The Night Manager

The month will be jammed with awesome shows.

The long wait is almost over! According to Radio Times The Night Manager is set for February release. (Definitely in the UK, possibly in the US as well.)

Interesting, I can only find an April date for it.

Interesting, I can only find an April date for it.

Maybe it's a Radio Times misprint, but according to this scan from their latest issue that's been making the rounds on Twitter, TNM is slated for release in February.

https://twitter.com/ajsaladine/status/679716588279459841

So I'm assuming February is it - at least for the UK. On this side of the pond, AMC is making us wait until April.

So, BBC1 just dropped a new trailer for their upcoming season, and it features a number of new snippets from TNM.

[YT]watch?v=sX0fgfepf5k[/YT]

Look out for snatches of Hugh Laurie as Roper, Tom Hiddleston as Pine, Olivia Coleman as Burr and (I think!) Tom Hollander as Corkoran. I'm so looking forward to seeing what Hollander does with Corkoran, one of the most fully realized characters from the novel. I found myself hating/feeling sorry for him in equal measure.

Awesome trailer, by the way! I now have a number of other shows on my watch list.

The first official trailer dropped today. Looks great!

[YT]watch?v=EGCc_jtuz44[/YT]

April 19th can't get here fast enough!

The first official trailer dropped today. Looks great!

[YT]watch?v=EGCc_jtuz44[/YT]

April 19th can't get here fast enough!

Looks very good, was hoping for some snowy location footage but still, cool to see Loki in a very different kind of role. :D

Looks very good, was hoping for some snowy location footage but still, cool to see Loki in a very different kind of role. :D

Well apparently that one was just a promo. The official official trailer hit today and it looks even better.

Get your snowy footage here! :woot:

[YT]watch?v=g-ZcaKdvML8[/YT]

Holy hell this looks good, cannot wait till next month.

Well apparently that one was just a promo. The official official trailer hit today and it looks even better.

Get your snowy footage here! :woot:

[YT]watch?v=g-ZcaKdvML8[/YT]

Snow sighting! :jd:This is looking really good, can't wait to check the first ep out.

Another trailer, this one for AMC's Asia market:

[YT]watch?v=6l5-o8sDOdE[/YT]

I'm hoping this music is the actual theme. Sounds a bit Bond-ish.

(I still can't believe that nearly everyone outside of the US gets to see this in a couple of weeks. :cmad: :csad: )

Ok first episode was very good,will certainly continue to watch this.

I thought it managed to stay pretty true to the spirit of the book, even with the update. So far so good!

Really good start, the story is intriguing, Hiddleston makes for a great lead and Laurie is a suitably nasty villain, plus the locations are excellent.

Olivia Colman is so good in this.

She is! Reading the book, Leonard Burr was such a good and passionate person. So when I heard that they were gender flipping his character for the series and that Olivia Colman would be playing Burr, I could absolutely see it.

I'm still waiting for Elizabeth Debicki to shine. On the surface she is so different from the Jed in the book: American verses British, short blond instead of long brown hair. I don't really understand why these surface changes were made. I'm hoping she manages to capture the 'internal mess' that is Jed. Her character is so easy to dislike - it took me a while to understand where she was coming from - so I'm hoping Debicki really brings it.

I never read the book this is based on but I feel I should seek it out after that fantastic first episode. I loved it, especially when Roper arrived. Hugh looks like he's going to be playing a right bastard.

About to watch episode 2 now. :)

Enjoyed the second episode just as much. Making a name for himself in Devon etc.

Tom Hollander's character is such a little s***!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"