Iron Man 2 The Official IRON MAN 2 Novelization Thread [ MAJOR SPOILERS ]

Now if that is the case it is quite funny.
But unless they explain it like that i don't think the general audience will get it.
I mean a lot of us here weren't sure.

I still think it's just an alteration to keep the ending a surprise.

Figs i think he will have a decent fight in his final armour.

If you know the 'ending' ^^ that is why i think he will have a fight in the film unlike the novel.

We F'n better get an Iron Man vs Vanko/Whiplash fight at the end.

How utterly stupid would the ending be if the main hero isn't the one to take down the main villain?

I'm failing to see why Tony not taking down Whiplash is a bad thing.

As we lead up to Avengers, Tony's take away, his lesson learned in IM2 if you will, is that he can't do it all himself. He gives up the "lone gunslinger" act as Rhodey calls it and joins the team.

If Stark handled everything on his own, what would be the impetus for his change in attitude? I can see if they execute the idea poorly, then yes, it's bad. But as an idea, propels Tony forward as a character. I'll wait for the movie and see how it's executed before I say it's bad.

As we lead up to Avengers, Tony's take away, his lesson learned in IM2 if you will, is that he can't do it all himself. He gives up the "lone gunslinger" act as Rhodey calls it and joins the team.

If Stark handled everything on his own, what would be the impetus for his change in attitude? I can see if they execute the idea poorly, then yes, it's bad. But as an idea, propels Tony forward as a character. I'll wait for the movie and see how it's executed before I say it's bad.

How many other movies have you seen where the sidekick or the supporting actor takes out the main guy?

Did Harry take down Doc Ock in Spider-Man 2? Did Richard White take out Lex Luthor in Superman Returns? Did Watson take out Lord Blackwood in Sherlock Holmes? NO on all of them

Is Beta Ray Bill going to come in and take down Loki or any "big bad" in any Thor movie? Is Bucky or US Agent going to take out the Red Skull or anyother "big Bad" in future Cap films? NO

WM taking out Whiplash is complete Bull S***

How many other movies have you seen where the sidekick or the supporting actor takes out the main guy?

Did Harry take down Doc Ock in Spider-Man 2? Did Richard White take out Lex Luthor in Superman Returns? Did Watson take out Lord Blackwood in Sherlock Holmes? NO on all of them

Is Beta Ray Bill going to come in and take down Loki or any "big bad" in any Thor movie? Is Bucky or US Agent going to take out the Red Skull or anyother "big Bad" in future Cap films? NO

Um... Didn't Luthor take out Zod in Superman 2 and didn't Gordon take out (technically Batman just kept him on the train then got out in time Ra's Al Ghul in Batman Begins?

Um... Didn't Luthor take out Zod in Superman 2 and didn't Gordon take out (technically Batman just kept him on the train then got out in time Ra's Al Ghul in Batman Begins?

Only after Superman tricked him into getting his powers taken away.

And Gordon wasn't fighting Ra's at the end of the movie, hmm let me take a wild guess who the main Villain was fighting at the end, Oh that's right the MAIN HERO, the guy who's name was in the title.

Only after Superman tricked him into getting his powers taken away.

And Gordon wasn't fighting Ra's at the end of the movie, hmm let me take a wild guess who the main Villain was fighting at the end, Oh that's right the MAIN HERO, the guy who's name was in the title.
I never said Gordon fought Ra's I said he killed Ra's. Like War Machine just shows up at kills Whiplash. When Tony was the one who had the verbal showdown with Vanko.

he can't stop the drones and save pepper all by himself he needs war machine's help in taking down the drones. he also knows his arc reactor tech can be copied and there'll be more problems. shield also help him survive the reactor poisoning and point him in the direction of a permenant solution.

he can defeat the baddie finally himself but still have needed help on the way.

I think this is the exact reason why I like the idea of WM taking out whiplash, it's something different.

It's a silly thing to get upset about. It's not like Iron Man's going to be sitting on his hands the whole movie.

Besides, according to the novel synopsis, he defeats Whiplash at the racetrack earlier in the movie, proving his superiority in battle.

we'd like to see a fun power iron man defeat an armoured foe using his abilities. aint seen that yet.

I think this is the exact reason why I like the idea of WM taking out whiplash, it's something different.

Oh sure, how about they just go ahead and make WM join and star in the Avengers and have the third movie all to himself. :whatever:

It's a silly thing to get upset about. It's not like Iron Man's going to be sitting on his hands the whole movie.

Besides, according to the novel synopsis, he defeats Whiplash at the racetrack earlier in the movie, proving his superiority in battle.

Yeah so he beats up a topless Whiplash and beats up on a couple of drones while the sidekick takes out the upgraded and more powerful villain at the end.

I guess it'll be a common theme with Iron Man, does some pretty cool stuff during the movie and at the end completely chokes against the villain.

Can't wait for part three when War Machine defeats Mandarin and the Ten Rings organization.

we'd like to see a fun power iron man defeat an armoured foe using his abilities. aint seen that yet.

Exactly!

Last edited:
while reading the novel i came across.. the CIA calls Tony to do clean up jobs? i always thought he was against working for somebody?

Simply put, this is a IRON MAN movie. So we want to see IRON MAN take out the villain, not his sidekick. If WM kills/defeats Whiplash, I'm gonna be pissed. Imho, WM is just a side character. He's not a main one. Leave him for later films. He's basically like the Joker in TDK, he's not a main character, but he's there for entertainment and provided the villain, while the real backbone of the story was Harvey, Bruce, and the rest. So should War Machine. He's there to back up Tony and be entertaining, not steal Tony's spot light. If he kills whiplash and basically hogs the screen, you might as well call it War Machine than Iron Man 2.

Oh sure, how about they just go ahead and make WM join and star in the Avengers and have the third movie all to himself. :whatever:

Yeah so he beats up a topless Whiplash and beats up on a couple of drones while the sidekick takes out the upgraded and more powerful villain at the end.

I guess it'll be a common theme with Iron Man, does some pretty cool stuff during the movie and at the end completely chokes against the villain.

Can't wait for part three when War Machine defeats Mandarin and the Ten Rings organization.

Exactly!

No no man,in Iron Man 3 the Black Widow will take out Mandarin,Stark will let her use one of his many Iron Man marks. :whatever::whatever::whatever::whatever::whatever:

It's only logical that a different pal of Stark's takes out another major villain.
And then in the Avengers,Yinsin himself will save the day big time too,maybe in a Hulkbuster even.

Last edited:
atleast that was stark's plan and he risked his life in the process

Men in Black comes to mind.

Yeah, that was called MEN in Black, not Agent Jay in Black.

atleast that was stark's plan and he risked his life in the process
That still doesn't take away from the stupidity of having Stark not being able to take out the villain again. First it was Pepper, now Rhodey, I guess part 3 will be Hogan.

I'll bet anybody ANYTHING that Bucky isn't the one that gets the final confrontation with the Red Skull, let alone gets the killing or knockout blow.

Last edited:
I just finished the book in Spain...im studying abroad...the one released in spain the epilogue it states that fury introduces stark to videoof the hulk rampages....hulksays "lete me start work on a new suit"

I just finished the book in Spain...im studying abroad...the one released in spain the epilogue it states that fury introduces stark to videoof the hulk rampages....hulksays "lete me start work on a new suit"
Say WHA - ?!

Could you scan that?

GUYS!

I just put it together!

Remember, at the donut shop, when Fury said, "You're not even my biggest problem in the southeaster sector" or something?

Well, think about it.

It can't be Hulk, because Banner's still in Peru, and has been inactive for a long, looooong while.

Can't be Cap, because he's a red white and blue freezer pop.

Hawkeye's a SHIELD agent, and Black Widow is with him in the *****ing film already.

So that leaves, guess who?

THOR!

:D

I'm pretty sure we can assume it's Thor in the after-credit's scene of Iron Man 2.

Edit: Just saw the Hulkbuster thing. It seems a little too vague for an after-credits scene. "I'd like to talk to you about the Avenger initiative" is a badass end line. "Let me build a new suit", not so much, no. It's way too vague. I think Thor'll pop up.

Score one for sudden inspiration!

Last edited:
Oh, so THATS what the Ex-Wife was.

I imagined that Rhodey just threw a whole plane at Ivan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"