The Official Halo thread!

Microsoft Denies "Halo" Movie Talk

By Garth Franklin Tuesday January 14th 2014 08:41AM
A recent post on Production Weekly's Twitter feed led to rampant speculation yesterday that "Alien" and "Prometheus" director Ridley Scott was involved in a film project based on the "Halo" video game series.
The industry site tweeted that Scott was producing a "live-action, feature-length digital" which "Prison Break" creator Paul Scheuring was writing, indicating it was a separate project to the previously announced, Steven Spielberg-produced "Halo" TV series being made for Microsoft's Xbox streaming service.
Unsurprisingly, Microsoft has now shot down the rumor. They tell Eurogamer:
"As always, we have many projects in the works that offer us the opportunity to bring in new audiences to the franchise, as we did in the past with Halo Legends and Halo: Forward Unto Dawn. We plan to continue telling the Halo story through innovative channels, but there are no plans for a Halo motion picture at this time."

Damn it. Microsoft denies Halo movie talk on my birthday. Worst birthday ever.

Kind of sad that this thread is almost a decade old and there is still no development. And where is the live action tv show they announced 2 years ago? Is that still happening?

My guess is that Warcraft and Assassin's Creed will dictate the fate of video game adaptations for the rest of the decade.

By the way, is it just me or are some of the biggest game franchises of the past decade dying down? The hype around Halo has gotten weaker and even die hard fans aren't all that excited, God of War's comeback wasn't considered all that great, Prince of Persia seems pretty dead right now, and World of Warcraft isn't half of what it used to be.

If a film does happen, what should the plot be about? I honestly think they should try to tell the same story, but in a vastly different way, with Master Chief as the main character, though it would be difficult to divide the plot after the first game, i mean, should it have a trilogy? Try 2 trilogies like the game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"