The Official "Ending Of The Movie" Thread. *Spoilers*

I want you children to grow up....the next one to use the term 'gay' to denote not liking something about the movie gets probation.

The battle itself was cool, but the Sandman thing afterwords was ridiculously stupid. Even if he forgives him for the death of Uncle Ben, I doubt he'd just let him get away from life in prison. That whole Sandman scene after the battle was stupid.

The battle itself was cool, but the Sandman thing afterwords was ridiculously stupid. Even if he forgives him for the death of Uncle Ben, I doubt he'd just let him get away from life in prison. That whole Sandman scene after the battle was stupid.

To be fair though, I don't think Spidey was in the mood for more fighting and I don't think normal Spidey has what it takes to stop Sandman. After all if he would have gone to catch him he still could have just floated off. End.

The battle royale was mostly terrible, IMO.
I really liked Peter and Harry teaming up, but I hated how Venom and Sandman were portrayed. I just hated Venom, in general. Sandman was OK, but should've never gotten THAT big, as well as just drifting off at the end like "Yeah, I'm sorry. Talk to you later, Spidey." It was just a huge letdown, just like the whole movie was.

:csad:

The scenes after that were terrible. Harry's funeral should've been highly emphasized on, and not lasting 20 seconds. Also, the final dancing shyit was stupid. Also, I felt that the final swing was needed, so we could see Peter continue to progress in NYC, as well as give a final sendoff to the potential trilogy. Spider-Man ended depressingly (in more ways that one), and it had the final swing. I see no difference in why this couldn't. Maybe it didn't have to, but with this ending which had no substance whatsoever, it definitely would've helped.

:down

The battle royale was mostly terrible, IMO.
I really liked Peter and Harry teaming up, but I hated how Venom and Sandman were portrayed. I just hated Venom, in general. Sandman was OK, but should've never gotten THAT big, as well as just drifting off at the end like "Yeah, I'm sorry. Talk to you later, Spidey." It was just a huge letdown, just like the whole movie was.

:csad:

The scenes after that were terrible. Harry's funeral should've been highly emphasized on, and not lasting 20 seconds. Also, the final dancing shyit was stupid. Also, I felt that the final swing was needed, so we could see Peter continue to progress in NYC, as well as give a final sendoff to the potential trilogy. Spider-Man ended depressingly (in more ways that one), and it had the final swing. I see no difference in why this couldn't. Maybe it didn't have to, but with this ending which had no substance whatsoever, it definitely would've helped.

:down

pretty much on the ball here, especially the whole super-sandman thing, we should of seen him shaping his hands into weapon and stuff, rather than just being a B movie beast etc.

The ending of SM3 is not very memorable whatsoever, the most memorable scene at the end is peter and mj over harry, almost sillhouetted out against the city and the sun, although ending there would of lacked any form of closure, but it did stick in the mind a little better.

as darth vader say's I NEED MORE it was not enough went by way to fast not enough venom or sandman for me in the forth one it should be VENOM spidy on the island all o lone then get that over then go to casadeeeeeee for carnage... venom should have caused more to make the reason why he hate's spiderman and how more powerful he is then spider-man they need to do that in the forth one ..when they bring back venom in the forth one and at the end of the forth one they should at the end of the moive have brock and cassadeeeee by each other to lead to spider-man 5 thats what i think....

The Battle Royale had some nice moments but I hated the commentary by the reporter and anchorman. It just took me out of the scene at times. Plus, Sandman just blowing away into the wind, WTF? One minute he's bashing the crap out of Spidey and the next he is asking for forgiveness. Why even waste your time fighting Spider-Man and teaming up with Venom if you are so concerned with your daughter's health. Get your sandy @$$ out there and get your hands on some money! And yea, I wanted a triumphant swing through the city to cap it off.

The Peter and Harry team-up was awesome. I really loved that. But I agree with those who say that the movie should have ended with Harry's funeral, and possibly a voice over with some words of wisdom from Peter. I don't mind so much about there being no final swing, though it did seem weird without one.

Again, I just love how Sandman just says he's sorry and drifts off, after he gave Peter a worse ass whoopin' than Venom did, 2 minutes ago. The deleted Sandman scenes would've helped a bit, even if it still would've failed.

It was a bit disappointing. I hated the fact that they killed off Venom so soon (although the fact that he died is debatable) and thought that the way Sandman was portrayed was weak. I'm bummed if this is infact the final movie (atleast with these actors)

My question is this: Why could Sandman fly away? I mean...what the hell? Was it very windy all of a sudden?

Stupid.

I liked the ending. It could've left a more "OFAS" (open for a sequel) ending for venom and a final swing

ending was alright, peter seemed to forgive sandman a little to quick and a final swing would not have been appropiate after harrys death.

It was a bit disappointing. I hated the fact that they killed off Venom so soon (although the fact that he died is debatable) and thought that the way Sandman was portrayed was weak. I'm bummed if this is infact the final movie (atleast with these actors)

I agree with the Sandman part and last sentence of your post.
Well, Eddie Brock is dead (vaporized) for a fact, but we can still consider a piece of symbiote was blown away from the pumpkin bomb, and we still must remember the piece that Dr. Conner's still has in his lab.

I think the ending worked fine from when Harry first throws a bomb into Sandman's neck to the last shot. I think the build up to that (giant Sandman, Harry's butler, the news casting and the way-too-quick team-up) was rushed and the weakest section of the movie. But when Harry shows up it elevates what was quickly becoming disappointing all the way to the amazing. The final fight sequence was well done and so final. Sandman's moment was really good with Peter, as was Harry's death and funeral. And the last scene. It was the most mature and adult scene in the whole trilogy. A nice very subtle way to end it, especially if these actors aren't coming back. A calming of returning to where we began five years ago. A final swing wasn't neccesary and those who don't like the last scene and would prefer a swing need to rewatch this movie again in a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"