The Official Civil War Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, a lot of people seemed to like MC. I really didn't. I think I have X-Men burnout.

I liked it up until Bishop was suddenly shooting friends and allies in order to kill a baby.

I've never gotten into a lot of the x-characters introduced since the late 80s. Gambit, X-Man, Cable, Bishop. I dunno. I want an origin. Not: I woke up today and started sweating lead capsules. I want mangled science leading to the world's worst life. Except now you can fly.

I don't mind the universal lack of origin so much as the overly complicated backstories. Cable's a great example of that. He's a soldier from the future--oh wait, he's really Cyclops' son, sent into the future to cure his techno-organic virus--oh, but then he was raised by Cyclops' daughter from another reality, who'd taken control of this clan of freedom fighters--but forget all that, he's the prophesied destroyer of Apocalypse, only Apocalypse keeps coming back and he's not even the guy who destroys him sometimes--oh, and then there's X-Man, who's kind of an alternate Cable from the Age of Apocalypse reality, but kind of not! Bleh, it's just too much. I could overlook it when he developed his god complex and became a really interesting character, but now that he's back to just time-hopping and being the mutant Punisher, it's annoying me again.

I found Cable's messiah complex his most annoying trait, but maybe that's because Nicieza wouldn't shut the **** up about it.

EDIT - Fixed.

Civil War could have been so much more with a several year build up.

Instead it came off as: Boom! OMG LET'S ALL FREAK OUT AND TURN ON EACH OTHER!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"