The Avengers The Official Maria Hill/Cobie Smulders Thread

webhead9707

Dr. Perky
Reaction score
I think she's going to be AMAZING in this. Hope it's not a really small role.

As long as she's not the ***** from the comics. I'll be happy

Agree and the art is cool but I can't wait to see a production still of Cobie in her suit:hrt:

Last edited:
Cobie looks hot in the teaser and the poster. Hope Maria is a real leader in the film....in the trailer, so far, she looks like she's kickin' ass and takin' names.

Seems odd to have her official thread without having the most recent pic of her up.

detail.jpg

She looks great. Hotter than I thought too, for some reason.

So since Fury's panel in the mural is more or less a SHIELD panel, I'm surprised they left out
Amanda Righetti, who is supposed to have a beefy role in this movie. Rumormill points to Sharon Carter.

I think she's going to be AMAZING in this. Hope it's not a really small role.

Well, she appears in the teaser, and she shares the poster with Coulson and Fury. I think she's gonna appear quite a lot!

Well, she appears in the teaser, and she shares the poster with Coulson and Fury. I think she's gonna appear quite a lot!
You're probably right. I'm ready to get a clear picture of her! all we have is that one piece of artwork and the .5 seconds she was in the trailer! haha

It's hard to tell in some of the shots, but I think I see her in the majority of the action scenes in the teaser, so I'm starting to suspect she's gonna be as much of an action heroine as Black Widow in this. Unless all those shots were from the same action sequence, which I suppose is a definite possibility since they only had so much footage to work with when cutting that teaser.

I'm actually glad Cobie got this role instead of the Wonder Woman role Whedon had in mind. Maria Hill is far more convincing a government agent than Diana Prince of the IADC.

Cobie Smulders seems to be a funny woman from her interviews. I've already seen her in How I met your mother, but she still jokes around quite a bit in real life.

Real name Jacoba Smulders, plus she's a fellow Canadian! :hrt:

Mentioned this on another thread....

CobieSmulders2.jpg

She looks more like Jessica Drew (aka Spider-Woman who also happened to be an ex-SHIELD agent) more so than Maria Hill, but oh well.

629097-spider_woman_leinil_yu08.jpg

spiderwoman1.jpg

Just realised that Cobie Smulders had a small recurring part in the L-Word a few years back. :wow: I don't remember her character.

If Maria ever gets angry with Nick, Stark should say to her "Hill hath no Fury like a woman scorned!" :D

Cherokeeslam we don't know that Righetti will have that beefy of a role. It could just be one scene or so like her appearance in Cap. We also still don't have confirmation yet she is Sharon Carter, but I hope she is.

Not afraid? Does she do it often? When else has she played one?

No, not often. But she dressed up as the lesbian doppleganger of her character in HIMYM. In the show's outtakes she's played up the gay angle for fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"