The OFFICIAL 'LIMEWIRE' thread.

Golgo-13

The Return of the O.G
Reaction score
I'm suprised there isn't a thread on Limewire considering so many of us have it.

Anyhow, over the past week, i haven't been able to DL anything i've looked for. Is it just me...?

It's a means of downloading - different to the P2P you've been using.

Limewire is full of spyware.

jag

If someone was looking to download music I've 'heard' people like to use 'utorrent' then maybe maybe a site such as isohunt which friends have said is good.

a few things:
1. limewire sucks
2. like jag said it's full of spam and spyware
3. Using utorrent is so much faster and you get much better quality.
and
4. u know once the mods see this thread it's going to be closed cause the mods don't like us talking about illegal things

I used Limewire for a good period of time, but it started to become too much trouble (read: suck) a couple of years ago. I have since seen the light of torrents.

a few things:
1. limewire sucks
2. like jag said it's full of spam and spyware
3. Using utorrent is so much faster and you get much better quality.
and
4. u know once the mods see this thread it's going to be closed cause the mods don't like us talking about illegal things

Utorrent isn't available on Macs (yet, at least; they're working on a port of it for Mac OS X). Azureus is a great option, though. As far as legalities, we aren't talking about doing anything illegal, here. There are plenty of legal uses for torrent networks so there's nothing that warrants closing the thread.

jag

uTorrent for Windows
Transmission for Mac

Azureus is a very good program, but it really is a huge resource hog. The 2 aforementioned programs have all the key features you need, with the benefit of being light and quick.

uTorrent for Windows
Transmission for Mac

Azureus is a very good program, but it really is a huge resource hog. The 2 aforementioned programs have all the key features you need, with the benefit of being light and quick.

I've never had any issues with Azureus hogging a lot of resources on any of my systems, personally, but I have heard of folks who have.

jag

I just threw up in Scarlet_spidey's mouth a little bit, too. :(

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"