The Official Director's Cut Thread

JMAfan said:
is anyone kind of afraid to see a DC....i'm afraid i'm going to be totally ticked off at what we could have had that was better....
...no.

JMAfan said:
is anyone kind of afraid to see a DC....i'm afraid i'm going to be totally ticked off at what we could have had that was better....

I can't wait, so everyone can see what A good movie it was. So the'll stop blaming Story, and Frost. So da answer is no.

The Thing 2005 said:
I can't wait, so everyone can see what A good movie it was. So the'll stop blaming Story, and Frost. So da answer is no.

boom badbadabada bdadadada

brakakakakakakaka

didn't someone say that there were scenes with Reed and Sue, she raised his sleeve and saw bruises on his arms. Showing that his powers had side effects?

I wish this is put back in.

That would be an interesting scene to see, it was in the shooting script, dunno if it was ever filmed.

it would add a little realism to it. Not all super powers are all wonderful...yeah side effects. Bruising would seem logical. Wonder if Susie would have any. Or Johnny. Ben's obvious...

Buslady said:
it would add a little realism to it. Not all super powers are all wonderful...yeah side effects. Bruising would seem logical. Wonder if Susie would have any. Or Johnny. Ben's obvious...

Sue has nosebleeds...Johnny's is pretty much his fear of burning someone...

Johnny's side affect was that if he reached supernova he would kill himself and everyone else on the planet

I won't even buy this film until I see the Director's Cut!

Mabey this has been posted before, but even if so, worth another visit.

Fantastic Four Director's Cut DVD

Can we expect a director's cut Fantastic Four DVD with deleted scenes and more special effects?

Director Tim Story believes more fans will enjoy never-before-seen footage from the smash hit 105 minute Fantastic Four coming to DVD in a few months. The director also lets us all in on what special goodies he plans to include on the upcoming DVD.

"I feel like now people have seen the kind of fast- paced ‘get in and out’ version,” Story said. “We’re talking [about] only a handful of scenes that I might put back into the movie just to allow the movie to breathe a little bit."

Many directors take issue with the term “director’s cut,” insisting that adding more does not necessarily make the film better. But Story is okay with creating additional versions with films under the right conditions.

"I don’t mind that, as long as I have the say so of what [is put back in]," he said.

"There are a couple of things with special effects in them that we actually finished up and then [will] put into the movie, so it’ll be interesting to see how people respond to it," he said.

To complement or offer an alternative to the extended cut, Story also has plans for the standard array of DVD extras for Fantastic Four.

"There are going to be a lot of deleted scenes and commentaries, and we’re going to have a lot of special effects features," he said.

The Thing 2005 said:
Mabey this has been posted before, but even if so, worth another visit.

Fantastic Four Director's Cut DVD

Can we expect a director's cut Fantastic Four DVD with deleted scenes and more special effects?

Director Tim Story believes more fans will enjoy never-before-seen footage from the smash hit 105 minute Fantastic Four coming to DVD in a few months. The director also lets us all in on what special goodies he plans to include on the upcoming DVD.

"I feel like now people have seen the kind of fast- paced ‘get in and out’ version,” Story said. “We’re talking [about] only a handful of scenes that I might put back into the movie just to allow the movie to breathe a little bit."

Many directors take issue with the term “director’s cut,” insisting that adding more does not necessarily make the film better. But Story is okay with creating additional versions with films under the right conditions.

"I don’t mind that, as long as I have the say so of what [is put back in]," he said.

"There are a couple of things with special effects in them that we actually finished up and then [will] put into the movie, so it’ll be interesting to see how people respond to it," he said.

To complement or offer an alternative to the extended cut, Story also has plans for the standard array of DVD extras for Fantastic Four.

"There are going to be a lot of deleted scenes and commentaries, and we’re going to have a lot of special effects features," he said.

The only thing that bothers me about this article....is this.......

We need a director that will take control of his project.....I don't care that Fox took control of the first movie.....if....and this is a big "if" for me.......IF Story is not man enough to take control of his project this time around.....HE is to blame......the fact that he wants to take control of the DC....is not good enough for me....my opinion only...but thats how I feel....

JMAfan said:
We need a director that will take control of his project.....I don't care that Fox took control of the first movie.....if....and this is a big "if" for me.......IF Story is not man enough to take control of his project this time around.....HE is to blame......the fact that he wants to take control of the DC....is not good enough for me....my opinion only...but thats how I feel....

I agree. Should be no excusses this time around. Remember, when he came aboard for the 1st movie, he was unknown. He was brought on for his charactor development skills. Being the film did so well, that will give him a stronger foothold on the sequel. He had no problem stating when the film would start, and that Doom would be back. He has a lot of energy, and a lot of fire. And I truly think we'll see his hand in the sequel. If we don't, then the blame belongs on his shoulders. I give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. He has to come thru on the sequel. The fans expect it. The fans deserve it. He knows what needs to be done, and It's his responsibility to see it gets done HIS way. Not Avi's way, not Stan's way, not Fox's way, but HIS way. We'll see if he can deliver. If he has the you know whats to get it done.

I just hope the DC has the UK special feutres.

Ullar said:
I just hope the DC has the UK special feutres.

DC should have all the same features for every region. DC is where you get pretty much every thing. Extended version, all deleated scenes that were not put back in. It's not little here, little there, like this 1st DVD was. Everything was there, just different regions got different scenes. Americia got the least. :mad:

JMAfan said:
The only thing that bothers me about this article....is this.......

True. If Story doesn't have say so then it can hardly be marketed as a DC. Fox should give Story full control over the DC.

DeFett said:
True. If Story doesn't have say so then it can hardly be marketed as a DC. Fox should give Story full control over the DC.

i don't really care at this point about the DC......i care more about the F4 2 movie........DC or no DC.....Story did not take enough control over the first movie in my opinion......i want to see him control what goes in and out of the sequel.....

UPDATE!
Things have been quite on the dvd but finally some news.
Marv Wolfman and Len Wein have recorded interviews for the upcoming dvd!:up: I think this is great because i have a few of their issues (bought on ebay a couple years back for a great price;) ).

wolfmanwein6ap.gif

From Marv Wolfman's Official Site:

FEB 17, 2006

I just received the brand-new BEAST MACHINES DVD that contains the entire series. Why did I get it? Well, first of all, I wrote a number of the episodes, and though most fans didn't know it, I also created the basic concepts for the show, including the two-year bible which was then developed and story-edited by Bob Skir and Marty Isenberg. But perhaps even more importantly, I am on the DVD, interviewed about the creation of the series as well as doing a running commentary on one of the episodes I wrote. If you're interested in buying the Beast Wars DVD, why don't you click on one of the Amazon.com ads on this page and then navigate to it. If you go to Amazon through this website I actually get a penny or two.

This isn't the first DVD I've been on, and there are a few more coming out in the next year including the Fantastic Four special edition DVD where Len Wein and I talked about our runs on the book, and the upcoming 14-disc Superman collection where I, and many other comics folk, talk - on camera - about all things Superman. That DVD collection sounds absolutely astounding. You won't want to miss it.

My presence on the DVDs may be reason to avoid them, but you can always ignore my stuff (God knows I do; I can't stand to see or hear me talk) and then watch and listen to everything else. You have to figure if they've recorded me, then they've had to find some really good stuff to make up for it.
Source: http://www.marvwolfman.com/todaysviews.html
Image courtesy of http://www.ffplaza.com/commcenter/transcripts/WolfmanWein.shtml

Yeah. I think this means we'll get some type documentary/featurette on the FF comics. Looking forward to that.:)

This statement is proof enough that Story doesn't know what to do with the name "director" that they write in the back of those charming chairs.

"I might put back", translating: "Well, I dunno...maybe I put it back, maybe not." He simply doesn't know how the movie should be.

"To breathe a little". What a joke: after such poisonous scenes like Doom calling the Thing "Ben", and the scientific discussions between Doom and Reed, Story says "to breathe"?

That leads me to think where the hell is Hollywood getting his "professionals" nowadays? What a disgrace. He is worse than a freshman.

Mr Sensitive said:

This statement is proof enough that Story doesn't know what to do with the name "director" that they write in the back of those charming chairs.

"I might put back", translating: "Well, I dunno...maybe I put it back, maybe not." He simply doesn't know how the movie should be.

"To breathe a little". What a joke: after such poisonous scenes like Doom calling the Thing "Ben", and the scientific discussions between Doom and Reed, Story says "to breathe"?

That leads me to think where the hell is Hollywood getting his "professionals" nowadays? What a disgrace. He is worse than a freshman.

HEY....I teach freshmen.....be nice.....:mad: ;)

Retroman said:
Yeah. I think this means we'll get some type documentary/featurette on the FF comics. Looking forward to that.:)

That would be cool as an extra.....My true hope is that the sequel is a movie that doesn't need a director's cut....:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"