The "New Rare game announced = Happy WHF" thread: SPECIAL 3 DISC EDITION!!

hippie_hunter said:
How so. Resistance is a FPS set in 1950's Europe as if the Nazi invasion never happened but instead an alien invasion. Geas of War is in third person view set on another planet in the future.
Resistance is actually going to compare to Bioshock, since overall they're much more comparable.

Anyways, Gears of War is unrivaled in it's awesomeness. Killzone 2 will probably have cover-fire. :D

Wow, I was right.

WhatsHisFace said:
Ooooooh, now I remember. Yeah, that guy needs to get another brain cell to double his mindpower.

I had some good posts against him, which he sadly ignored. :(
Yeah, that's usually what he does when you counter anything he says. Not long ago, in that blu ray load times thread, he asked for some data on like angular drives vs linear drives, and I gave it to him, and he was like "well that's not in percent form so you're an idiot". Also, me and Axid were arguing with him one time and he started coming up with college degrees in whatever field he thought was most appropriate to the argument to make his points seem less ******ed, even though he types like a 13 year old girl on AIM and no one is going to believe that he has 15 PhDs :D

He's not banned anymore? :D

Why isn't he here? Because teh PS3 blowz00xx0rxzxzxzxxz?

He came back one time and talked about playing HL2 in a PC arcade near his home, and I think he still posts occasionally in other forums, but I think he's done with all of us :(

BanjoKazooie said:
Yeah, that's usually what he does when you counter anything he says. Not long ago, in that blu ray load times thread, he asked for some data on like angular drives vs linear drives, and I gave it to him, and he was like "well that's not in percent form so you're an idiot". Also, me and Axid were arguing with him one time and he started coming up with college degrees in whatever field he thought was most appropriate to the argument to make his points seem less ******ed, even though he types like a 13 year old girl on AIM and no one is going to believe that he has 15 PhDs :D
Wahahahaha! Every sentence of this post is hilarious! I'm sorry I missed that argument. :(

BanjoKazooie said:
He came back one time and talked about playing HL2 in a PC arcade near his home, and I think he still posts occasionally in other forums, but I think he's done with all of us :(
He plays HL2 in arcades, huh? I didn't know they had PC arcades.

I guess he died playing WoW.

Anyways, are you in school?

Me? No, it's almost midnight, I'm at home, supposed to be writing a 3-4 page english paper but I only have a paragraph, the document has been open since 7, and I haven't written a thing :(

But yeah, anyways, the new Rare game will rock, like all the games they've put out since the MS buyout, especially Kameo, which in addition to being a good game looks better than Resistance. Face.

The new game will own, as long as it's a team doing something they're familiar with, not a platformer team doing an action game, or a shooter team doing an adventure game.

I'm actually pretty certain that it will be more than just one game. Viva Pinata is mostly finished, and is coming next month, at this point all they're doing is bug crushing, most of the team will have moved onto their next project (like Banjo Threeie) long ago. The Conker team is working on a new IP, and they haven't announced anything since the xbox. The FPS team should be knee deep in Perfect Dark 2 by now. The JFG/Kameo team should have enough of Kameo 2 to show by now. I hope it's more than just one game.

If Perfect Dark 2 doesn't go back to hyper realistic graphics and a moody cyberpunk story, I'll wait for a price drop.

The PDZ art style is better left for games like TimeSplitters, because I don't care about them. Or platformers as those are supposed to be cute. But I don't want none dis cah-toony tings in mah PD2.

It wasn't really cartoony, it just wasn't hyper realistic. We have enough hyper realistic games, I'd prefer that Rare just make visually appealing games.

No, we DON'T have enough hyper realistic games. We have a lot of plasticy looking stuff like Farcry, Prey and even more than those, PDZ. I haven't seen satisfying realism since Riddick. :(

What I meant was that we had enough games trying to look realistic, not actually getting there. Clancy games, GoW, Resistance (it fails at it's goal the most), Dead Rising, etc etc etc etc. No "art" to them at all. I prefer PDZ's "stylized reality" (that's a cool buzz word, use it) to that.

But Perfect Dark 1 had real faces mapped onto meshes. They might as well have stuck with it. :mad:

I agree that sticking with PD visual style might have helped a bit with some, but I don't really mind what they did at all.

WhatsHisFace said:
He plays HL2 in arcades, huh? I didn't know they had PC arcades.

I guess he died playing WoW.

Anyways, are you in school?

They're not called PC arcades. More like incredibly kick ass LAN centers! I went to one with a couple of friends and played video games for 12 straight hours :oldrazz:

Far Cry was awesome! Most fun I ever had in a multiplayer experience.

hippie_hunter said:
How so. Resistance is a FPS set in 1950's Europe as if the Nazi invasion never happened but instead an alien invasion. Geas of War is in third person view set on another planet in the future.
Isn't that the Ultimate Avengers story line?

And I thought GoW takes place on Earth...

DACMAN said:
Isn't that the Ultimate Avengers story line?

And I thought GoW takes place on Earth...
It's a planet called Thera (sp?) that mankind has colonized. It's a lot like earth, only there's a brutal civilization that lives underground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"