Final Fantasy XV

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

PlayStation 4, Xbox One
[FONT=&quot]Final Fantasy XV version 1.20 update now available, adds character swapping[/FONT]
Published 2 hours ago. 20 comments.
[FONT=&quot]
Swap between Noctis, Gladio, Prompto, and Ignis in the main story.

FFXV-Update-120_12-11-17.jpg

The version 1.19 and 1.20 updates for Final Fantasy XV are now available, adding the late November-announced character swapping feature to the game.

Here are the patch notes:
Version 1.19

• Implementation of character swap feature (available in Ascension: Techniques)
  • Conclusion of online support for timed quests
  • Addition of compatibility with “Episode Ignis”
  • Addition of pieces from “Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades” and “Episode Ignis” to music player tracklist
  • Various bug fixes
Version 1.20

• Various bug fixes
Final Fantasy XV is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and will launch for PC in early 2018.
Thanks, r/FFXV. (Screenshot via.)

[FONT=&quot]

source: Gematsu
[/FONT]

There should have been the ability to switch between teammates in the first place and not in the style of their respective dlc's. That just feels like it would be a recipe for disaster given the game is built around Noctis' control style. Again I just didn't appreciate the lackluster attempt at a psuedo turn based option with the wait timer and it doesn't hold up as an action game either imo. Should have went with something more akin to FFXII.

Also the timed quest thing seems odd to me. Their support for this game feels like a scattergun approach. From the game changing several times during development to story changes post release and various other features it makes the game feel like a beta for not just one game, but several. FFXV feels more like a testing ground for various concepts.

There should have been the ability to switch between teammates in the first place and not in the style of their respective dlc's. That just feels like it would be a recipe for disaster given the game is built around Noctis' control style. Again I just didn't appreciate the lackluster attempt at a psuedo turn based option with the wait timer and it doesn't hold up as an action game either imo. Should have went with something more akin to FFXII.

Also the timed quest thing seems odd to me. Their support for this game feels like a scattergun approach. From the game changing several times during development to story changes post release and various other features it makes the game feel like a beta for not just one game, but several. FFXV feels more like a testing ground for various concepts.

yeah. and it also makes XV feel like a work in progress.

even now it still feels incomplete, as they want to add more character episodes/content. stuff that should have been part of the story and game in the first place.

I still miss the days when this game was under the Versus XIII title, and I wonder what could have been had that original game come to fruition.

Guess we'll never know about Versus XIII.

Just to let anyone know about the latest update. It adds some stuff to Conrades, but it also makes it a bit janky. Animatiins are out of alignment. Weapons are appearing misplaced in characters hands and during a counter animation on the massive snake in one mission I was clearly more than a few feet out of where I was supposed to be. I've also encountered a rare stuttering to the point it seems to almost crash. Not unplayable, but noticeable issues.

\PlayStation 4, Xbox One
[FONT=&quot]ESRB rates Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition for PS4, Xbox One[/FONT]
Published 17 hours ago. 120 comments.

[FONT=&quot]
"Complete Edition" incoming?

FFXV-Royal-Edition-ESRB_01-08-18.jpg

The Entertainment Software Rating Board has rated a “Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition” for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

While the description of the rating does not provide any further information, it is likely the Royal Edition is a “Complete Edition” containing the main game and all of the downloadable content released up until now.

Here is the full description:
This is an action role-playing game (RPG) in which players control a prince and his friends as they attempt to save their kingdom from evil forces. From a third-person perspective, players move around battlefields and city environments, perform various quests, and battle an assortment of human and fantastical enemies (e.g., demons, titans). Characters use swords, guns (e.g., pistols, machine guns, rocket launchers, sniper rifles), and magic attacks (e.g., exploding fireballs, blasts of ice) to defeat soldiers, monsters, and oversized animals in frenetic combat. Fights are highlighted by cries of pain, dramatic light effects, explosions, and realistic gunfire. A handful of cutscenes depict characters impaled on swords; one cutscene involves a woman being stabbed off-screen; another scene depicts a character with a bloodstained wound. During the course of the game, some female characters are depicted topless, with breasts that lack discernible details (i.e., no nipples). The word “*****” appears in the dialogue.
Final Fantasy XV is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and will launch for PC in early 2018.

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

and that's precisely why I held off buying the base version for cheap during the holidays.

I figured a "complete" edition would be forthcoming.

and that's precisely why I held off buying the base version for cheap during the holidays.

Same, i literally do this with every game now.

especially with this game, which felt like it was a "work in progress" with all the DLC.

Definitely, the wait has been hard at times, but it's always worth it for me.

I am currently doing the same for Shadow of War and Battlefront 2.

Definitely, the wait has been hard at times, but it's always worth it for me.

I am currently doing the same for Shadow of War and Battlefront 2.

and with XV, it seems it's still a work in progress since the devs have said they want to do more DLC.

I wonder if this "Royal Edition" will include all future DLC?

but the problem with XV's DLC is that most of it seems like content that should have been in the main game to start. Even with future DLC, the devs have said they want to "flesh out" the characters and story some more.

well, that should all have been in the game to begin with.

and sadly, even with all the DLC ( current and future ), I don't think XV story will ever interest me as much as the original story concept for Versus XIII.

which is a shame considering how long I waited for Versus XIII XV. and ironic because Versus XIII was the game that convinced me to buy a PS3 way back in 2009.

guess it shows what developmental hell and change of direction for a project can do to a game.

Just gonna say that I bought the game at launch and didn't regret it.

Just gonna say that I bought the game at launch and didn't regret it.

I bought it two weeks after launch and regret it. Didnt make it past an hour. Definitely should have waited, but Ive learned my lesson when it comes to gaming now

and with XV, it seems it's still a work in progress since the devs have said they want to do more DLC.

I wonder if this "Royal Edition" will include all future DLC?

but the problem with XV's DLC is that most of it seems like content that should have been in the main game to start. Even with future DLC, the devs have said they want to "flesh out" the characters and story some more.

well, that should all have been in the game to begin with.

and sadly, even with all the DLC ( current and future ), I don't think XV story will ever interest me as much as the original story concept for Versus XIII.

which is a shame considering how long I waited for Versus XIII XV. and ironic because Versus XIII was the game that convinced me to buy a PS3 way back in 2009.

guess it shows what developmental hell and change of direction for a project can do to a game.

The DLC definitely sounds like story stuff which is why I have waited.

I haven't followed the game as closely as yourself as I only got back into gaming 2 years ago.

The DLC definitely sounds like story stuff which is why I have waited.

I haven't followed the game as closely as yourself as I only got back into gaming 2 years ago.

yeah, it's definitely had a rocky, troubled, and interesting history.

initially, it was going to be a PS3 exclusive and part of the XIII "collection" of games - hence the cumbersome name Versus XIII.

way back then ( around 2008 or 2009 ), when I saw one of the early trailers, I was so blown away by this PS3 exclusive that it was a major reason why I bought a PS3 in 2009.

Some of the "broader" concepts were the same. The main character being a prince called Noctis. The weapon summoning/teleporting. And I believe the overall setting and kingdom.

But the biggest change, imo, was the change of the main female character of the story. In Versus, she was called Stella and she was from the rival kingdom to Noctis' kingdom. She also had similar powers to Noctis ( could summon weapons ).

Based on the early trailers, it seemed there would be some kind of romance between the two, but also a rivalry where they would do battle ( the trailer ended with them facing off on an empty city street, each summoning their swords and charging at each other ). I assume that's where the "Versus" in the title came from.

So, to me, that was the most interesting concept, as the Noctis/Stella relationship gave off a "Romeo and Juliet" vibe.

Sadly, though, that never came to pass. Stella was eventually retooled and redesigned to be Luna, who took a much more passive role in the story.

I bought it two weeks after launch and regret it. Didnt make it past an hour. Definitely should have waited, but Ive learned my lesson when it comes to gaming now

But in your case, waiting wouldn't have changed anything, would it? If you didn't make it past the initial hour, that's not something any DLC or updated story content could have fixed, since those would only matter in the later parts of the story, not the first hour. So whether it was the premise of the game or the gameplay, you still wouldn't have liked it.

But in your case, waiting wouldn't have changed anything, would it? If you didn't make it past the initial hour, that's not something any DLC or updated story content could have fixed, since those would only matter in the later parts of the story, not the first hour. So whether it was the premise of the game or the gameplay, you still wouldn't have liked it.

Not liking it, isnt what prevented me from going far. Ive just been too busy with other stuff and never got back to it

Ooooh, ok. Yeah, I have a bunch of games I regret buying, because I still haven't finished them.

PlayStation 4, Xbox One
[FONT=&quot]Final Fantasy XV January 21 update to add Aranea training partner, more[/FONT]
Published 17 hours ago. 52 comments.

Train with Aranea at camp.

FFXV-Update_01-16-18.jpg

Square Enix will release a free update for Final Fantasy XV on January 21 that implements Aranea as a training partner and a standby option at camp, as well as a few other changes, the company announced.

Here is the full list of changes:

• Conclusion of the Assassin’s Festival.
  • Inclusion of a new training partner (Aranea Highwind) at camp.
  • Implementation of a standby option at camp.
  • Addition of new items at Alessio’s trading post in Altissia.
  • Introduction of new drills to the tutorial.
  • Various bug fixes.
(Updated saves will not work on former versions of the game.)
If you missed it earlier this morning, Square Enix announced Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, which will include all of the downloadable content released for the base game, as well as a number of new features.

It will launch alongside Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition, which will include the same content, on March 6.

Final Fantasy XV is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

I was going to wait but the base game from Amazon was only $27 and with the season pass ($25) the total is only $52 for everything. Which is cheaper than a "complete" edition will be on release day.

I'll probably wind up getting the Windows version for next to nothing a few months after release of the Royal Edition.

Last edited:
I was going to wait but the base game from Amazon was only $27 and with the season pass ($25) the total is only $52 for everything. Which is cheaper than a "complete" edition will be on release day.

but now with the Royal Edition content, you'd have to pay another $20, bringing your total to $72.

PlayStation 4, Xbox One
[FONT=&quot]Final Fantasy XV version 1.21 update now available[/FONT]
Published 20 hours ago. 34 comments.

Aranea training partner, time skips, and more.

FFXV-Update_02-01-18.jpg

Square Enix has released the version 1.21 update for Final Fantasy XV, which adds Aranea as a training partner at Camp, implements skip-to-morning and skip-to-night options at camp, and more.
Here are the patch notes:

• Conclusion of the Assassin’s Festival
  • Inclusion of Aranea as a training partner at camp
  • Implementation of a standby option at camp to advance the time of day (“Wait until morning” or “Wait until nightfall”)
  • Addition of new items at Alessio’s trading post in Altissia
    • Silver Ore: 2 Oracle Ascension Coins
    • Gold Ore: 2 Oracle Ascension Coins
    • Prismatic Shard: 2 Oracle Ascension Coins
    • Prismatic Ore: 3 Oracle Ascension Coins
    • Mystic Circlet: 60 Oracle Ascension Coins
    • Purified Salt: 60 Oracle Ascension Coins
  • Introduction of new drills to the tutorial: Practice Tutorial
  • Fixed the hairstyle for the Episode Ignis crossover outfit
\

• “Arts” category for Gladiolus, Ignis, and Prompto (applies to Character Swap)
  • Various bug fixes
Final Fantasy XV is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition for PC will launch on March 6, which will include all of the downloadable content released for the base game, as well as a number of new features.

Thanks, r/FFXV and @RedMakuzawa.
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
[FONT=&quot]Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades version 1.2.0 update first look trailer[/FONT]
Published 16 hours ago. 46 comments.

Due out on March 6.

FFXV-Comrades-Update_02-18-18.jpg

Square Enix has released a “First Look” trailer introducing the content of the March 6-due version 1.2.0 update for the Final Fantasy XV “Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades” downloadable content.

“Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades” is available now as a paid add-on for Final Fantasy XV for $19.99. It will also be included with the upcoming Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition for PC, which will launch on March 6.

Final Fantasy XV is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Watch the trailer below.

[YT]pBeDeWcI7jQ[/YT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

PC
[FONT=&quot]Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition demo launches February 26[/FONT]
Published 2 days ago. 20 comments.
Steam purchases include Gordon Freeman costume.

FFXV-PC-Demo_02-22-18.jpg

A demo for Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition will launch on February 26, publisher Square Enix announced.

Exclusive in-game items and bonuses have also been revealed for users who pre-purchase Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition. Here are the details:
Steam

• From now until May 1, players who purchase or pre-purchase the game from Steam will receive the Half-Life Pack, which features:
    • In-game costume for Noctis based on Gordon Freeman, star of the legendary Half-Life first-person video game series including the HEV Suit, Scientist Glasses and Crowbar

• The Half-Life Pack will also available for Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades

• Players who pre-order the game from STEAM will receive the bonus Final Fantasy XV Fashion Collection” containing a selection of T-shirts for Noctis to wear, including:
    • The strength-enhancing Episode Gladiolus Tee
    • The HP recovery rate-increasing Episode Prompto Tee
    • The critical hit rate-increasing Episode Ignis Tee
    • The maximum HP-increasing Comrades Tee
Origin*

• Players who pre-order the game from Origin will receive the bonus “Final Fantasy XV Decal Selection,” containing an array of colorful decals for the Regalia car celebrating Gladiolus, Prompto and Ignis, along with the men and women of the Kingsglaive.
*Details regarding the early purchase bonuses for Origin will be announced at a later time.
Microsoft Store

• The save data from the Windows 10 version of Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition is compatible with the Xbox One version of Final Fantasy XV. In addition, a post-launch update for Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition will enable Windows 10 and Xbox One cross play for Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades.
  • Players who pre-order the game from the Microsoft Store will receive the bonus “Final Fantasy XV Powerup Pack,” containing Dodanuki, a sleek sword created by a legendary bladesmith that reduces enemy defense with each slash. The pack also includes 10 phoenix downs and 10 elixirs.
Final Fantasy XV is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition for PC will launch on March 6, which will include all of the downloadable content released for the base game, as well as a number of new features.

Watch a trailer for the Half-Life costume below.

[YT]-pM5CknLC1M[/YT]

View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.

visit gallery »

also with

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
[FONT=&quot]Final Fantasy XV has four new Episode DLCs planned into 2019[/FONT]
Published 23 hours ago. 147 comments.
Even more Final Fantasy XV content on the way.

FFXV-DLCs-Tabata_02-22-18.jpg

Last year, Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata said during an “Active Time Report” live stream that three additional “Episode” downloadable contents were planned for the game in 2018.

Speaking during a newly published interviews with Japanese media, Tabata confirmed that the plan has changed to four “Episodes” and that they may not all launch in 2018.

Here are all the notable tidbits:
From 4Gamer.net‘s Interview

• Based on the user survey put out, the average satisfaction rate of the scenario as a whole was 62.4 percent, so Tabata thought it was necessary to ensure a suitable development period for the upcoming downloadable content without being concerned about releasing them in 2018. For that reason, the content will likely spill into 2019.
  • The downloadable content planned from this point on is being made with the mindset of completing the “Final Fantasy XV Universe” (the general term for the main game and its related works). For that reason, they are laying the content out as an “additional series” rather than “additional content.”
From Famitsu‘s Interview

• Tabata does not think users want them to fill in the gaps of the main story anymore, and since Final Fantasy XV cannot be completed even on the creative side, new developments different from the current Episode add-ons are being considered.
  • The first new Episode add-on will be “Episode Ardyn,” which was the one most requested in the user survey. After that, there may even be an “Episode Luna,” as Tabata mentioned during the “Active Time Report” official news broadcast.
  • Including “Episode Ardyn,” four new “Episodes” are being produced into 2019.
  • Regarding original elements in Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition, Tabata could not say anything at the moment, but there are mods and multiplayer quests may be improved. However, there are no differences in the story.
  • Total worldwide sales for Final Fantasy XV have topped seven million.
Regarding Mods in Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition

• Square Enix will release an official mod creation tool after the release of Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition.
  • Tabata said that rather than just play the game how developers assume users will play, it is better to have users play the game on a broader basis. He thinks the ways that users overcome what the developers conceived is interesting.
  • Mods will even support surreal ways of playing, like changing all of the character models to Kenny Crow.
  • Model data is being prepared on the user side, which will allow players to freely change models.
  • There are plans in place to later on be able to create maps, quests, and scenarios with the tool.

Thanks, Games Talk.

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi