Any info on the plausibility of a director's cut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknightnomis
Well if you were someone with a problem of Avid Arad direction for Marvel Studios....you need not worry anymore.....

ARAD RESIGNS AS CHAIRMAN/CEO OF MARVEL STUDIOS, WILL STAY ON TO PRODUCE

I posted this over in the xforum but thought I would give the ff fans a heads up.

A lot of people have been critical of Avi Arad for not delivering the perfect film for these movies but he really deserves most of the credit for taking marvel films to the level of success they are at right now.

A lot of people are unaware of the tremendous passion and drive and vision and commitment that was necessary to make marvel films viable properties. And it is so easy to criticize every single little detail of the massive undertaking that a comic book movie is. In these forums I watch a lot of people nitpicking the films to death and I understand now why Singer told Ratner to ignore a lot of the negative stuff as it can paralyze creativity.

So the people that are gloating because Avi will not be the face of Marvel Movie Studios anymore, well I guess you can do a dance and jig right now.

What I will say is, Thanks Avi, thanks for legitimizing the marvel comic book movie. Thanks for giving your all at a time when Marvel was down.

Hopefully those (the suits) that are eager to take over now that Marvel is entering a new era will do a good job. I doubt however that any of them know and loved these characters as you did.

So be good to yourself Avi Arad, you did good by this fan man.

I agree 100 %. I remember the early 90's, when Marvel was for all intents and purposes down the toilet. Selling off their charactors. Avi did a wounderfull job. His shrudest move was paying Corman for the rights to the 94 FF movie. He brought Marvel back, with his insight, and wisdom. Stan " The Man" put Marvel on the map along with Jack " King" Kirby. FF bought Marvel back. And Avi brought it back again. One of the reasons I defend Marvel, 1st, last, and always, and refuse to let anyone tear it, or Avi down. Wounderfull job. At least he's not leaving totatly. His wisdom and insight as producer, will carry on. So to those who don't like Avi, or who can't, won't, or refuse to respect, the good he's done for Marvel, I say you can all kiss my ***. Stan "The Man", Jack "king" Kirby, Avi, and the FF rule forever.

zer00 said:
Yeah it was filmed. About 30 or so minutes of deleted scene were put online for the R2 DVD. I still got them on my HD

ANyone know where these deleted scenes can be viewed? Or can anyone upload then to YouTube.com or something?

With FF2 starting to really move forward, I'm really hoping we get some news soon on a DC- Story's been mentioning it since the first week of its theatrical release, and I don't see FOX skipping the opportunity for a double-dip.

The 2 (well, 3 but the third will never happen) DC's I really want are 1) Punisher, 2) Fantastic 4, and 3) a true extended version of X-Men

Hopefully we'll get an alternate/extended X3 as well.

Drago said:
With FF2 starting to really move forward, I'm really hoping we get some news soon on a DC- Story's been mentioning it since the first week of its theatrical release, and I don't see FOX skipping the opportunity for a double-dip.

The 2 (well, 3 but the third will never happen) DC's I really want are 1) Punisher, 2) Fantastic 4, and 3) a true extended version of X-Men

Hopefully we'll get an alternate/extended X3 as well.

I don't see a director's cut coming out until either Christmas 2006 or Spring 2007.....more probably Spring 2007

JMAfan said:
I don't see a director's cut coming out until either Christmas 2006 or Spring 2007.....more probably Spring 2007

You think that late? I was thinking they'd try to get some of the Christmas market.

I'm also thinking we should be getting at least a teaser trailer by/before December, so I'd think they'd try to co-ordinate: Director's cut - Teaser - full on FF2 marketing.

Maybe even include the teaser trailer on the director's cut. That would be cool.

Willie Lumpkin said:
You think that late? I was thinking they'd try to get some of the Christmas market.

I'm also thinking we should be getting at least a teaser trailer by/before December, so I'd think they'd try to co-ordinate: Director's cut - Teaser - full on FF2 marketing.

Maybe even include the teaser trailer on the director's cut. That would be cool.

I guess it depends on when they want to use it....as a Christmas thang....or as part of the spring fling before the sequel...

JMAfan said:
I guess it depends on when they want to use it....as a Christmas thang....or as part of the spring fling before the sequel...

If it was me, I think I'd want to get it out in the fall. Give it its own spot. Close enough to the sequel that people will start thinking about it. . . but not so close that it will be competing with the sequel for attention (Imagine Comics-2-film runs an article on the DC in March and then has a story about the sequel for scheduled for April . . . mightn't they say: "That's too much FF, we can put a Spidey 3 spot in April instead."?)

. . . but there are probably accountants somewhere who have this all figured out.

Willie Lumpkin said:
but there are probably accountants somewhere who have this all figured out.

Take my word for it, it's done, compleated, ready to be mass produced. They know exactually when the correct time to do it is. My best guess would be Christmas 06. A year to the day, after they released it on DVD. Oh and X-Men getting ready to break the 400 million barrier.

Willie Lumpkin said:

I say either next Spring or Summer it will be released, to coincide with the sequel. Christmas may sound like a good idea, but when people are shopping for gifts for others, and they see a cheap F4 next to a pricier, newer version, the regular will win out. And keep in mind that's only for people who haven't gotten the film already (those who want it already have it).

I think the only ones who will pick this up will be the fans, and the best way to capitalize on that is to coincide with growing hype (late spring/early summer) for the sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WolverineHunt01
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"