• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The New 52

I like the new Batgirl costume. But it feels like it should be a Year Zero/1 look. After everything she has been through it is a bit to much fun. Not to mention whenever the whole Bat family gets together she will look out of place.

I like the new Batgirl suit, but not for current Batgirl. It makes no sense. Suddenly she's going to give up armor to fight crime? This suit belongs in a flashback story, or in an alternate universe take. A bit too late to be regressing into thrift store chic.

So I finished reading the first issue of Grayson. Honestly, I liked it a lot. The premise is interesting, Dick himself is charming, and the writing strikes a good balance between serious and humorous. As a new reader, it was very accessible and I hope long time fans of the character can enjoy it as much as I did.

I like the idea behind Grayson; I'm waiting for the TPB, at this point.

So, Gail Simone not-so-subtle hinted her new DC book:

GUYS. The new book is so SECRET that it's totally SECRET how SECRET this SECRET is about this new book full of SECRET SECRETS. #hint
https://twitter.com/GailSimone/status/488390477851664386

UmqALm9.jpg

:woot: Consider me excited.

To bad Nicola Scott wont be joining her again. DC shouldn't have let her go.

I'm going to allow myself one book outside of my pull list today. Should I pick up Grayson or Suicide Squad from last week?

Grayson first issue is a wonder. Not only does Janin's art look gorgeous, but the story is also really fun and kinda light hearted. Dick is competent, charming and funny. Helena is really promising too.

Thanks guys. I saw Grayson getting good reviews and Suicide Squad getting really bad reviews, but I figured I would check here.

So I finished reading the first issue of Grayson. Honestly, I liked it a lot. The premise is interesting, Dick himself is charming, and the writing strikes a good balance between serious and humorous. As a new reader, it was very accessible and I hope long time fans of the character can enjoy it as much as I did.

Same here. I really enjoyed it.

New creative team on Batgirl!

otltSFz.jpg

http://www.mtv.com/news/1864359/batgirl-exclusive-dc-comics/

UyhfW86.jpg

TFFKPG9.jpg

Wow! I love the new costume design! I wonder what's next for Simone... Maybe that rumoured BoP relaunch? :word:

I hate everything about this and it makes no sense. Such a huge downgrade for Barbara Gordon.
I enjoyed the Simone run and I'm someone who was happy to see Barb be Batgirl again. Reboot Batgirl was still treated as an adult and although the book was dark and depressing, it made sense with what she was going through. They could have easily brought some lighthearted moment moving forward by exploring her none Batgirl life with subplots.
This new reboot is nonsensical imo.

Well, when I went to my store yesterday, they were all out of Grayson from the previous week, so I picked up Suicide Squad instead. Now I REALLY wish Grayson had been there. Suicide Squad just didn't do anything to make me want to come back for #2.

I'm so glad they are rebooting batgirl. I like the new suit better, and we will finally be out of batgirl's miserable life under simone miserable pen.

I'm so glad they are rebooting batgirl. I like the new suit better, and we will finally be out of batgirl's miserable life under simone miserable pen.

I thought she quit because she hated the direction this was going and her editor wasn't on board with changing it? And shortly afterwards the editor also quit and now they taking the direction she always wanted?

well thats what I heard on the escapist podcast

I couldn't tell to be honest. all I know is that I wasn't enjoying either Simone's writing, nor the direction the characted had since her new 52 beginning.

I thought she quit because she hated the direction this was going and her editor wasn't on board with changing it? And shortly afterwards the editor also quit and now they taking the direction she always wanted?

well thats what I heard on the escapist podcast

That's Simone's story, yes.

Go figure DC would screw Simon over. They "fire" her from the book only to put her back on her due to the extreme outrage, then they dont let her change anything which causes her to want to leave then allow the next team to do what she wanted to do.

I am surprised she has stayed with DC so long. She never gets to do what she wants fully without some interference unless it was the SS/BOP.

It's not exclusive to her. Seems a lot of mid-tier writers have been reporting the same treatment from DC in recent years (especially since the reboot).

If there is one writer that I have come to dislike quite a bit due to the New 52 it's Gail Simone. The quality of her writing has dropped so dramatically and she just keeps on acting as if her **** don't stink and she's above it all. While DC deserves a lot of criticism over how they're treating the creative directions of writers that are not in the Johns/Snyder circle of trust, Simone has just been arrogantly acting as if she is exclusively above all the ********.

isn't that how she got taken in the first place? I remember reading that she was like "Dc won't hire a woman, regardless of her talent", and she got the job. I've never been impressed by her writing. Even in secret six.

Yeah. Simone's always been a big "meh" to me. Secret Six wasn't bad, but the only issue I really loved was the one with Nightwing after Bruce died.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"