The Northern & Southern hemisphere Rugby union thread (6 Nations,Super Rugby,sevens)

Yeah, it wouldnt have been a very cheery atmosphere - we played terribly.

Italy looked very close to beating France, their game has lifted significantly.

Looking forward to seeing Ireland v France next week - should be the game of the tournament. On current form Id back the Irish, they didnt play at their best and still crushed us in the first half.
Yeah, Ireland are favourites for sure. Good to see Italy competing. Expected a bit more from England too.

England getting smashed 32-10 to France so far and still a good while to go.

Getting silly now, 53-10. Going to be an absolutely massive defeat. Lovely running/passing try by France just now.

This was apparently the biggest ever defeat for England in this tournament. Also biggest home defeat ever and third worst result ever.

This was apparently the biggest ever defeat for England in this tournament. Also biggest home defeat ever and third worst result ever.

England looking poor, but France could seemingly do no wrong - that last try was poetry in motion.

England face Ireland next week. We face France, and while we dodged the wooden spoon, I'm expecting an absolute beating from the French.

England looking poor, but France could seemingly do no wrong - that last try was poetry in motion.

England face Ireland next week. We face France, and while we dodged the wooden spoon, I'm expecting an absolute beating from the French.
Yeah, was so beautiful to watch. I had no idea we were quite this bad right now lol.

Another defeat incoming! Surprised that Wales are also so far off the pace, I was supposed to go and see them with a Welsh friend recently but just as well I missed it given the defeat. I'm not quite up to date on rugby though, even Scotland have been uncharacteristically good! Think we both have to expect another loss to wrap this tournament up. Just hope we both put out good performances even if we lose.

Ireland beat Scotland 22-7 to set up the grand slam chance.

Ireland beat Scotland 22-7 to set up the grand slam chance.

More power to them. If Ireland can walk away with a grand slam and the world cup, good for them.

If the England team who played France show up, it'll be another 40 point game.

I would expect some improvement- but not enough to topple Ireland.

More power to them. If Ireland can walk away with a grand slam and the world cup, good for them.

If the England team who played France show up, it'll be another 40 point game.

I would expect some improvement- but not enough to topple Ireland.
Yeah, I’m not expecting too much from it. Avoiding a thrashing and trying hard throughout would be enough for now really lol, but will be good to see how good Ireland can be too.

England somehow ahead for now against Ireland. Sure they’ll come back and smash us by the end.

England somehow ahead for now against Ireland. Sure they’ll come back and smash us by the end.

England played well, and Ireland looked a bit desperate in the first half. However, the Irish hooker broke the game open for them - and a red and yellow card to England didn’t help.

All in all an improved performance for England but not enough to stop the Irish juggernaut.

England played well, and Ireland looked a bit desperate in the first half. However, the Irish hooker broke the game open for them - and a red and yellow card to England didn’t help.

All in all an improved performance for England but not enough to stop the Irish juggernaut.
Yeah, can’t complain at all after the performance against France. I expected much worse. Hopefully at least something to build on. Congrats to Ireland for the grand slam!

Yeah, can’t complain at all after the performance against France. I expected much worse. Hopefully at least something to build on. Congrats to Ireland for the grand slam!

World Cup prediction ?

Any predictions for the World cup starting this Friday (8th Sept)? right now I have the usual suspects meeting in the quarter final

Wales vs Argentina
France vs South Africa
England vs Australia
New Zealand vs Ireland

France leading NZ 9-8! Still all in the balance.

Any predictions for the World cup starting this Friday (8th Sept)? right now I have the usual suspects meeting in the quarter final

Wales vs Argentina
France vs South Africa
England vs Australia
New Zealand vs Ireland
That would be a great lineup. I’m not up to date on all the teams at the moment. Look forward to diving in and catching up on them all!

27-13 in the end to France! Great start from the hosts.

Very impressed to see England manage to beat Argentina with a player sent off for most of the game. Even with 15 it would have been no surprise to lose this match.

Fiji beat Australia 22-15!

England haven't been playing too well against Japan so far.

Fiji!

The big strong island boys were really well organised.
It was great to see. I said outside of England I’m supporting NZ, Fiji and the smaller island teams like Tonga and Samoa (ie all the most physical sides :D ). Japan too, although that’s a bit awkward with Japan and Samoa both in England’s group.

Game of the tournament between the Springboks and Ireland, feels like South Africa shot themselves in the foot a few times , could have easily put that game away in the 1st half.

Game of the tournament between the Springboks and Ireland, feels like South Africa shot themselves in the foot a few times , could have easily put that game away in the 1st half.
Great game. They need their main kicker back and will convert more points if they face Ireland again. A good taste of things to come in the knockout rounds between the big teams.

Wales beat Australia 40-6! Must be hard for Aussie fans after they used to be so strong in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"