X-Men The Official MCU X-Men News and Discussion Thread

He and LSD on Deadpool 3. LOL

I think 2025 is when the contracts are up, though.
0f1ec91b-937d-480a-93f1-8a5c9fb8b23b_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: JP
Remember Deadline reported on September 2023 that Marvel was taking X-Men pitches.

I want to trust that these two had the BEST pitch out of every writer who sought this gig. I can't imagine it's an easy gig to land, and I'm sure an endless number of writers wanted the job.

Remember Deadline reported on September 2023 that Marvel was taking X-Men pitches.

I want to trust that these two had the BEST pitch out of every writer who sought this gig. I can't imagine it's an easy gig to land, and I'm sure an endless number of writers wanted the job.
What if we call each X-Men movie a different year to signify a different team? Like First Class where we see Xavier and Erik form the original X-Men and built Cerebro, a sequel where Xavier recruits Scott, Jean, Warren, and Bobby, a sequel where Rogue, Wolverine, Storm, and Shadowcat join the team. :o

Yeah, the best pitches for a studio whose boss boss is all "we have to not have messages in our movies". Those choices are absolutely what Iger would want for the X-men.

Cool, get the guy who wrote the assassins creed movie script

(Just teasing, I just wanted to stir things up)

Cool, get the guy who wrote the assassins creed movie script

(Just teasing, I just wanted to stir things up)

And Judkins, in addition to being the WoT showrunner, wrote that awful Uncharted movie. We'll just have to hope that they get a director who will completely overhaul the script (as it often happens).

And Judkins, in addition to being the WoT showrunner, wrote that awful Uncharted movie. We'll just have to hope that they get a director who will completely overhaul the script (as it often happens).
Don't worry the film will be horrible that they'll have to reshoot 90% with a new script. Just like Brave New World. :o

so no POC writer for Marvel Studios X-Men then?
this feels like Fox era all over again. (a white american man writing X-Men, and likely both straight men too). I thought Feige would give the opportunity to a minority writer that would have that extra sensitivity and personal connection to the source material and core themes.

That's why Berry Jenkins is my ideal director.

But also, since we can't have DeMayo, why not get Anthony Sellitti or Charley Feldman?

Ummm this movie has a lot to live up to now that we have X-Men 97. I'm sure Marvel Execs will check the quality of writing of this movie and compare haha. Still hopeful DeMayo and Disney work out their problems but who knows. Its a rumor so not gonna believe it until its officially announced. I swear the dirt sheets said it was gonna be Antonio Banderas or Javier Bardem as Galactus and it was not.

Last edited:
I doubt casual movie goers are even watching the latest X-Men cartoon, for the reboot movie to live up to X-Men '97. Like I can only imagine the fans coming out of the theater saying "X-Men 97 is much better." If there are going to comparisons, it would most likely be compared to X-Men movies by Fox, simply because those are full length live action movies.

Also this movie is years away. The earliest possible release I can think of right now, for this is 2028? And there are still other big projects Marvel Studios need to release first, Avengers 5 & 6. They could hire a writer today, and also hire other writers in 2025 and 2026. And who knows if they get a director that won't leave the project, after several months.

And I bet DeMayo was fired for a good reason. So I hope they don't approach that guy to work for a X-Men movie. Hollywood is big.

That's why Berry Jenkins is my ideal director.

But also, since we can't have DeMayo, why not get Anthony Sellitti or Charley Feldman?
Yeah Barry would be intriguing. I guess we’ll have to see how mufasa turns out. Some people who are great with indies aren’t so good when it comes to blockbusters but we’ll see

Dont you guys find a bit ironic or "pointless" in a sense to get a black director but then a white straight writer? which will be the one to decide the whole story, scenes and dialogue, at the end of the day.
A director can always change some things here and there, of course, but the heart/core of a movie lies on the writer.

Dont you guys find a bit ironic or "pointless" in a sense to get a black director but then a white straight writer? which will be the one to decide the whole story, scenes and dialogue, at the end of the day.
A director can always change some things here and there, of course, but the heart/core of a movie lies on the writer.

A movie director in Hollywood usually has a hell of lot more power to decide the story, scenes and dialogue than the writer. No matter who's name is ultimately on the script, there's a very high probability that script will have contributions from a whole bunch of different writers and the director's the guy who's gonna choose which ideas make it into the movie. The final script to a large extent is likely to be the writers writing what they're told based on what the director liked in previous scripts.

Of course, the MCU structure complicates that a lot more, but not likely in the direction of giving more influence to the writers.

That's not true. The script is more than likely going to be handled by multiple writers. In the end, they need a script the studio and director are happy with, and the writer will have to work to please those parties. Especially with MCU projects, it's the studio that really dictates the heart of the movie. Not so much the writers or even director, with some exceptions like Whedon or Coogler on their respective productions

If they wanted an ex-Survivor player to write the X-Men they should've gotten Mike White from The White Lotus. 😜

"These humans... They're trying to murder me"

Not at all. You take the best pitch and the best work. Nothing about a white writer says they can't understand the assignment.

I'm honestly pretty indifferent to whenever we get news of writers being hired for these projects. The scripts always go through so many rewrites that the final film often only shares so much in common with that first draft.

Not at all. You take the best pitch and the best work. Nothing about a white writer says they can't understand the assignment.
This is how I see it as well. Take the best pitch, work, script and vision.

Also, if people want to whine about having a white writer, remember that Kevin Feige still has the biggest say in these projects. This will be his baby, more so than the writers/director they hired for this reboot.

The best pitch led to Simon Kinberg writing and directing Dark Phoenix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"