The New 52

I think this calls for an Aquaoff!

I'm not sure what that is, but the two of you should have one.

I'm kinda picturing the walk-off from Zoolander right now.

EDIT: I would also totally win any Aqua-off.

Last edited:
You'd have to magically pull your orange chain mail out of your butt to win!

#Zoolanderreference :awesome:

Looks like I win than, ambiturning is my specialty. :o

You should be automatically disqualified for using "than" instead of "then" :o

So I read through the first six issues of WW's New 52 run and I really enjoyed it. The writing is solid and the art is fantastic. One of my only issues with the series (and I use that term lightly) is Wonder Woman herself. To be honest, she's...kind of boring. She's a stoic, unflappable protagonist who demonstrates only the occasional glimmer of a unique personality. It's not a big deal, I think she's really cool and all, but I can't help but long for something more. Maybe we get that something in later issues; I don't know, but I intend to find out.

Keep on reading. Wonder Woman's personality really develops in the book beyond the first six issues and it's honestly one of DC's best books, if not the best......after Aquaman.

I personally feel like Azz's run on Wonder Woman is fairly overrated overall. Not to say I think it's bad, but it's never lived up to the heaps of praise it receives to me (though it's easily the best the book has been in year despite saying that). But I will definitely agree that Diana herself gets much more defined as the series goes on. I feel like Azz did so much better of a job of defining an adult Wonder Woman than Johns ever even began doing in JL.

My biggest complaint about Azzs run thus far is that he isnt big on using any of WWs characters. Anyone who is already established and not a Greek God isnt used.

I definitely took some issue with that. I probably wouldn't have if not for the fact that this was a reboot and technically these rogues are getting reintroduced. It so dumb that Wonder Woman rogues are getting reintroduced in other books. Justice League, okay sure, but Superboy? Animal Man? Men of War? Not a fan of all that one bit.

But my biggest issue has been the pacing and the characterization of the the Amazons.

I would prefer someone else. Did they even think about the Cordax prophecy when casting? :o
He certainly isn't my first choice. I'm instantly thinking of Peter David's style of Aquaman with Momoa which I'm not exactly a big fan of. But hell, before I see anything to really judge off of, I'm not going to say that I like or hate it.

I think personally, the new 52 has been to hit and miss, stands to reason of course if you take EVERY character and launch from scratch for each of them, that it will bring naturally varying levels of quality & relation to previous incarnations and links, but it's just that some individual runs have been so distant from the characters origins and original concepts to be reading as if a completely new character with no natural, instinctive 'feel' to what has gone previously, or some characters have come out better for the experience, no consistency, plus many of the runs are written and drawn as if somebody let a 5 year old loose with a pen and crayon set and was asked to give their interpretation of the DC universe, particuarly with the JL, it's shocking writing and god awful characterisation.

Last edited:
Confirmed: Meredith & David Finch Take Over "Wonder Woman" in November

DC Comics' new "Wonder Woman" creative team has been revealed: Writer Meredith Finch and artist David Finch, as announced Monday afternoon at USA Today. The husband-and-wife team are slated to start their run with "Wonder Woman" #36 in November, and are following the critically acclaimed team of Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang, who had been with the series since the start of the New 52 in September 2011.

The article states that the new creative team will depart from Azzarello and Chiang's focus on Greek mythology, and instead spotlight Wonder Woman's "interpersonal relationships and her responsibilities to the Amazons and her fellow heroes in the Justice League."
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=53779

eQkeF3H.jpg

He certainly isn't my first choice. I'm instantly thinking of Peter David's style of Aquaman with Momoa which I'm not exactly a big fan of. But hell, before I see anything to really judge off of, I'm not going to say that I like or hate it.

I agree, I don't want to judge him yet but my personal choice had no chance. Still the cordax just gone like poof!

I know that this is lame and cliched, but I was down with the idea of Matt Damon as Aquaman.

eQkeF3H.jpg

Interested to see where this goes. I liked Azz's run, but for me it dragged on way too much (it should've been capped at about 25 issues as opposed to 35). The writer is pretty much an unknown element, so that's up in the air. I like Finch's art alright enough. The idea of making this more about her relationship with the JL doesn't do much for me, since that's what JL itself should be, but I'm willing to look to a new direction.

eQkeF3H.jpg

34or6kn.jpg

I know I should wait and see before passing judgment but.....I just cant help but pass judgment. Finch has not done anything for me on anything he has been on for New 52, esp FE, and that cover is already a major stepdown from what we have been accustomed to with WW. But you know...hopefully he and his wife prove me wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"