The nods to Braniac in MAN OF STEEL

The Guard

Avenger
Reaction score
So did anyone else catch what I'm fairly certain were some subtle nods to Braniac within some of the Kryptonian technology/imagery, etc? Check out the structure and the positioning of the various technology. Some of the nodes, energy flows, and even the Phantom Zone itself were in the triangular "Braniac" formation. And we saw more than a few of those "robot tendrils" Braniac likes to use. Even the Phantom Drive keypad itself appeared to have something that very much resembled Braniac's triangular, three pointed node imagery.

Just saying.

Could we likely see Braniac in the MAN OF STEEL sequel, potentially tied to the Krypton Codex (with which something clearly happened when Superman was escaping the Phantom Zone's pull)?

Honestly, I don't think there is a need for Brainiac in the sequel. Zod's genesis machine does just about everything Brainiac would do on film, so why bother? You had a villain of Kryptonian origin, with amazing technology that was able to put the hurt on Superman and create a real threat for Earth. Not much more to show, in that regard.

They don't need to make Brainiac of Kryptonian origin. Go with the one that's from the planet Colu instead. Johns had took that Colu version and merged it with the TAS version in his Brainiac story, and it turned out pretty well.

I agree. Make part 2 based on the "Superman: Braniac" story arc and introduce Supergirl.

No, no, no to any other Super's out there. Leave it at Superman

I can definitely see Brainiac wanting to capture Superman and hold him as an artifact since his body contains the codex of Krypton, as Guard mentioned.

I just don't see the need for him anymore. The machine did just about everything Brainiac could do. On the other hand, Superman's rogue gallery isn't that deep, so why not?

Goyer stated he would love to see Brainiac on the big screen. Definitely don't rule it out, its definitely a possibility.

I just don't see the need for him anymore. The machine did just about everything Brainiac could do. On the other hand, Superman's rogue gallery isn't that deep, so why not?

The machine shrunk cities and collected things from other planets? :p

save Darkseid for the Justice League film!!!

Brainiac will probably be like he in Smallville Season 8. Try to collect every peice of knowledge the world has to offer while Doomsday destroys Superman but probably a third movie story. You need Luthor to gap the alien invasion plot lines like Joker gapped the destroy Gotham plot lines.

I thought Zod, himself, had some similar motivations to Brainiac.

He was created to protect Krypton and was willing to do that through any means necessary, even destroying earth. His speech toward the end about being nothing without his purpose hit that home. It was as if he was a machine that had only his function. Brainiac, specifically in TAS (which I've been watching recently and is fresh in my mind), doomed the planet of Krypton so that it could survive and serve its function as a machine to protect Kryptonian knowledge and preserve it as is.

You have to go Darkseid

Darkseid in my opinion should be saved for any potential Justice League film.

I could go with Brainiac as a villian however as others have touched on, he would be virtually trying to do what Zod wanted to do. Lex I want as 1 of 2 villains in the next film, I feel the fact that Superman
killed Zod
is too good a reason to pass up for Lex hating Superman & not wanting to trust him.

As for another villian, Brianiac could work well as could any other Kryptonian related villian. Lex & maybe Metallo could work well.

Braniac could totally be in a little pseudo usb like the one containing Jor-El shadow.

I'm in for Lex and Metallo. In many ways, the film needs to go smaller and more personal for Superman. Lex can do that and Metallo can be a way to introduce Kryptonite and a villain that can go toe to toe with Supes.

Braniac could totally be in a little pseudo usb like the one containing Jor-El shadow.

Hmmm...what if this idea was merged with...

the possibility that Jor El's consciousness was lost with the key. He stumbles upon the Brainiac program that becomes a link to his Kryptonian heritage. Superman ends up trusting him until 'BAM' Brainiac uses him to enslave earth or rebuild Krypton or something. Haven't gotten that far yet.

Brainiac is arguably Supes second biggest villain after Lex, he should be used in the franchise at some point.

I prefer Doomsday for the JLA film.

Have Doomsday as the main villain. After finally defeating him we see a Justice League in shambles as Superman breathes his last. Then we jump to the planet Apocalypse where Desaad approaches a throne. He says, "Superman should have known that to fight Doomsday is to court death." The throne turns and Darkseid's face is seen breaking a smile. End!

Never been done before and would be great.

I'm going to bed.

MOS2 - Luthor combined with a physical threat (power suit, Doomsday, metallo, etc) Introduce Braniac threat (post credits...?) and Bruce Wayne.

Batman/Superman - Braniac. "absorb" all knowledge plot, can be tied to Wayne's detective skills, can have an awesome "verbal" sparring between Batman and Braniac, then a showdown between braniac's "troops" or whatever has and Bats and Supes.

Batman Solo Film - One of his rogues, have superman just appear in the film.

Justice League- Darkseid.

rough sketch...we're in for a long ride....

Hmmm...what if this idea was merged with...

the possibility that Jor El's consciousness was lost with the key. He stumbles upon the Brainiac program that becomes a link to his Kryptonian heritage. Superman ends up trusting him until 'BAM' Brainiac uses him to enslave earth or rebuild Krypton or something. Haven't gotten that far yet.

Pretty much what i had in mind yes.

:cwink:

I eat Raisin "Braniac" every morning.

By the way. For those of you who say you "don't see the need" for Brainiac after MoS: did you see any shrinking of cities going on? Nooo. I'd like to see Paris in a bottle. Along with Metropolis. I'd totally buy those on the black space market.

Last edited:
I do have an idea for a more... realistic (?!) method Brainiac can use when it comes to stealing cities.

Have him capture cities as they are, sans the shrinkage. He places them on the surface, or inside of his planet-sized vessel (think Cybertron/Death Star). His goal is to re-populate his empty home world. The vessel IS his home world, and he's an advanced AI synced to every computer there.

Barring that? Go the "Reaper" route from Mass Effect. Instead of stealing cities, he harvests genetic material from across the universe for some reason or another. This ties into a theme from MoS.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"