The Amazing Spider-Man The Night Gwen Stacy Died

LOL, I don't see Venom being inevitable to this rebooted franchise....reason why Sony is considering a spin-off.

True. Good point, I had forgot about the spinoff in the plans. That could be a factor in the decision process on whether Venom is in this franchise or not.

I heard of an idea of Green Goblin killing Gwen Stacy and remaining as a villain into the third film which really intrigues me, so this would be my choice for the next two films:

TAS-M 2 : Green Goblin

TAS-M 3 : Green Goblin, who plays a more minor role this time, and uses an old project that Norman specifically worked on as "muscle" for OsCorp, which will be Electro and controls him to go after Spider-Man.

Same idea I basically had, just substitue Venom for TASM3, and the symbiote suit (probably not alien, going the ultimate route or something along that line), playing a role in Peter almost killing the Goblin.

Then I guess we won't be seeing Venom or Ock, I have a hunch that they might go for new villains which weren't shown yet (Ock was handled amazing in SM2 and Venom was screwed in SM3, but it takes more movies if they are to introduce these the symbiote story again)! However, I do hope we see GG, with a proper suit this time and I hope that they do the Gwen Stacy story, especially because we have her in the movie, its the reason why I also hope for the Goblin as well!

I think it's most likely that she'll die in the 3rd, but we'll see. I have 2 versions of the trilogy which I'd like to see become reality.

TASM1: we got Lizzy.
TASM2 (they should name the sequel The Spectacular Spider-Man ): I'd like to see 2 villains (Mysterio & Shocker, Mysterio & Kraven, Shocker & Kraven).
TASM3: The Green Goblin, Spidey's deadliest foe takes away from him what he loves the most - Gwen Stacy.

Ofc, if they introduce MJ and if they plan to have GG in the second movie, then here's how I see the 2nd & 3rd:

TASM2: GG & Gwen story. Also introduce MJ. And JJJ.
TASM3: JJJ & Scorpion story. I'd love to see Scorpion. And also have a second villain, only if it's not too much (such as Shocker for example).

If you would re-name the sequel to The Spectacular Spider-Man...what would you call the third installment?

I always thought of Bane as Batman's Venom type villain, solely based on popularity. But I am not that much of a Batman fan/comic reader.

I think like other's have said, I think Venom will be in the franchise at some point. And if so, I hope he has a director that does him and his storyline justice this time.

Doc Ock is more like Spidey's version of Bane. Doc Ock has pushed Spider-Man to the limits that is much different than Green Goblin, like how Bane has pushed Batman to his limits much different than Joker. I never understood the comparison to Venom/Bane because Bane has actually done some terrible things to Batman's body and spirit...Venom hasn't. BUT, when you bring in popularity, then that idea can pop up....but that's just a dumb notion to bring in Venom for popularity reasons because that's the only reason why Avi Arad wanted the villain in Spider-Man 3 and that should not be the case and the film showed it as it messed up with that Raimi wanted for his film.

And...I'd rather see Venom show up in the next series of films, possibly the next reboot after Webb....but not in Webb's trilogy. No thanks.

Same idea I basically had, just substitue Venom for TASM3, and the symbiote suit (probably not alien, going the ultimate route or something along that line), playing a role in Peter almost killing the Goblin.

Venom has no place in this trilogy, imo.

The perfect way to do it, would be to end ASM 2 with her falling off the bridge, not showing spidey shooting the web or anything, just him jumping after her, and it goes slow mo, then goes straight into the credits. then ASM 3 opens with him holding her body and chasing after the goblin.

If you would re-name the sequel to The Spectacular Spider-Man...what would you call the third installment?

Astonishing? But I don't see them changing the names.

As for villains in the sequels, I agree about having the Green Goblin show up for both the second and third installments. But I'd rather see Shocker than Electro as a minor. I just think his costume would translate really well to film. It could even be made out of textures similar to Spider-Man's and perhaps his gauntlets are created out of inspiration or as a way of mimicking Spidey's web-shooters.

Astonishing? But I don't see them changing the names.

As for villains in the sequels, I agree about having the Green Goblin show up for both the second and third installments. But I'd rather see Shocker than Electro as a minor. I just think his costume would translate really well to film. It could even be made out of textures similar to Spider-Man's and perhaps his gauntlets are created out of inspiration or as a way of mimicking Spidey's web-shooters.

:up::up:

Shocker would definitely be nice to see. I myself would pick Electro first, but I wouldn't mind seeing Shocker either as I've always wanted to see both of those villains in a film. Even if some would call Shocker a B-list villain, he's somebody I think could handle a film on his own or at least partly on his own.

Do you guys really think the Green Goblin will be re-introduced? I think you would want to give the audience something they haven't seen before.

That's why I don't think we will see the bridge scene with GG and Gwen's death, although we could see Gwen's death in different circumstances.

I have a really good feeling that they are going to have Gwen die in this trilogy. Off the top of my head I can't remember anything that Marc Webb said, but from interviews I got a feeling that we would be getting the whole story arc.

I kinda hope she does; nothing against Gwen and definitely nothing against Emma Stone. It would be amazing to have her death on film, exactly how it is in the comics.

Yeah. That is one of those things that I think need to be straight out of the comics because it would be hard to improve.

Oh, duh. I just remembered Oscorp is in this movie, which makes it all the more likely they'll have Norman appear.

To be honest I was hoping we could get a cool espionage story with the Chameleon as the villain.

Yea I agree. Having Gwen Stacy as first love (how it should be) and Oscorp in this franchise is pretty much confirmation that Norman/Green Goblin will be present, if not one of the main villains, in the coming sequels. But I have to admit, I maybe a little dissapointed if Venom isn't apart of this franchise. To me, Venom is one of Spiderman's most deadly villains, if not a foil of sorts...and a stand alone film for Venom without Spiderman wouldn't make much sense (especially if it's from Sam Raimi's continuity). Spiderman 3 did Venom no justice, and I'd love to see some redemption for the character. :venom:

Do you guys really think the Green Goblin will be re-introduced? I think you would want to give the audience something they haven't seen before.

That's why I don't think we will see the bridge scene with GG and Gwen's death, although we could see Gwen's death in different circumstances.

Well Nolan only brought in a couple new villains apart from Burton's/Schumacher's films, so it wouldn't be surprising that Webb brings at least one villain from Raimi's trilogy, plus with OsCorp playing such a big deal in this new reboot.

Well Nolan only brought in a couple new villains apart from Burton's/Schumacher's films, so it wouldn't be surprising that Webb brings at least one villain from Raimi's trilogy, plus with OsCorp playing such a big deal in this new reboot.

Yeah that's a good point. Also noting GG is considered Spidey's arch-villain.

I really think Gwen's death could be strong in this series. It would be different from Rachel's in TDK, more impactful in my opinion. Emma Stone is a beloved actress to the young demographic for this movie, so murdering her character would be shocking to audiences, very effective for creating Spider-Man drama, and Andrew Garfield certainly has the skill to give the neccessary emotional performance.

I really think Gwen's death could be strong in this series. It would be different from Rachel's in TDK, more impactful in my opinion. Emma Stone is a beloved actress to the young demographic for this movie, so murdering her character would be shocking to audiences, very effective for creating Spider-Man drama, and Andrew Garfield certainly has the skill to give the neccessary emotional performance.
Yes. I think it would be great if we had Gwen for all of ASM2 to connect with her even more. And then killed off near the beginning of ASM3 by the Goblin. It would be one hell of a way to end the series, emotionally and in terms of hating the main villain of that film.

Yeah that's a good point. Also noting GG is considered Spidey's arch-villain.

It's kinda different scenarios. Rachel's death was a complete shocker, while Gwen's death would be something that every fan of the Spidey mythos will be aware of but it'll just be a shocker to finally see that epic moment on screen.

To be honest I was hoping we could get a cool espionage story with the Chameleon as the villain.
To be honest I think we have more deserving villains which haven't appeared in a SM Movie: Scorpion, Shocker, Mysterio even Kraven. I don't want a bond-type SM movie, Chameleon would be too boring, maybe he could be a secondary villain, but definetly not the main one or the only one in the movie. Spidey needs someone whom he can fight and we need to see some spectacular action scenes.

The audience already got something they haven't seen before with The Lizard! There 2 more movies (if we judge by what we heard so far) where they can get at least 2 new villains. Plus it's one of the most emotional stories in the SM universe, now that they have introduced Gwen properly, it would be a shame if they don't introduce that story also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"