The Official Joker Costume Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
joker_costume_kickass2.jpg

gary%2Bjoker%2Bcostume.jpg

blur_joker.jpg

bloodmike it seems you did to good of a job lol ;) your fans require a follow up film not gunna lie i want to know how bad your joker treats gotham i sort of felt like a 15 yera old kid whow had his first kiss and dint know what was going on with the world....i need more :)

bloodmike it seems you did to good of a job lol ;) your fans require a follow up film not gunna lie i want to know how bad your joker treats gotham i sort of felt like a 15 yera old kid whow had his first kiss and dint know what was going on with the world....i need more :)

Yeah, bloodmike, we want more! :p
Keep 'em comin' :hq: lol

Hey guys,
Thanks for the positive feedback, I've had another joker script in the works for sometime now. It is a follow up to the joker's wild short, if there is enough interest I'll consider it. The last one was filmed over 3 days 1 at Eastern State Penitentiary, 1 at local farm and 1 in a parking garage, At $1200 for the whole shoot. The next one is quite lofty and probably 3 times the cost......It's not about money....it's about sending a message...

Well it is about money.....money I don't have yet...anyone wanna rob a bank with me...?

bloodmike well if Eastern State Penitentiary is going to be another place you film in the follow up film or you just decided to use that location because you are based around the philly pa area than def count me in to help because my studio and home are in fish town pa about 5 min from the ben franklin and maybe we can work together to do the film i would love a really good fan film on my website and portfolio and working with me could possibly cust costs as i have acces to lostof fx artiests and mu full work space

Hey guys,
Thanks for the positive feedback, I've had another joker script in the works for sometime now. It is a follow up to the joker's wild short, if there is enough interest I'll consider it. The last one was filmed over 3 days 1 at Eastern State Penitentiary, 1 at local farm and 1 in a parking garage, At $1200 for the whole shoot. The next one is quite lofty and probably 3 times the cost......It's not about money....it's about sending a message...

Well it is about money.....money I don't have yet...anyone wanna rob a bank with me...?

That Eastern State Penitentiary is one effin awesome building!!! *googled* hehe. I wish we had places like that here in the Netherlands. My country's so lame -_-

and eehh, I'll rob that bank wit ya puddin' :hq:

Hey Jester,
Thanks for the offer, the next film may not happen till summer. I belong to the make-up union up in NYC, and the film i have been working on is coming back from the holiday break. And it doesn't wrap till the first week of June. Help on the next short would be great, I too have a full working shop. There's not too many FX people in the philly region, it's always refreshing to find someone else who is as crazy as I am....

bloodmike well if Eastern State Penitentiary is going to be another place you film in the follow up film or you just decided to use that location because you are based around the philly pa area than def count me in to help because my studio and home are in fish town pa about 5 min from the ben franklin and maybe we can work together to do the film i would love a really good fan film on my website and portfolio and working with me could possibly cust costs as i have acces to lostof fx artiests and mu full work space

oh i hear ya i am from ny aboutt 28 miles from nyc and just move dhere as all my friends live here and i got sick of traveling once a month or more my website is doen i have a guy looking at it now do you have one or a portfolio of your work i really would love to check out more things you have done or maybe grabe some coffee or something having friends in this industry are allways nice and welcome since we are such a small industry

Hey guys,

I'm already at the bank... where are you???? ;)

bankholdup.jpg

But yes, there is interest to see it continue on this end :) You should post it on YouTube as well, and perhaps to Facebook if you have an account over there. The more promotion the better!

I'm already at the bank... where are you???? ;)
But yes, there is interest to see it continue on this end :) You should post it on YouTube as well, and perhaps to Facebook if you have an account over there. The more promotion the better!

Youtube won't allow it, because I used the actual movie soundtrack....:whatever:

Youtube won't allow it, because I used the actual movie soundtrack....:whatever:

Yeah, I knew someone who did that (posted it to youtube with the soundtrack playing in the background) They deleted his audio on the vid. So lame... :-s

YouTube sometimes sucks that way... they blocked the audio to my videos that used the Dark Knight soundtrack but I found a way to work around it... and they were re-enabled. Just have to file a fair use copyright claim. Some times it works, sometimes it doesn't. Just go to the vid below for more info :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lVVZsJNfDE

i know nothing aout video edditting but if it is not crazy hard re cut one with no music or different music and at the end say to see the original video with proper music go to this link

i just wanted to post some pix of the 89 joker sculpt in the works i have only been at it for a few hours so i still need to tweak some minor things and add the skin texture but i wnated to shair it with you all so thoes who may still be inturested can get a good idea of what the final will look like i hope to have it done in the next day or 2.

as of now the final product will only be mad in the gelitan that ever one sees to love foam latex will follow shortly but as of now the foam oven has not been hooke dup in my new studio

i possibly may make them in silicone but becaue of the size it may be more costly than the average cosplayer may want to spend so if you guys can give me some feed back on what price range you would not want to go over that would help a lot

so here are 2 pix of my sculpt and a picture of the original prosthetic on jacks life cast thatw ay you can see why i did it the way i did
1227100954.jpg

1227100953.jpg

cap022.jpg

cap023.jpg

very nice work :up:

About time we see a joker around here that isn't Ledgers Joker

lol thanks i know this is a joker costume thread intended for the new joker but since it does not say it i figured i would mix it up since jack has been crowned the clown princ of crime for so long till ledger came alone

i have a comic joker in the works but put it aside for the moment for some reason i got the craving to sculpt a deveto penguin and just finished teh nose and brow and just finished one flipper and 2 acrylic nails for the pointer and thumb today so in a week when i get home i will finish atht up and pick up teh comic joker again i figure since no one has really done a good movie penguin i would give it a go

here is pix of the final sculpt and a close up of the final sculpt i know some people go heavy on the skin texture and pores but when i did my original one dick smith who if you have never herd of him is the god fater of special fx loved that i kept it light and simple since it was designed as a generic prosthetic for multiple faces

i have found it is easier that way cause it will match more people also if you over do it it can take away from the sculpt and once applied and painted its hard to se skinn texture unless you are right up in the persons face well hear you go i hope you all enjoy and in a week i hope to have some castings and generic test shots done for thoes inturested in a set
0102111447a.jpg

photowqr.jpg

May he rest in peace...on this day 3 years ago, Heath ledger's life slipped away. To those who can, raise a glass and have a drink to remember him. To remember why we all are on this forum. He gave us all something, something I know I will carry with me. And I know, inside all of us here, we all wear the face paint, even if no one else can see it....

Agreed for all the sentiments said about Mr Ledger.

I am also daring to post in these now quiet halls to ask another costuming question for any one who still owns a magnoli coat. Is your's shedding at an insane rate as well? Mine is starting to almost look like a cheap wool imitation.

Has taken a really, really long time, alot of correspondence and alot of back and forth shipping but I believe the day has finally arrived. The completion of the Baron Boutique Joker overcoat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"