The Offical Final Fantasy Thread

I saw a complete walkthrough/game movie of the game on YouTube (Can't afford a PS5 yet).

Judging by what I saw alone, it's definitely a strong contender for "Game of the Year".

In regard to Aerith's ultimate, I'm with the bandwagon of folks that believe Cloud (accidentally) created two separate timelines by blocking Sephiroth's attack: One where Aerith survived and another one where Aerith died. There's a lot of good videos on YouTube that provides strong evidence to support that theory over the idea that Cloud had just lost it and can't emotionally cope with her death.
I'm thinking that Aerith at the end is a combination of her communicating with him via the lifestream (would explain Nanaki sensing her presence) and Cloud struggling to understand/accept what has happened due to Sephiroth/Jenova's hold on his mind, not sure there will be an actual timeline split, since we already have a number of other timelines in play for them to address in part 3.
Their handling of Aerith's death in Rebirth makes me think that Cloud/Tifa in the lifestream is going to partially involve us/Cloud reliving Aerith's death in a more straighforward manner, how they handle Tifa helping Cloud piece his mind back together is something that I'm really looking forward to seeing in the third game, we got teased with it a bit in this game with what happens in Gongaga, the actual moment itself is probably gonna be crazy.

It’s the 30th anniversary of the release of Final Fantasy VI (III on the Super NES).

Story spoilers abound. Everybody should play this game first.

the FFS9 remake in the works

At this point after all the rumors lately I'll be a bit annoyed if this teasing isn't about a remake or at least a proper remaster of FFIX. I really loved that game and its characters (except Amarant) and it would be great to see them get expanded on, particularly things like Freya's backstory with Fratley, and actually doing something, anything, to make Amarant remotely interesting, they'd probably also want to tone down some of Zidane's early-game behavior towards Garnet/Dagger, that s*** has not aged well.

Last edited:

Next to nobody who didn’t finish Remake is gonna buy the direct episodic part 2, and the same goes to part 3 in comparison to part 2. I’ve seen it said that only 35%-40% of players finished Remake so that lowers the sales ceiling.

I haven’t bothered with either of them yet.

Official sales numbers haven't been reported. Also worth noting that number of PS4 owners is more than double that of PS5 owners.

Official sales numbers haven't been reported. Also worth noting that number of PS4 owners is more than double that of PS5 owners.
I think the reason why sales numbers haven't been reported is because they aren't very good. otherwise, why wouldn't they have reported the sales numbers?

FINAL FANTASY XVI Update 1.31

A lot tweaks, adjustments, and changes including new cutscenes.

Edit: they took the April 18 patch notes down I imagine they’ll put them back shortly closer to that date.

Last edited:
FF16 is rated M for adults and sold less at launch than FF15 and FF13.

In recent years, players of the Final Fantasy series have tended to skew towards a higher age range. However, this time there are survey results showing that more people in their teens and 20s played Final Fantasy 16."

If their survey (and from where? Japan? Global?) was a straw poll I'd 'push X to doubt'. Though otherwise maybe they turned off enough old fans to in effect raise the share % of younger people.

Well I have no interest in playing a FF game but splitting a remake in 3 games.... is crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"