how crooked and merit bankrupt the NCAA basketball tournament actually is. You still have humans putting these things together, so they'll always be screwy.

Please. If FGCU was a higher seed, we wouldn't have a 15th seed in the Sweet 16 for first time ever.

The NCAA is fine with it's D-I Men's tourny. We have First Four and everything. Celebrate bro. It March Madness.

Oregon is in Sweet 16 as a 12th seed.

Nah, I don't think I'll celebrate a bunch of idiotic seedings and crooked regional placements. The games today were great, that's fine, but a lot of BS goes into selection Sunday.

I love March Madness, but it ain't perfect.

Nah, I don't think I'll celebrate a bunch of idiotic seedings and crooked regional placements. The games today were great, that's fine, but a lot of BS goes into selection Sunday.

I love March Madness, but it ain't perfect.

:o fine. Imma ask the crooks to make VCU a 16th seed next go around (if Shaka stays with them, rumors of UCLA now, same with Stevens of Butler fame). VCU 16th seed....suck it, 1 seed. Go Hard...haha...and go deep.

:o

Florida Gulf Coast's dunk-fest lookin alot like an NBA team's also from Florida...

:funny: while funny and awesome, probably not good.

But reading a Deadspin article that shows a Video from where ESPN went live at the FGCU pep rally that was I guess on Monday.

:wow: soon not long after they did, a F*** TEH GATORS CHANT went off.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooo, the students pissed of teh bee hive now lol #ohno

Orlando Magic? Nah...

lelbomb-1.gif

YESSSS 15-4 start for FGCU

Come on I don't know who you are FGCU but beat the Gators.

Yeah they remind me a lot of the Nuggets style of play.

This looks like the end for FGCU. They've completely gone away from what they do best.

Too many turnovers, too much settling.

This looks like the end for FGCU. They've completely gone away from what they do best.

Too many turnovers, too much settling.

They need to shoot more 3's.

They are forcing too many fancy passes for the sake of big time dunks and lay ups.

Credit to Gators. Their D is forcing bad passing from FGCU.

Gruesome injury to Louisville's backup PG. Made everyone in the building cringe with how bad it was. Lower leg just buckled when he landed in front of his own bench after trying to block a shot.

I've seen some hi-def pictures of his injury online. Made me jump up out of my chair. Sadly I saw his teammates reaction before I saw the injury, so I always laughing at first. Then I saw the injury and I wasn't laughing anymore. :(

Seeing other theories out on the internet, it looks like he altered his landing to stay on the elevated. I hope he comes out to speak against it if that was the case. It's such a stupid idea.

WARNING: THIS IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART.

BGvK20fCEAAIihQ.jpg

I used to be teammates with Russ Smith when we played basketball from 4th grade to 8th grade. That's crazy I just found out the other day watching LOuisville play.

WARNING: THIS IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART.

BGvK20fCEAAIihQ.jpg

I got seriously ill when I saw this yesterday. I broke my ankle pretty badly when I was 19 but it didn't come out of the skin like that, thank God.

And shock is totally a real thing that you have to experience to really understand - I remember falling, and feeling a SNAP, and when I saw my foot turned to a totally unnatural angle I hyperventilated a bit but was otherwise numb and it didn't begin hurting until much later when I was sitting in the emergency room filling out their stack of stupid forms.

But this poor guy. Holy ****. At least he seems to be handling it better than everyone else who saw it.

Yeah that is just uh man. There had to have been something wrong with him before though. Bones just don't snap like that.

Looks like the refs are out in force for L'ville, what a shock.

I guess they heard me, they actually called a reach-in on L'ville! Now if they would call some holds and blocking fouls...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"