Sequels The Next One-Shot: Item 47

cherokeesam

SHIELD Director Coulson
Reaction score
Dunno if anyone's picked up on this or not, but Marvel's already got the next One-Shot out, starring Lizzy Caplan and Jesse Bradford as "Claire and Benny," an ordinary couple who steal "Item 47," a Chitauri gun, from SHIELD and try to use it to rob banks:

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/07/03/first-look-item-47/

SHIELD Agent Jasper Sitwell (Maximiliano Hernandez, from Avengers and the Coulson One-Shots) returns, and he is joined by another yet-to-be-named agent played by Titus Welliver.

When I heard "down on their luck couple," my first thought was Hank and Janet, but that's not "Claire and Benny." Good luck identifying these guys....assuming they're drawn from comic lore, anyway (other than Jasper Sitwell, of course). I'm kinda thinking Claire Temple, who was the wife of Bill (Goliath) Foster, and the "Foster Theory" has already been alluded to in the Avengers....

....anyway, there it is. ;)

Lizzy-Caplan_810.jpg

The Foster theory actually has nothing to do with Bill but with Jane Foster.

I'm curious about that short. I hope it finds its way on youtube bwfore the BR release...

Oh my stars and garters, Lizzy Caplan :hrt:

Probably so they could trial a new director or talent and see how we respond.

It's a good idea and I'm intrigued. I wonder if Joss had any influence on it?

Lizzy Caplan finds a chitauri gun.

That's all I need to know.

A short (and by short, I mean short) clip from the next one-shot has surfaced!

[YT]nd7TZrMgcUU[/YT]

^Nice. :)

Wonder who the SHIELD supervisor is supposed to be.

Lizzy Caplan and The Man in Black?! Oh god, it's like they know me. :hrt:

This looks really cool. I'm glad they are taking the one shot idea and running with it. Now the MCU Phase One approximate film timeline looks like:

Captain America: The First Avenger
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
MOS: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer
Thor
The Incredible Hulk (with alternate opening: which is now canon via Avengers)
MOS: The Consultant
Marvel's The Avengers
MOS: Item 47

I consider Item 47 part of phase 2. It's post Avengers and a consequence of it.

This looks really cool. I'm glad they are taking the one shot idea and running with it. Now the MCU Phase One approximate film timeline looks like:

Captain America: The First Avenger
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
MOS: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer
Thor
The Incredible Hulk (with alternate opening: which is now canon via Avengers)
MOS: The Consultant
Marvel's The Avengers
MOS: Item 47

I'd abbreviate it "M1S" instead of "MOS." MOS is Man of Steel. :yay:

I consider Item 47 part of phase 2. It's post Avengers and a consequence of it.

It's in the MCU Phase One box set and it's on The Avengers Blu-Ray so it's Phase One.

Though technically he is correct, with it being post-Avengers it should be in all technicalities a phase two piece of footage. Looks neat too.

Man somehow I managed to miss everything about this until today. I love Lizzy Caplan.

All I can say is that Sitwell can fight and like Coulson , Their is more to him than meets the eye lol.

Yes, exactly, but what I really liked is that I think we are supposed to acknowledge the similarities between Sitwell and Coulson and that Coulson was his mentor.

It also establishes that when Clint "made a different call", it seems to be something that Coulson instilled in those around him.

He's still around in spirit if not physically there. I really loved the short.

Can we say Sitwell or other agents we saw are gonna take place of Coulson in Phase II? Maybe Item 47 introduced the character?

Also I don't like Sitwell to be honest.

keep it down you guys, if joss hears you like sitwell he might die in the next movie.

Can we say Sitwell or other agents we saw are gonna take place of Coulson in Phase II? Maybe Item 47 introduced the character?

Also I don't like Sitwell to be honest.

I feel like Maria Hill will be taking over for Coulson in Phase II and beyond. Cobie Smulders signed on to appear in multiple films (I think it was 7).

I rewatched this recently. Did anyone notice what was shown during the end credits?

We see the evolution of the gun thru various prototypes until it is mounted on a SHIELD humvee. Think we'll see this in the TV series or Winter Soldier?

I noticed that last week, they went through several iterations of rifles then upgraded it to sort of cannon or artillery pieces. The Cap thread has some pics of some SWAT looking guys with a big cannon of sorts but I haven't compared them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"