The Official Civil War Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asteroid-Man

Avenger
Reaction score
I bought and read #2 yesterday and I loved the end! I can't wait for number 3. When does it come out? Do we have a cover for 3-7? Its a 7 part story right? Argh! I am buying the first one probably monday. I wan the whole series. Read ech once without braking the crease, keep it in a bag in mint condition and sell it later. Anyways, for now please answer my above questions and talk about what we have so far.

#3 comes out either next week, or the week after that, I think

we've seen SOME other covers for it

yes, it's a seven part story

I wouldn't plan on these being worth alot of money, unless you get some of the varients. This series is selling EXTREMELY well - which consequently means there will never be a shortage of copies of it and I can't imagine it will be worth very much anytime soon

An official thread for the civil war is great. I am personally wondering what is gonna happen with Speedball, and the Wolverine series. I also can't wait to see the X-men mini-series and the reactions and choices they make.

What is really going to be interesting is the ending

how can this work in the end for both parties....

If the superheroes are lucky and get the act removed then in the future stories superheroes will be regarded as monsters and dictators of the earth, regarded in fear forever.

If they lose then the government will limit superhero powers and the marvel universe will change forever. The American government taking down both people with powers and mutants?

Either way this story ends it's going to be exciting. But I'm siding with Iron man and the American government on this. Even the godly need to know law.

Dont we have two other official civil war threads? Not that I really care.....well i do.....but I dont at the same time.

I guess lol. We have so many civil war threads its hard to track down. I think it was title Civil War:Whose side are you on or something.

What is really interesting me is how many Homers are swallowing this load of Civil war Bull , hook line and sinker.

I bought Civil war 1, 2 and frontline 1,2 and i wont be funding this sleeze fest anymore.

I guess I will read T-bolts though, as i find that arc in civil war kinda cool.

Civil war is probably the worst event in comics history thus far IMO. It is ruining comics for me.

Yeah, I'm one of the thread nazis that would've pointed it out but I was out and I'm too tired to care.

THANOSRULES said:
What is really interesting me is how many Homers are swallowing this load of Civil war Bull , hook line and sinker.

I bought Civil war 1, 2 and frontline 1,2 and i wont be funding this sleeze fest anymore.

Civil war is probably the worst event in comics history thus far IMO. It is ruining comics for me.

Good for you.:up: :up:

THANOSRULES said:

Go support Annihilation, then, with the money you won't be spending on CW. That is, if you're not supporting it already.:up:

I like how he never told us why he didnt like it, yet bought at least 5 issues of the Civil War comics already.

Hey, look at the bright side! He called us Homers!!!:D:up::D Won't you sleep better tonight after that?

Tropico..actually I am buying Annhilation and love it.

i was going to mention that in my original post but somehow forgot.

For me, Annhilation is bold yet innovative..merging the worlds of science fiction and comics with passion.

As for my reasons not liking civil war... Could be a whole college essay there. Needless to say if youve read dread's opinions of CW its in the same ball park as me.

I love marvel and will always consider it top in my "want" to buy department. But the vibrance seems gone. The magic seems gone.

But Dread still likes Civil War and buys it. :confused:

Yes, thank you, we know. It even has it's own thread, LOL.:D

#1 and 2 have been fantastic with #2 upping the ante big time.I'm glad this series has hit the ground running without sacrificing any quality.

I just hope that in #3,that comes out this week,the fighting doesn't start right away.It would be extremely out of character for ppl like Iron Man and Ms Marvel to automatically strike Cap upon first sight.

Thinking of good tie-ins to get?Get ASM,FF,and NA.

THANOSRULES said:
Tropico..actually I am buying Annhilation and love it.

i was going to mention that in my original post but somehow forgot.

For me, Annhilation is bold yet innovative..merging the worlds of science fiction and comics with passion.

As for my reasons not liking civil war... Could be a whole college essay there. Needless to say if youve read dread's opinions of CW its in the same ball park as me.

I love marvel and will always consider it top in my "want" to buy department. But the vibrance seems gone. The magic seems gone.

Yeah! Annihilation respect, baby!!!! Gotta stand up for Marvel sci-fi so they won't take it away after this is over.:(

Tropico said:
Yeah! Annihilation respect, baby!!!! Gotta stand up for Marvel sci-fi so they won't take it away after this is over.:(

Theyre not.

...I assume he is buying it..but his criticisms are dead on..

and for me, If i dont like somthing ..I DONT BUY IT..marvel isnt some charity i need to donate money too..Its the 1 power I have over what happens in comics..and it has a lot more actual weight than ranting on the internet. (which is however, very asthetic) I also do this after giving a book a legit shot. Like Isaid , Ive bought most of Civil war thus far..the spiderman and Thunderbolts stuff is being well handled and interesting, but overralll I dread the long term ramifications and dont like the rife politicol implications. Its too overt, Its too "in your face".

I am reading the books still, as i work at BORDERS bookstore , But as for what i am buying its pretty much annhilation, DC stuff , and old Robert howard Books...

IMO, civil war is one of the best things i've read since i started in 2004.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"