The Official "Ending Of The Movie" Thread. *Spoilers*

C

CaXee547

How Did You Guys Like The Ending? (Battle Royale, Harry Funeral, Final Moments ie End Credits)

Personally the battle royale had some good parts but i felt dissapointed in the end though.

Harry's sacrifice was very noble and well done probably one of the only good things in the film.

i also felt Venom's death was rushed and kinda radom. idk
and Sandmans redemption thing was "oh, im sorry, but its cool now" but i thought it was kinda when he just "drifted off"

PLUS!!! NO FINAL SWING!!! WTF IS THAT?!?!?! THOSE WERE THE GREAT WAYS TO END THE SPIDEY FILMS BEFORE! dont get me wrong it was good pete and mj made up but wtf? the ending was just...blah. ended on a random note.

I hated the final moment, it should have ended at harrys funeral

A final swinging scene really wouldn't fit in the movie. I actually liked the MJ/Peter slient interaction.

Battle Royal was a HUGE let down... Sandman should've never get THAT big...

But the final swing summed up the movie and the overall greatness of spiderman (well if not that his movies) and when that didnt happen i was really dissapointed. idk its hard to explain....

Pretty disappointed with the ending...first of all, Venom should definitely not have been killed. He didn't have enough screen time in the movie as it was, but Raimi had to add insult to injury. I guess we can forget about having Eddie Brock back in another movie, and Carnage too for that matter.

Then there was the whole thing with Sandman. It just seemed to negate the very reason why Peter became Spider-Man in the first place. Very random: "I forgive you. Farewell, mysterious man of sand...who killed my uncle."

my girl said you could see Brocks skeleton at the end... is that true.. .i must have missed it?

Didn't like anything after Venom being blasted into oblivion.

Yup^^^... no wrapping Brock in a telekinetic cacoon theory for SM4

doesn't Venom team up with Spiderman to defeat Carnage????????????????

i didnt really like the whole "i forgive you.." then sandman drifts away in the sky. seemed kinda gay. and i really didnt like the very ending. mj and peter dancing?..wtf? they should have ended it at the funeral..but it did wrap things up

I thought Sandman's apology wasn't credible, i mean 10 minutes earlier, Sandman was smashing the sh** outt spidey, then all of a sudden, " i'm sorry"

The final scene ended on a somber note, IMO, which was alright. I kind of wanted a final swing, but the ending was alright.

The final battle was great. but what followed ruined the feeling of the movie. I think the reason that people dislike this movie so much is that it finished with a very poor ending. No final swing, no upbeat ending. It ends with mj and peter hugging. The funereal would have been more approriate to end on. They should have had peter talk about choice, redemption, and revenge. Ending it on a better note and then a final swing. that wouldve been appropriate.

the ending with mj and peter just made the ending melancholy and boring.

Harry Funeral would have been a great place to end it. then peter and mj hug after the funeral have a Peter voice over...about redemption, friends, and revenge (whole responsiblity and spiderman jazz) then zoom off to the final swing. a bittersweet epic ending. That woulda made me feel better about the movie. despite its dissapointment.

Well the battle royale was crappy, it was mostly CGI and you really couldn't feel for it, I mean it'slike a computer game.

The "I've been stabbed in both lungs and will continue to talk for five minutes" of Harry was ridiculous.

There was no impact or substance really, it just ended, then people left......quickly

Sandman kind of reminded me of the Marshmellow Man in Ghostbusters.
It reminded me of Ultimate Green Goblin. Because of the bricks he had and UGG has the horns and those spots.

Pretty disappointed with the ending...first of all, Venom should definitely not have been killed. He didn't have enough screen time in the movie as it was, but Raimi had to add insult to injury. I guess we can forget about having Eddie Brock back in another movie, and Carnage too for that matter.

Then there was the whole thing with Sandman. It just seemed to negate the very reason why Peter became Spider-Man in the first place. Very random: "I forgive you. Farewell, mysterious man of sand...who killed my uncle."

i couldn't agree with you any more... sandman's story in this just really sucked.

No final swing worked. I think fanboys don't see the beauty of this scene and how much of a better book-ending to the three movies it is than say another CGI swing-fest. It was cool, but instead of being generic, they went for something subtle, personal and a small quiet way of saying "they've grown up and survived" and a good way to say goodbye to these two if they don't come back.

Battle Royale was alright...I wanted Venom to get more action with Spidey...Not like that if you know what I mean :p

The resolution with Sandman was crap.

I agree with MetalloX. They should had end it at Harry's funernal. Maybe even have Pete do that walk just like at the end of Spidey 1.

The ending was superbly done. I loved the lack of hopefulness at the end. The Battle Royal was superb, I loved the narration over Harry's funeral and the very sombre tone of Pete and MJ dancing.

No final swing was prefect for this film. However if you want the best scene directly BEFORE the credits then Spider-Man 1 holds the honour of being the best: "Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words: with great power comes great responsibility. This is my gift, my curse. Who am I? I'm Spider-Man"....FINAL SWING: Perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"