The Official Man of Steel Blu Ray Thread

I'm just so confused....I want the best special features I can find. I'd kinda like a steel book but not sure what special features comes with each version....

You in the United States? If you would of preordered in June haha like I did from Walmart, you got a few exclusive bonus features, a bonus feature from the bluray, and the digital prequel comic about Supergirl, it's in video form and last almost 20 minutes. (This was a digital comic originally exclusive to Walmart for preordering man of steel movie theatre tickets)

Target you get a digibook with concept art, different pictures, and an exclusive special feature that's 30 minutes long.

That's all I know special feature and steelbook wise, but I imagine bestbuy will have their own steelbook. No matter if you buy bluray, bluray tin set, bluray with 3d bluray, they'll have all the special features, except those that are exclusive to walmart and target.

The special features I have right now for preordering from Walmart are:
Watch digital copy early, 30 minutes from now.
Man of Steel An Inside Look 5 minutes
The supergirl prequel motion comic 18 minutes
The Sonic Landscape Of Man Of Steel 13 minutes
The Iconic Characters Of Man Of Steel 19 minutes
And the last one is locked until November 12th
Strong Characters, Legendary Roles

I know the last one is for sure on the bluray but not sure if any other ones like besides the comic are a Walmart exclusive or I just get to watch them early.

The special features I have right now for preordering from Walmart are:
Watch digital copy early, 30 minutes from now.
Man of Steel An Inside Look 5 minutes
The supergirl prequel motion comic 18 minutes
The Sonic Landscape Of Man Of Steel 13 minutes
The Iconic Characters Of Man Of Steel 19 minutes
And the last one is locked until November 12th
Strong Characters, Legendary Roles

I know the last one is for sure on the bluray but not sure if any other ones like besides the comic are a Walmart exclusive or I just get to watch them early.

Other than the motion comic, which ones are walmart exclusives.

I'm just so confused....I want the best special features I can find. I'd kinda like a steel book but not sure what special features comes with each version....
I feel ya. I've never had this much trouble deciding which version of a blu ray to buy. It's quite ridiculous, actually. I've narrowed it to three...Walmart steelbook, target special, or the collectors tin.

I'll end up buying the standard blu ray:doh:

Wow, it wasn't until Star Trek Into Darkness that I realized how confusing it can be to get a film on blu-ray with all the special features spread out with retailers.

So, is Walmart pretty much the best bet if you want more special features? Or are things so spread out evenly that it's a dice roll depending on what you want?

I still haven't been able to decide myself which version to get, Target is sounding better and I won't step foot into a Wal-Mart anyways.

Wow. UK has to wait that long?

Yeah, December 2nd. For the longest time I thought it was a placeholder date, that someone hadn't sent Amazon the memo that the actual release date was November 12th. When I realised the Dec 2nd date was real, I wasn't sure if I was more annoyed at having to wait, or just perplexed as to why there was such a huge time gap.

I still haven't been able to decide myself which version to get, Target is sounding better and I won't step foot into a Wal-Mart anyways.

If I had to step foot into a Walmart, I think I would pay double to any other place just not to.

Yeah, December 2nd. For the longest time I thought it was a placeholder date, that someone hadn't sent Amazon the memo that the actual release date was November 12th. When I realised the Dec 2nd date was real, I wasn't sure if I was more annoyed at having to wait, or just perplexed as to why there was such a huge time gap.

That's awful. I'd like to know their reasons for choosing this date.

I feel ya. I've never had this much trouble deciding which version of a blu ray to buy. It's quite ridiculous, actually. I've narrowed it to three...Walmart steelbook, target special, or the collectors tin.

I'll end up buying the standard blu ray:doh:

Dude same here. I like the cover, and it's standard. Whatevs. It works for me.

Another blurb for the Maximum Mode
Journey of Discovery, on the other hand, is essentially an entire additional version of the film, with “making of” content edited into its running time every couple of minutes. So as you’re watching, Snyder will suddenly appear in a window to talk about the scene, and then you’ll see production footage or artwork or previz in additional windows. The film serves as a backbone upon which a ton of additional behind-the-scenes clips are offered up. I wasn’t expecting much from this, but there’s a lot of good content here. This feature isn’t done with BD-Java though, which means you can’t access this material separately via a menu – you have to experience the whole thing in context. That’s great in one sense, but might be irritating if you just want to sample.
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/item/man-of-steel-bd

Can't the Maximum Mode just be a feature length documentary though? What is the point? Does even a making-off now needs to be interactive?

And from what I gather this maximum mode isn't interactive at all. You basically just play the feature and windows pop up from time to time without any intervention from you.

Hey guys and gals, doesn't look like bestbuy has any kind of exclusive for it.
Walmarts ad shows they'll have the steelbook, some of us had thought it was a preorder exclusive, however it's $20 for the bluray in regular packaging or to get the steelbook its $25, but includes 3D bluray as well.

4D4TVIe.jpg

QPQh2CY.jpg

tr1UuN3.jpg

And let's not forget targets digibook. If you're going to double or even triple dip like me, the Walmart steelbook and target digibook are a must.

Last edited:
Hey I know it's not the movie, but did you folks see this? It comes out Tuesday as well, target exclusive. I only bought the soundtrack on limited edition vinyl, may have to get this as well.

uAqtN9C.jpg

Hey guys and gals, doesn't look like bestbuy has any kind of exclusive for it.
Walmarts ad shows they'll have the steelbook, some of us had thought it was a preorder exclusive, however it's $20 for the bluray in regular packaging or to get the steelbook its $25, but includes 3D bluray as well.

4D4TVIe.jpg

QPQh2CY.jpg

tr1UuN3.jpg

And let's not forget targets digibook. If you're going to double or even triple dip like me, the Walmart steelbook and target digibook are a must.

I pre-ordered from Wal-Mart back in July and mine is on it's way right now, should be here on Tuesday. I'm thinking of stopping by Target after work to pick up the lenticular digi-book edition too. I was thinking about the ones on Amazon shaped like the shield and with the small pvc figurines, but I don't know if those are worth it.

At walmart what other bonus do you get for the 24.96 version over the 19.96 blu ray version besides the steel cover?

Got my Blu Ray copy in the mail yesterday and watched it last night. Awesome!

I don't have Blu Ray....I only want the regular DVD, digital download and Bonus footage.

Which version is the best for me to buy?

Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"