The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 2

I may do something drastic and try out Apple for the first time whenever I upgrade next

I just discovered transparent TVs yesterday. So I hope Samsung jumps on that for their cellphone! Transparent cellphone would actually be so cool and you can take them anywhere unlike Transparent tvs.

We need more phone manufacturers in the US. HTC, LG, BlackBerry, Nokia, Sony, Microsoft (haha), and Huawei need to step up their game for phones. It's either iPhone, Galaxy, or Pixel here in the States with Motorola pushing midrange phones for premium prices (excluding the Moto Razr since those are the cheapest flips you can get). TCL and Nokia have some phones in the lower-end market, but I'm talking about high-end competitors. I would even welcome back Jeff Bezos releasing an Echo Phone on us to give more options to consumers. I also miss when phones had different materials besides plastic or glass. Metal and carbon fiber phones need love, too. I need an engineer who can give us a metal phone with wireless charging. I know that has to exist out there.

i would seriously consider a blackberry again if they came back. and a tactile keyboard? :hrt:

We need more phone manufacturers in the US. HTC, LG, BlackBerry, Nokia, Sony, Microsoft (haha), and Huawei need to step up their game for phones. It's either iPhone, Galaxy, or Pixel here in the States with Motorola pushing midrange phones for premium prices (excluding the Moto Razr since those are the cheapest flips you can get). TCL and Nokia have some phones in the lower-end market, but I'm talking about high-end competitors. I would even welcome back Jeff Bezos releasing an Echo Phone on us to give more options to consumers. I also miss when phones had different materials besides plastic or glass. Metal and carbon fiber phones need love, too. I need an engineer who can give us a metal phone with wireless charging. I know that has to exist out there.
An addendum: I think HTC should partner with Verizon and revive the Droid brand. Maybe they can get Disney to let them license it with a Disney+ deal.

So your grandparents can use the newer iPhone.

Someone designed a concept for a Windows 12 Mobile. I love the dock is pretty much the Windows Taskbar.

Crazy that I want LG to make a new flagship running webOS.

Apple needs to streamline the iPhone line. iPhone SE is the budget friendly model, iPhone standard is what it is, iPhone Pro should be the biggest model. In other words, ditch the Mini, Plus, and Max.

Smartphone manufacturers, please stop putting giant bulbous cameras on your phones. They rarely look good and make the phone top heavy.

They had Symbian and MeeGo at the time. I see why they chose Windows Phone because Microsoft is a huge company, but honestly I would have invested more into MeeGo.

d8a.gif

I guess if Nokia can do it...

I'm really starting to miss the days where phones just had one camera and at most a time of flight sensor and infrared camera for focusing.

i have never even heard of that lol
It's been one of those closed beta Kickstarter apps. The guys from Pebble Smartwatches created it using Matrix an open source messaging platform as the backend.

It worked, but since Apple went after them for iMessage it's mainly for Android now. You can still use it for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Discord if you have an iPhone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"