Days of Future Past The Official JANUARY JONES/Emma Frost Thread - Part 1

Same here, I heard bad things from reviews and was pleasantly surprised. I have never seen Jones in anything else, but I loved her in this movie. And she looked the part. Wowzers.

So, many of you and some reviews weren't a fan of Emma Frost but upon the second viewing I found her performance to be subtly cheeky and sly. So why people say that she's 'blank', I have no idea.

So, many of you and some reviews weren't a fan of Emma Frost but upon the second viewing I found her performance to be subtly cheeky and sly. So why people say that she's 'blank', I have no idea.

Hear, Hear.

Watched it again last night after theatrehopping in from Super 8, and that is basically what Frost is.

Hmm, I don't know...I'm in the minority here, but I didn't think she was all that great. To be fair, I don't think she's a terrible actress, but I think that she could have done better. These situations take two to tango; I would have liked the director to do more with her to bring life to her character. That's part of the responsibility of the job. I don't like to soley blame actors for lackluster performances these days; in the hands of a terrible director, you could make Morgan Freeman come off as awkward, but in the hands of a great director you could make Lindsay Lohan be a complex and conflicted character. Now those are extreme examples, but I still stand by my point that a director can help a subject look deep inside and perform better.

I felt that she fundamentally lacked that extra spark. Many times I saw her scenes and I said to myself "that's fine, but take it up 5-10% more." I'm not trying to critically compare Emma to the books or Wolverine and the X-men. I'm just looking at the basic emotional and situational cues that the scenes called for and how she would act opposite other actors.

The last problem I think has to do with being opposite some of the cast members like Bacon, Fassbender and Mcavoy; they had a lot more time to shine, were main characters and were oozing with charisma.

Overall I don't have problem with Ms Jones, I thought she did alright, but I would have been curious to see another actress in this role and see how a alternate approach would have affected the film.

Jones isn't a good actress and she wasn't good in the film but I didn't mind her too much because she had a small role.

I'd call JJ's performance the Twilight effect: she's not necessarily a bad actress, it's just that the writing of the character doesn't demand a whole lot of her. She wasn't awful by any means, she just didn't have a lot to work with.

Eh, I've always imagined Emma as being cold and distant, so I think she did a fairly competent job.

I'd call JJ's performance the Twilight effect: she's not necessarily a bad actress, it's just that the writing of the character doesn't demand a whole lot of her. She wasn't awful by any means, she just didn't have a lot to work with.

I agree and its too bad that's how the character was written. Maybe some of her scenes were cut?

I agree and its too bad that's how the character was written. Maybe some of her scenes were cut?

A psychic battle would have been awesome .. having two powerful psychics in an X-Men movie, on opposing factions, screamed psychic battle! But I guess the Emma mind-trick was enough for that scene ..

Hopefully there will be a sequel for Vaughn to film that scene since it's been a while since Inception came out.

Sorry, the definitive psychic battle has been done already, and any attempt to top it will end in failure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22Tj_l4PcPs&feature=related

DOO Doo doo ...

:pal:

When I read that I really thought you were going for this...

249046546_9f48868753.jpg

I also think it's a bit difficult to act well with barely any clothes on. Also she was pregnant at the time so she probably had a lot going on.

Her acting didn't bother me as much as other people it seems. Some have said she makes Halle Berry look fantastic by comparison but I think that's going a bit far.

"Shaw sends his apologies, but he's indisposed. He asked me to come in his place, and between you and I honey, I'm a lot better company."

I think that was the best line she delivered in the movie, sultry with a seductive smile .. maybe it was the fluffy hat haha ..

He did it deliberately, it's quite obvious, because his regular collaborator JJ Abrams has a new movie (Super 8) coming out this weekend so he was trying to find something to trash in First Class...

Well X-Men: First Class is the better film and made more money in the opening weekend.

I loved the diamond effect.

Don't you find it strange that even on the boat scene where she had her hair tie to the back and turn into diamond form, it turns into the curly hair Emma. Once she turned back to human form, it's back to her hair tied to the back.

Have to see that scene again... i think you are right when you say she had to work with what she had.

I think she did very good, but there was no time enought to show more of her acting and her character personality..

Emma Frost needs to be expanded in the next movie. I love this character, it would be very sad if we wont see more of her.. She has plenty to show us yet!!

Was seeing a clip interview of January Jones and Kevin Bacon, and she looks soo different from the movie. In the movie she looks a bit thin for my taste, but in the interview she looks with more weight. However, seeing her for the first time at the Vegas HFC club entrance with her white light clothings distinguising from the other girls, I think that was a very nice way of introducing her in the movie. She looked seductive hehe.

Frost was badass when she dispatched a still inexperienced Magneto to protect Shaw. The way she intercepted the knife and then turning to diamond form and throw Eric to the waters looked clinic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"