The Official Jimmy Olsen Casting & Discussion Thread

I think Jimmy Olsen, as a secundary character, can be used to appeal to a specific demographic. I mean to appeal to a younger audience.
One of the biggest male teen star right now is Zac Efron:

zac-efron.jpg

He is now in the transition from teen movies to bigger pictures and I believe he would be perfect to play a young intern photographer at the Daily Planet.

Last edited:
I agree. Cast an actor for JIMMY OLSEN,that will entice teen girls and cougars. Maybe Efron,or better yet,a guy who will undoubtedly draw in those masses...Rob Pattinson.

:doh:

ha ha, agreed.

I thought Lois and Clark managed to cast 2 pretty good modern interpretations of Jimmy. I also thought that SR's worked out great as well. Heck even the fake Jimmy on SV played by Ashmore was fine.

Basically, this is a role we shouldn't have to worry about getting cast well. It seems like many types of actors can work in this role. I think the same can be said for Perry White.

Casting Superman/Clark and Lois... THAT is where we need the most importance. If you don't believe their chemistry/interpretation's on their characters... Guess what? Nobody gives a damn about Jimmy now. :o

michael_angarano.jpg

Michael Angarano...except by the time the film gets done, he'd be too old.

Last edited:
isnt grint only like 20-22 yrs old? and yea i wouldnt mind him myself as i said on page one. Plus like other characters we dont know character direction/point in life/age for character will be yet.

Michael Angarano...except by the time the film gets done, he'd be too old.

That is an AWESOME Suggestion! this kid would be great. He could probably play younger too even if he's a bit older by the time the movie is in production.

And while i agree that casting lois and clark is of top importance, we can still have some fun casting Jimmy. A solid supporting cast is important to any film, and for something like Superman it adds a nice human element that films like Iron Man capitalized on. The supporting cast can add a lot of "fun" to the story but fleshing out our main cast via their interaction with the supporting characters.

You could argue that none of these casting threads are necessary as we have no idea who will actually get cast as the leads or supporting characters. The most important element to any production is the characterizations. Writing the characters as 3d human beings rather than 2d caricatures. That's what's needed for all the characters, and yet i hardly see any of those threads around here, most people just want to cast without giving significant thought to the role itself and trying to match a good actor that fits the or can portray that specific characterization.

This thread was created to encourage people to start thinking more about Jimmy, both casting and Characterization. I'd actually like to see more people posting on the Metropolis/Smallville casting thread as well, or the characterization threads but all some people seem to want is say "cast ____ as Lois lane" or "cast ______ as Superman".

for me i rather see michael guy take spidey then jimmy.

^ Absolutely agreed. My top choice for Jimmy Olsen all the way.

MV5BNzc2NjA5MjE3MF5BMl5BanB.jpg

Moving on from one white comic book icon to another? There might be some identity issues at play here. :funny:

No to Glover and Efron

yes to Yelchin and Grint

My choice is Dan Byrd

I'd go with English actor Thomas Sangster of Nowhere Boy, Love Actually, Nanny McFee, and Finding Never Land. .

Or Rory Culkin. He'd fit better with a 30 year old Supes.

He also looks better than Kieran, hehe. Here both together:

kieran__rory_culkin.jpg

Last edited:
The obvious casting is Shia Labeouf. Finally a role where he would actually fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"