The official Dream director thread.

protocida

Avenger
Reaction score
Every fanboy knows exactly what he wants to see in a movie about his favorite characters. He picks actors, actress, writters, FX companies, and, obviously, directors.

Here, you can choose the directors you would want to see in the movies of the characters you like, and explain why. I'll start:

The Flash: Jon Favreau.
Iron Man had the right balance between action, comedy and character development. That's exactly what the Flash needs: A fun movie, with lots of action, good amounts of humor and a good character arc, that can give him dept and make him likeable to the audience. Iron Man had that, and it was all because of Jon Favreau's talent. With him on board, The Flash could be as big a hit as Iron Man was. And, if Favreau repeats the sucess, he can even find the definitive Flash, much like no one would be able to top Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark right know. He has my vote.

Green Lantern: J.J. Abrams.
As IESB said, Green Lantern Has the potential to be better than Iron Man or The Dark Knight because he have the best of both worlds. His story is as strong and TKD's, but his character is as fun as IM's. J.J. Abrams is the right man for the job. He can do action, adventury, comedy, romance, drama, horror, sci-fi and much more. Star Trek is here to prove it. He get's my vote too.

That's it. Choose the directors you think are right for the movies you want to see. And you don't need to worry about contrats or things like that. Let's imagine that however you choose would accept, doesn't matter the movie :grin:

Discuss! :woot:

Last edited:
Superman: Peter Jackson.
The Lord of the Rings and King Kong are both epic fantasies with plenty of action and humanity, exactly what Superman needs, IMO.

Great idea for a thread. I'll post a few later.

Green Lantern: JJ Abrams

He's a fantastic director, and judging from the trailers for Star Trek, it looks like he can handle a large scale sci-fi world.

Yea great idea for a thread. I cant think of any names at the present moment to add in.

Superman: Steven Spielberg
Perhaps the greatest director of all time. Seems like a pretty good choice to me.

Batman: David Fincher
His dark films like Seven and Fight Club would provide the perfect template for how the Batman should be portrayed in cinema. His dark and gritty tone would probide the perfect environment for a "Batman" movie.

Wonder Woman: Zack Snyder
He's proven he can do epic, and his "300" should give some sort of idea of how to make a "Wonder Woman" movie.

Flash: Jon Favreau
He can make a superhero film hilarious and serious at the same time. See "Iron Man" for proof. Flash should be modeled somewhat off of "Iron Man", so this guy is perfect for the job.

For some reason, when I saw "Cloverfield", I was thinking that it reminded me of how a "Green Lantern" movie should be made. His "Star Trek" looks phenomenal, and hopefully that shows he can do deep space epic movies like Green Lantern.

JLA: Peter Jackson
The dude makes movies that are epic as hell, so why don't they bring on his usual crew that helped with the "Lord Of The Rings" and make a badass "JLA" movie? The dude would do an awesome job.

Martian Manhunter: M. Night Shyamalan
I don't really have a reason as to why M. Night Shyamalan should do a MM movie, but if he just set MM in like the '40's and made it a crime noir drama with a little alien thrown in, this movie would kick ass.

He's a fantastic director, and judging from the trailers for Star Trek, it looks like he can handle a large scale sci-fi world.

His Superman idea was s*** though, so he probably wouldn't be able to handle Green Lantern properly either.

lol i copied the Jon Favreau and JJ Abrams ideas so hope u guys dont mind

Superman: Steven Spielberg
Perhaps the greatest director of all time. Seems like a pretty good choice to me.

His dark films like Seven and Fight Club would provide the perfect template for how the Batman should be portrayed in cinema. His dark and gritty tone would probide the perfect environment for a "Batman" movie.

He's proven he can do epic, and his "300" should give some sort of idea of how to make a "Wonder Woman" movie.

He can make a superhero film hilarious and serious at the same time. See "Iron Man" for proof. Flash should be modeled somewhat off of "Iron Man", so this guy is perfect for the job.

For some reason, when I saw "Cloverfield", I was thinking that it reminded me of how a "Green Lantern" movie should be made. His "Star Trek" looks phenomenal, and hopefully that shows he can do deep space epic movies like Green Lantern.

The dude makes movies that are epic as hell, so why don't they bring on his usual crew that helped with the "Lord Of The Rings" and make a badass "JLA" movie? The dude would do an awesome job.

Martian Manhunter: M. Night Shyamalan
I don't really have a reason as to why M. Night Shyamalan should do a MM movie, but if he just set MM in like the '40's and made it a crime noir drama with a little alien thrown in, this movie would kick ass.

Not sure many would agree with you on Spielberg, and Shyamalan's pretty much just a joke now.

I had a better idea for MM but I forgot it, and Ridley Scott seems better for Supes. I'll edit my post. DAMN! Who did I want for MM?

Nevermind, I remember now. I'll just repost my new choices.

Superman: Ridley Scott
This guy's movies are gold. Bring him in board.

Martian Manhunter: Rian Johnson
Watch Rian Johnson's "Brick". This movie is phenomenal. It would provide the perfect tone for a MM movie. Noir MM movie all the way.

His Superman idea was s*** though, so he probably wouldn't be able to handle Green Lantern properly either.

Bring in a couple of comic geeks to write the script and he would do just fine as a director.

:up:

The Question- David Fincher. FIncher solidified himself with noir-ish detective stories with Zodiac and Se7en. Hes got a lot of grit and dirt in his cinemtography just like Hub City. With plans for Torso and Black Hole (?) he obviously has an interest in the genre. PLus with Fight Club he has done trippy visuals so if they decide to do that "talk to the city" aspect of the character he could do it cool.

Jonah Hex- John Hillcoat. Hillcoat made a big splash with The Proposition, a grutesquely graphic western that had pitch perfect atmosphere for Hex. He also had a high profile movie The Road that had lots of OScar buzz if it hadnt gotten delayed till next year.

Flash- Doug Liman. Liman has done comedy with Go and Swingers which had a certain level of subtlety that the laughs didnt overwhelm the drama. Bourne Identity and Mr and Mrs Smith both mixed action with drama and comedy repestively very well IMO. With Jumper had had to work with special effects including character being one place and ending up in another (which in general could be construed as speed). Jumper wasnt a big hit though that kinda hurt his chances a little.

Green Lantern- Danny Boyle. Boyle has been working on stories like 28 Days later and Sunshine that have epic premises but very confined cinematography. I really want to see him try something with much bigger scope. Also most if not all of his movies deal with fear, a prominent theme of green lantern, as well as conveying a number of other emotions, which through Geoff Johns is becoming a tentpole theme of Green Lantern.

The Creeper- Darren Lynn Bousman or James Wann. DLB and Wann have both captured great tone but need a better script. I think the their biggest problem is trying to take their work seriously sometimes. With the Creeper they can balance the seriousness and comedy thus allowing for themselves to not take the premise too seriously.

Last edited:
Sucide Squad/Secret Six - Joe Carnahan. Carnahan started his career in the indie-COOL pics with a number of Tarantino types. I would think this movie would be along the same lines. With Narc, Joe had obviously matured as a director and captured real tough and gritty but smart thriller. With Smokin' Aces, he juggled a big cast of colorful out-there characters.

Hitman- Shane Black. With almost all of his movies he has proven he understands likeable, good humored badasses with violent tendencies. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was fantastic and I really want to see him helm more projects. This picture would probably be a little one so a studio might not mind risking him.

Legion of Superheroes- J.J. Abrams. JJ really can juggle a large cast really well. That is priority number on with a Legion movie. The look of the space and what-not looks great in Star Trek. He has had experience in a number of genres that could be possible subgenres of Legion: thriller, espionage, blockbuster, sci-fi, and action. His name certainly is a draw nowadays too. I think he is also a good judge of talent unlike a studio who based on past behavior would probably hire the cast of High School Musical just because.

Last edited:
Wonder-Woman: George Miller.
George Miller knows how to make epic movies without losing the focus on the main character's drama and his relationships with the secondary characters. Besides, he's a mitologhy fan and would do great action scenes. He get's my vote.

Wonder-Woman: George Miller.
George Miller knows how to make epic movies without losing the focus on the main character's drama and his relationships with the secondary characters. Besides, he's a mitologhy fan and would do great action scenes. He get's my vote.

Many people did NOT like his choices for the abandoned JLA movie though.

Nevermind, I remember now. I'll just repost my new choices.

excellent choice.

Many people did NOT like his choices for the abandoned JLA movie though.
Everything in Justice League was good, except the cast. And among there, there we're some good choices, like Megan Gale, Common and Adam Brody.

common and adam i thought were good casting gale was great for looks but might have not been well in the role with the little/none acting experience she has.

Common is simple and there are much better choices. Brody is annoying as hell. I really dont like him.

How can everything in JLA be good except for the cast if basically all we know is the cast and a vague description of the story? WETA is probably the best thing JLA had goin.

Superman - Robert Zemeckis

This guy has it all. He can reall capture the tone perfectly if you've seen his past films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"