The Official Ben 10 Franchise Thread

Start as a kid.

There is still interest in it, yes. But due to the shake up over at the company it's probably taking a bit longer than thought. Plus, right now I think it's just finding the right script - and perhaps the right writer for said script - one that can work for both the fans and the masses. The problem here is usually the cartoon company and film company both have different visions and it's uniting those which isn't a really easy thing to do unless you know the middle grounds.

That said, I do have the right connections to take my stab at the script and I have peaked interest for another cartoon property before that would have been acquired if the timing was right.

I have my eye set on not just one Ben 10 film, but a whole series of films. I already have the outline for how three (and possibly more) movies would work and I'm writing the first with that in mind.

This Ben Tennyson is a little more edgy, a bit more young James Tiberius Kirk in the new Star Trek films. And the mythology is treated just as seriously (yet still has that playful tone). The one and only major change is Max Tennyson who I believe can draw in the older crowd, but that said he's also visualized somewhat differently in the live action films as well. As for the aliens, I'm really diving into what their real world counterparts can be to make them seem grounded. You will see all the aliens throughout all the films and fans of each season, I'm certain will have things they love come to life. As for casting, I really think the best actor out there for this is Dakota Goyo just from the way he carries himself he just naturally seems a lot like Ben. I also have my eye on a specific actor to play Max, which if this whole thing works out - which is very possible due to my past history - my vision of tone and real world groundedness with high octane action will immediately come across.

That's interesting to know, i think that some things, like Max being a former Plumber wouldn't work very well. Are you planning to make the trilogy based mostly on the first show, or will it take from all the shows?
Seems like the best way would probably be to make the first film stand-alone, Ben gets the Omnitrix, Vilgax comes to earth, and Ben is able to take it off. Then make the next based on Alien Force.

If you want to make it a series of films, i wonder how you'll be able to handle Gwen's magic powers and how Kevin will be introduced.

Who's your favorite Ben 10 franchise character? Mines Charmcaster, she's cute and a total badass.

Her original series design:
Rick_Morales_Charmcaster.png

Her AF/UA design:
Charmcaster_Render.png

Her Omniverse design:
Charmcaster_Omniverse_Full.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"