Finished Identity Crisis/ Infinite Crisis what next?

Delta-Recon-1

Civilian
Reaction score
I Just finished identity crisis and the infinite crisis comics which i must say were very entertaining. But what comic do i get next if i want to follow the story line of the justice league?? My friend mentioned something called "52" and told me to read that to follow the storyline, but what is that? is it a new series called 52? or issue 52 of something? Also, any recommended further reading to enlighten my about the justice league members would be nice.
thanks.

wait till june, the new justice league of america starts up,i suggest visiting here to keep up to date. 52 is a year long weekly comic about the dcu universe without a batman,superman,nor wonderwoman. so keep visiting here for info on taht too, btw the first issue comes out this wendsday!

Delta-Recon-1 said:
I Just finished identity crisis and the infinite crisis comics which i must say were very entertaining. But what comic do i get next if i want to follow the story line of the justice league?? My friend mentioned something called "52" and told me to read that to follow the storyline, but what is that? is it a new series called 52? or issue 52 of something? Also, any recommended further reading to enlighten my about the justice league members would be nice.
thanks.

52 will explain how everything in One Year Later came to be. And the main characters for the book consist of, The Question, Renee Montoya, Steel, Booster Gold, Ralph Dibny/Elongated Man, and Black Adam. Along with many more of course, along with plenty of surprises and deaths. It's 52 issues long, and begins May 10.

The official thread for it is right here.

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226584

If you have any questions about any other current books, feel free to ask them.

52 and the JLA book are definatly a good place to go.

are there any characters in particular you want to folow? there might be a few books you may also like.

52's probably not going to feature much of anything about the Justice League. It fills in the missing year between the end of Infinite Crisis and the beginning of the One Year Later runs on all of DC's mainstream comics, but the League doesn't get back together until after the One Year Later stuff begins. So, if all you're interested in is the Justice League, I'd recommend waiting for the new Justice League of America comic.

Although, if you're interested in everyone who's been in one of the League's major rosters, 52 will be following both Booster Gold and Steel pretty closely. :up:

wow thanks a lot for the reccomended reads guys! Im actually more interested in what happened during the missing year, but im also interested in some justice league stuff. I picked up JUSTICE issues 1-5 yesterday and it was a really interesting read. anyways im gonna get 52 when it comes out and then some oyl stuff when it comes out. Thanks again guys.

Delta-Recon-1 said:
wow thanks a lot for the reccomended reads guys! Im actually more interested in what happened during the missing year, but im also interested in some justice league stuff. I picked up JUSTICE issues 1-5 yesterday and it was a really interesting read. anyways im gonna get 52 when it comes out and then some oyl stuff when it comes out. Thanks again guys.

If you're interested in some OYL titles, then I recommend the following:

Batman
Detective Comics
Robin
Teen Titans
Green Arrow
Green Lantern
Checkmate
Blue Beetle
Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis
Outsiders

Don't bother with Nightwing, the book hasn't really taken it's course yet.

Some up coming titles you may want to look into would be:

The Flash
Wonder Woman
JLA
JSA
Green Lantern Corps

Batman said:

Batman
Detective Comics
Robin
Teen Titans
Green Arrow
Green Lantern
Checkmate
Blue Beetle
Outsiders

The Flash
Wonder Woman
JLA
Green Lantern Corps

Oh, Sweet!!! I Needed To Know What Titles I Should Be Spending My Money On, And Now I Do.
icon10.gif

Thanks, Batman. :batman:

I would most definitely add Action Comics and Superman to that list.

Batman said:

Batman
Detective Comics
Robin
Teen Titans
Green Arrow
Green Lantern
Checkmate
Blue Beetle
Outsiders

The Flash
Wonder Woman
JLA
Green Lantern Corps

Lackey said:

I would add JSA, Birds of Prey and Supergirl and The Legion of Super-Heroes. :up:

Lackey said:
I'll second that motion. Up Up and Away is one of the more beautiful and thought-provoking arcs there in a long time.

Delta-Recon-1 said:
Delta - Don't be afraid to go back and read the stories that came before. The 15 JLA trades are almost all great reads. "Crisis of Conscience" Is also the direct sequel to Identity Crisis.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref...latform=gurupa&url=index=blended&keywords=JLA

Also, it's cool that you're into JLA, but if you wanna branch out some and see what other great comics are out there, check out The Official Recommendations Thread
http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186190

twylight said:
I would add JSA, Birds of Prey and Supergirl and The Legion of Super-Heroes. :up:

My reason for not adding JSA to my list was due to it being relaunched, which I still think it shouldn't be. I suppose I'll add it to the up coming titles. I'm a bit skeptical on the new Titans East, as well....

has green lantern oyl been any good? i dropped the book previously, has it picked up since?

OYL it's been better. I still think it's Johns' weakest book, but at least this arc looks like we'll finally get some fallout from Hal's Parallax rampage instead of Johns skipping along with Hal in full Silver Age mode as if none of that happened.

and hopefully Hal stirring up international discord will prove interesting, can't wait until (if) Checkmate gets involved :up:

I'm always up for the senior GL smacking any of the newbies down.

And yes, Hal is still a newbie compared to Alan. :p

Due to all the great suggested reads i picked up Action comics #838 (gonna get 837 this weekend), Detective comics #818/819 (also going to pick up 817/820 this weekend), JSA #85, and i got the Crisis aftermath (1-2) and Villains united issues, and lastly i got Ion #1. i basically jsut wanna follow batman/superman/GL(rayner) and the JLA/JSA comics one year later, anything OYL im missing (batman/superman/GL(rayner only)/JSA/JLA)??

By Crisis Aftermath, do you mean Battle for Bludhaven? That's not really necessary for any of your interests, but if you enjoy the story I'd recommend continuing it. I've liked it a lot so far, and it'll dovetail into a new Freedom Fighters series, if you're into them.

Those Detective Comics issues are worthless without the Batman issues that go with it. They're all in the middle of a crossover like Superman and Action Comics.

lol anubis you just answered a question i was going to ask about the continuity of the detective comics/aciton comics. Yea i just realized i need both superman and batman comics to supplement the storyline. Btw, how are they connected? like, do i read action comics 838, then go read superman 652? and then i read action comics 839 and then superman 653? something like that? Any suggestions on what issues i should get for action/detective/superman/batman comics?
EDIT: well since im on a budget right now, ill could just cut my reading down to JLA and ion comics, but i have a question; do i HAVE to follow the storylines of batman/superman (really pricey for 4 issues a month, plus 52 and justice) to understand the story of JLA (the one coming in july/august?

Just look for the title page. It should say "Up, Up, and Away Part (whatever)" for Superman and "Face the Face Part (whatever)" for Batman. Follow the numbers and you're good to go.

And no, I doubt the Batman and Superman stories will be essential for the upcoming Justice League of America relaunch.

You got the right idea on how it's read, but no, you don't have to read it. If I were you I'd just wait for the Trades and buy them when they come out. The whole story in one sitting for significantly less. After the crossovers are over, Paul Dini from Batman the Animated Series will take over on Detective Comics, Grant Morrison and Adam Kubert will take over on Batman. So, you can choose which book you want to follow. Both are bound to be really good. Kurt Busiek will take over on Action Comics after the UP, UP, and Away arc is over so that might the perfect book for your Superman fix. I don't know who will take over on Superman yet.

So, I guess you can stick with what you suggested. JLA, 52, Justice for your JLA fix until that book comes out this summer. When, I don't know, maybe July.

lol i forgot about the whole trades issues idea. I guess ill just get the trades. Anyways, is there any GL OYL stuff? other than ion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"