The Northern & Southern hemisphere Rugby union thread (6 Nations,Super Rugby,sevens)

Well, got to give that honor to France - credit where credit is due, we played 72 brilliant minutes, and they played 80.

Still, time to dust myself off and look forward to a Lions series. Da iawn ! Cheers.
Yeah credit to France.

I don’t like how the grandslam is often considered the be all and end all. It should just be a nice bonus when a team gets it. The 6 Nations championship itself should be the main goal. This used to piss me off when England used to win the championship and miss out on the grandslam. I don’t see this in other sports or tournaments at all. Finishing top of any league, even on goals/points difference is usually what it’s about but for some reason in this tournament the winners have to be perfect to get due credit.

Jordie Barrett looks like he's stepping out of Beauden's shadow in Super Rugby

Lol. I've been watching clips of Super Rugby Aotearoa on S4C with Cymraeg commentary.:D my only comment on Jordie, is that Beauden has a combination of speed, skills and a nearly unmatched ability to read the game and see holes in a defense - Jordie isnt quiet as gifted IMO, I guess time will tell.

The Crusaders look set to roll everyone again, I've been a Crusaders supporter since 1998, but even I can see that their current dominance isnt good for the game overall. On that note @Iceman have you heard the rumour that England may dump Jones and if so Razor Robertson may get a look in ?

Did you catch the Scotland v France game?
Probably the game of the tournament, I predicted that if the Scots could keep them out for the first 15 minutes then they might grind out a win, but I never imagined it would be such an exciting match.

I watched it in the Welsh pub ( it was around 9am Saturday morning here) there was plenty of shouting and screaming, had to buy a drink or two for Scottish people after that - what a performance by Scotland against a strong French team. A great match all around, and a big favour to Wales !

Diolch yn fawr yr Alban !

No, hadn't heard that.

And no I missed that game unfortunately. Sounds like fun in your pub again lol. :up:

I've looked back over the last few pages and it seems to only be us in here @Iceman @Batmannerism
What did you make of the Lions announcement? Chuffed for AWJ. Excited to see LRZ get a chance but some players there are on reputation, not form.

I've looked back over the last few pages and it seems to only be us in here @Iceman @Batmannerism
What did you make of the Lions announcement? Chuffed for AWJ. Excited to see LRZ get a chance but some players there are on reputation, not form.
Yes, haha we are keeping it going. Quality over quantity lol. I think he’s a great pick. I love Lions stuff. Jason Robinson (one of my all time favourite players) agrees with you. What do you think of his picks?

"LRZ is a must." - Jason Robinson picks his Lions XV to beat South Africa | Ruck

Yes, haha we are keeping it going. Quality over quantity lol. I think he’s a great pick. I love Lions stuff. Jason Robinson (one of my all time favourite players) agrees with you. What do you think of his picks?

"LRZ is a must." - Jason Robinson picks his Lions XV to beat South Africa | Ruck

Shwmae, hello ! Sorry for not replying sooner, it's been a very busy week.

I'm not really surprised by any of the selections for the Lions tour. I have never really seen Sam Simmonds play, so I'll be interested to see what kind of impact he'll have.

I'm a bit surprised at the omission of Sam Underhill, but with Watson and Tipuric already in the team, they already have 2 world class no 7s.

I'm glad Sinckler has been left out - gives away too many penalties.

Slightly surprised Biggar made it in ( because of his age), although he outperformed some other fly halves this season - and he may be out now with a head injury

Gutted that George North will miss out due to an ACL injury, I was looking forward to his powerful running at centre .

Still, should be an excellent series !

Not relevant to union but thought might still be of interest.

Australia and NZ pull out of World Cup

Well, given the rise of Covid in the UK, I understand.

NZ and Aussie have contained Covid - so much so that when there was an outbreak in Sydney, things were locked down quickly.

Sad though, without Australia, the League world cup would be like the rugby world cup without the All Blacks.

Well, given the rise of Covid in the UK, I understand.

NZ and Aussie have contained Covid - so much so that when there was an outbreak in Sydney, things were locked down quickly.

Sad though, without Australia, the League world cup would be like the rugby world cup without the All Blacks.
Yeah, Australia are so dominant at League that it will be a strange championship without them.

Lions vs Boks....what a roller coaster! I was up early and down the pub for this ( 4am kick off NZ time) .

Lots of thoughts but I'm too knackered right now to share...

Lions leading the Sprinkboks 9-6 at half time.

24-9 do far,a much better performance by the Boks

Finishes 27-9. South Africa really turned up for that second half.

Finishes 27-9. South Africa really turned up for that second half.

Reminded me of their performance against England in the RWC 2019 final - similar themes, dominant scrums, unforced errors by oppossition , sealed by an opportunistic try .

Well done the Boks, come on Lions for the decider!

Reminded me of their performance against England in the RWC 2019 final - similar themes, dominant scrums, unforced errors by oppossition , sealed by an opportunistic try .

Well done the Boks, come on Lions for the decider!
It's set up for a great finale. :up:

The rugby league World Cup is to be postponed until 2022. Probably for the best if we can get Australia and New Zealand back for then.

Came across this awesome defence display while looking up training articles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"