The Night Manager

2nd episode was just as good as the first one, if not better, the production crew have done a fantastic job on the filming locations for this series, One thing in this series I find amusing are the names of Ropers bodyguards (Frisky,Corky and Tabby) they sound like names of small dogs.

Another solid episode. Looks like things are about to get real interesting. Corky's on the way out!

Another solid episode,glad they got rid of Corky couldn't stand him,I have to go back and watch the previous episode cause I dont remember Olivia Colman looking so pregnant as she did in this episode.

Finally caught up to episode 4. Surprisingly this was not one of my favorites as it contained some of the weakest dialogue. BUT, the last few minutes more than made up for it. What a cliff hanger! Even more so since from this point on the series is going to differ from the book. So having read the book isn't going to help anymore.

And I do have to give a shout out to Tom Hollander. His Corky steals each and every scene he's in. That restaurant scene... :funny: (Anyone else notice LeCarre's cameo?)

And since this is finally my 1000th post I'm gonna throw myself a party right over here.

:djs: :woot:

Finally caught up to episode 4. Surprisingly this was not one of my favorites as it contained some of the weakest dialogue. BUT, the last few minutes more than made up for it. What a cliff hanger! Even more so since from this point on the series is going to differ from the book. So having read the book isn't going to help anymore.

And I do have to give a shout out to Tom Hollander. His Corky steals each and every scene he's in. That restaurant scene... :funny: (Anyone else notice LeCarre's cameo?)

And since this is finally my 1000th post I'm gonna throw myself a party right over here.

:djs: :woot:
Wait, was LeCarre the old man ?

congratulations

Just finished with the Night Manager, has to be one of the best mini series BBC have done in a long long time,I feel like reading the book now as I think the ending was a bit different.

Tiny issue but I thought Hugh Laurie's ''Roper'' came off somewhat as a campy villain near the end

Finally caught up with Ep 5 last night (Technically this morning - who needs more than 4 hours sleep anyway?:woot:) Roper's playing Pine like a cat with a mouse. And now we come full circle as the scene shifts back to Cairo...

Alas poor Corky!

I recommend the book very much as it's told in a way that takes you inside Pine's head. You get to understand his motivations a lot better and get to see aspects of his personality that don't come across in the series. For example, the guy has a great sense of humor! And his sense of stoicism. Despite having come from a background of incredible personal loss he doesn't feel sorry for himself at all. He's much more likeable than the Pine you see on screen. The book's ending was pretty lousy though. That part is already more interesting on screen. Can't wait for Ep 6!

*bump*

Almost there! Less than 48 hours till The Night Manager has its US debut.

I'm so excited for this.

The Night Manager: BBC drama set to return for series two

Director Susanne Bier told Broadcast the script was "slowly being developed" for the follow-up.

Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie and Olivia Colman starred in the BBC One thriller, which was a hit last year. Its three stars won Golden Globes, while Danish director Bier won an Emmy Award.

The series was based on John le Carre's 1993 novel - but the book does not have a sequel.

Bier told Broadcast: "We all very much want to do a season two, but the thing we absolutely do not want is to do something that does not live up to the level of season one.

"That would be a really bad idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"