The nods to Braniac in MAN OF STEEL

How hard would it have been to include a line or 2, while Jor-El was explaining history to Kal, stating that what Brainiac did to Krypton is what prompted the artificial population control and abandoning the space program? They wanted to keep as many Kryptonians on the homeworld as possible in case what happened then happens again, then they could keep their numbers up to remain stable. It's simple, it's quick, and pumps the audience up at the same time.

Were they nods and Easter Eggs or were they hints to his appearance in a sequel? *hint, hint*

I say have Lex Luthor and Braniac. Braniac is just too good a villain to not have in a Superman movie franchise and in my opinion they should have used Braniac in this story rather than using Zod.

Im all for introducing Lex into the next movie. I think it will flow better. After having an alien invasion I can see Lex coming out and wanting to put his nose in Supermans business. Brainiac seems like too much of a leap to make and Doomsday would be too.

I like the idea of maybe Brianiac could try to harvest the earth energy, and at the end gets defeated by superman, then for the third sequel Brainac with his badly destroyed he gets Prin Vnok to travel to the deapths of space to get doomsday were suse his consciousness with doomsday body. Chuck in lex getting posses by brainiac and leading an anti superman campaign with the help of superman being affected by the red kryptonite winning the election Or something to that affect to be honest i'm still amazed by the MOS. (Forget what I just said)

Do you think they'd want to return to the alien invasion angle? Would this be this franchises Iron Man vs "guy in a metal suit?".

Last edited:
Do you think they'd want to return to the alien invasion angle? Would this be the franchises Iron Man vs "guy in a metal suit?".

We can have another alien invasion story without it being a rehash. The key is to create a unique villain, minions, motivations, etc. It'd only become a problem if we were going with Kryptonians again.

Wold be awesome to have Braniac, Metallo, and Luthor as villians in MOS 2.

Last edited:
After the fil a friend of mine said "I love to find out Brianiac was contoling Zod and pulling the strings. He could team with Luthor & create Bizzaro." I said well that is an interesting thought.

After the fil a friend of mine said "I love to find out Brianiac was contoling Zod and pulling the strings. He could team with Luthor & create Bizzaro." I said well that is an interesting thought.

It would have been cool if Luthor would have gotten his hands on that vile of superman blood. Then bizarro could have been created.

Here's my idea for the sequel.

Brainiac discovers that Kal son of El is carrying the codex in his blood cells and will try to extract them as his desire for knowledge, which the codex is riddle with the DNA knowledge of Kal's peoples genome. When Kal finds out he's carrying the codex he will protect it it with his life, by protecting himself from being murdered or captured by Brainiac. Once Kal is captured Brainiac extracts the codex and Kal has to get it back.

In the Man of Steel you saw the crashed Kryptonian ship in the ice, and Kal saw one of the pods was open in the film, and there's a comic book back story where Kara crashed in that ship to Earth. She should be in the sequel. She is a scientist, and at the end of the film she'll take the retrieved codex and leave to recolonize on another planet were her and her people can grow. Kal is alone at the end of the movie, but there is still hope that his people will return one day and his people will thrive all under the guidance of Kara as the leader of New Krypton.

Last edited:
My friend though the codex was Braniac.

Exactly what I thought. Only a pice of the skull was the codex where was the other part? What if Brainiac made the codex or is a descendent of that codex and he comes to earth to extracted from Supeman. Superman still has all the kryptonians inside of him so he is the bottle city himself.

They don't need to make Brainiac of Kryptonian origin. Go with the one that's from the planet Colu instead. Johns had took that Colu version and merged it with the TAS version in his Brainiac story, and it turned out pretty well.

:up:

Yes this, I think Brainiac would be a great choice for the villain in a sequel they can now use the fact that Kal El is (well if we believe Faora and co died) the Last Kryptonian, not to mention he holds within him the codex for recreating the entire race, maybe Brainiac wants that. He doesn't have to bottle cities, he could be like he was in STAS where he is a collector of knowledge and destroyer of worlds.

& I am for bringing in Supergirl after reading the Comic & they can still tie together Supergirl & Brainiac

Honestly, I don't think there is a need for Brainiac in the sequel. Zod's genesis machine does just about everything Brainiac would do on film, so why bother? You had a villain of Kryptonian origin, with amazing technology that was able to put the hurt on Superman and create a real threat for Earth. Not much more to show, in that regard.

Brainiac isn't of Kryptonian origin most of the time.

Brainiac isn't of Kryptonian origin most of the time.

The only version of him that doesn't suck/is not over-convoluted is.

Yep. I said it. :oldrazz:

If Man Of Steel II must hint towards Justice League, they should go the New 52 route. Brainiac is not an outright villain, he collects from worlds that are soon to die. Superman would be the perfect preservation of Krypton with Metropolis of Earth.

Secondary villain should be an amalgamation of Hope (from Luthor) and either Bizarro or Metallo.

Man of Steel Doomsday. That is all I wanna see for MOS 2 or 3.

I believe that for a third movie they could go with the Brainiac/Doomsday arc they tried back in the superman lives years, just maybe done right.
Let the second movie to Luthor ;) a much more psychological threat, something more Jokerish since we're taking in account the DK trilogy...

Honestly, I don't think there is a need for Brainiac in the sequel. Zod's genesis machine does just about everything Brainiac would do on film, so why bother? You had a villain of Kryptonian origin, with amazing technology that was able to put the hurt on Superman and create a real threat for Earth. Not much more to show, in that regard.

I disagree. Now that Zod has done what he's done, it leaves Braniac to do something truly creative. But, I don't think it should be in MoS2. I think MoS2 should be more earthly in its plotlines. Luthor and probably Metallo (maybe Bizarro).

I believe that for a third movie they could go with the Brainiac/Doomsday arc they tried back in the superman lives years, just maybe done right.
Let the second movie to Luthor ;) a much more psychological threat, something more Jokerish since we're taking in account the DK trilogy...

And yes, Brainiac and Doomsday for a MoS3 would be fantastic.

No, no, no to any other Super's out there. Leave it at Superman

I agree. Truly not interested in any limelight being stolen/borrowed by Super girl, Superboy or Krypto. No thankee. The only Kryptonians left should be Kal-El, the genetic code imprinted on his skin cells and the baddies in the Phantom Zone.

How hard would it have been to include a line or 2, while Jor-El was explaining history to Kal, stating that what Brainiac did to Krypton is what prompted the artificial population control and abandoning the space program? They wanted to keep as many Kryptonians on the homeworld as possible in case what happened then happens again, then they could keep their numbers up to remain stable. It's simple, it's quick, and pumps the audience up at the same time.

Wow man, I had the same thought yesterday. They could always add this in somehow in a sequel.

Here's my idea for the sequel.

Brainiac discovers that Kal son of El is carrying the codex in his blood cells and will try to extract them as his desire for knowledge, which the codex is riddle with the DNA knowledge of Kal's peoples genome. When Kal finds out he's carrying the codex he will protect it it with his life, by protecting himself from being murdered or captured by Brainiac. Once Kal is captured Brainiac extracts the codex and Kal has to get it back.

In the Man of Steel you saw the crashed Kryptonian ship in the ice, and Kal saw one of the pods was open in the film, and there's a comic book back story where Kara crashed in that ship to Earth. She should be in the sequel. She is a scientist, and at the end of the film she'll take the retrieved codex and leave to recolonize on another planet were her and her people can grow. Kal is alone at the end of the movie, but there is still hope that his people will return one day and his people will thrive all under the guidance of Kara as the leader of New Krypton.

The first part of your post I'm definitely onboard with. I don't know if I'd want to see Kara. I am digging how Kal is the last of his kind and with the codex in his body, the most precious artifact from Krypton.

I noticed the nods as well, i kept going... o yeah that's totally nods at brainiac. Now... if they can make a compelling story out of him and utilize him in a way we haven't already just seen, im all for it. However... they might do better by having a secondary villain in the film like Metallo... where i could see them sorta merging the tech to create Metallo or a hybrid of both characters. Also.... Metallo would make for a great way to introduce Kryptonite to the franchise as well...

I think it would be refreshing if the JL movie wasn't some huge triumph of the team over the villain. Have a truly dangerous threat that isn't only enough to bring them together but also to beat them. That's why I think the JL movie should be the death of Superman centered on Doomsday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"