Comics The Official Morbius: The Living Vampire thread...

It's been a really long time since Marvel's tried to make Morbius his own solo series so it's cool they're doing something like this again. I will definitely check it out, supporting all the Spidey spin-off books and all (also reading Daredevil since it's so great).

I guess this means Morbius is getting out of Superhuman prison soon...

I was never a fan of Morbius, but this shall be interesting.

I liked his old ongoing. I liked all the Midnight Sons titles.....Morbius, Spirits of Vengeance, Nightstalkers, The Darkhold. Def getting this.

I'll definitely give it a try... If they can put a fun spin on the character like they did with Venom and Scarlet Spider, it should be an awesome book... :up:

:yay:

I find Scarlet Spider a little over-rated compared to what people say it is. I like the character and the look and all but none of the stories are interesting at all. It's been a little boring. They need a new writer.

I'm going to disagree... I think there's a big picture with the story all the while keeping some old school storytelling fun in the book... with the big RoXxon Monster cliffhanger at the end of last issue, it felt like such an old school Marvel story... the new artists still has some rusty edges on the book, but overall, I've been impressed... Yost's little comments to long gone characters from Kaine's past as well as the subtle mentions of Ben make me feel like Marvel is now embracing that sorrid part of Spidey's past and I am so happy about that...

And Mimimum Carnage looks like it'll be a blast...:word:

I'm going to disagree... I think there's a big picture with the story all the while keeping some old school storytelling fun in the book... with the big RoXxon Monster cliffhanger at the end of last issue, it felt like such an old school Marvel story... the new artists still has some rusty edges on the book, but overall, I've been impressed... Yost's little comments to long gone characters from Kaine's past as well as the subtle mentions of Ben make me feel like Marvel is now embracing that sorrid part of Spidey's past and I am so happy about that...

Different strokes for different folks and all that jazz. I do like that they put Kaine in Houston, far away from NYC and cut him off from the rest of the Spider-verse and they're trying to build something here. So far the story just hasn't gripped me yet. I have high expectations from the Venom series and I hope that Kaine's stuff eventually crosses into Peter's life like Flash's woes did all the while keeping it a Venom story.

I've always enjoyed the Ben and Kaine stories that happened outside the Spider-verse...they have always had this vibe to them...

I cant say that I've been a huge Morbius fan but I am willing to take a look at this. Maybe it will become the next Scarlet Spider. I liked Morbius in ASM and I'm curious how he would operate on his own. The cover art looks awesome, anyway.

And here I've been trying to cut back on my comics. :doh: On the other hand, these ongoing series on minor characters never last long so it may not become too burdensome.

RIP Morbius...

Gone after 9 issues... :dry:

Truthfully, it was never really a good book... I'm not surprised...

:csad:

I read the first issue and was not impressed. Morbius is such a low level character, it's tough to warrant a solo series. Even back with his first solo series during the 90's it was tough sell and horror comics were riding the wave of Ghost Rider's success.

I read the first couple or issues and found them boring. I found the 90s Morbius title more entertaining.

Marvel should just bring back a Midnight Sons book with Doctor Strange, Morbius, Blade, Ghost Rider, Damian Hellstrom, Werewolf By Night, Jennifer Kale and Elsa Bloodstone.

A good Supernatural/Horror/Magic team book with those characters would have a good chance of selling.

Never got a chance to get this yet...
Thankfully, this hasn't happened to Scarlet Spider!

***********Siggy for now******************
I was ben_reilly_s_s
My Son Kyle Morrison was born on 04/12-2009.
My Daughter Jubilee Morrison was born 08/17-2010.
My 3DS nickname: Kaine
My 3DS friend code: 2492-4192-0317
My XboX GamerTag: KaineKinetic

Last edited by a moderator:
No, it seems like it going to stay around for a while yet.
This and All-New X-Men are the only books i've been interested in.
X-Men now, I liked the first issue.
I just got into Avengers Academy. I really like it, but who is Nico?

Ugh.... I hate that I had to start a new account.
No Post Count, Original Join Date, Avatar and Siggy are all gone! :'(

***********Siggy for now******************
I was ben_reilly_s_s
My Son Kyle Morrison was born on 04/12-2009.
My Daughter Jubilee Morrison was born 08/17-2010.
My 3DS nickname: Kaine
My 3DS friend code: 2492-4192-0317
My XboX GamerTag: KaineKinetic

Last edited by a moderator:
No, it seems like it going to stay around for a while yet.

Don't be so sure. Scarlet Spider currently sells at 24K a month. Venom sells at 21K. X-Factor was recently cancelled and sold at 20K a month. Everything lower than that at Marvel.....Winter Soldier, Gambit, Dark Avengers, Journey into Mystery and Red She Hulk all were cancelled.

20K seems to be the point where Marvel looks at cancellation and it's been like that for a while. Sometimes these books can lose a thousand readers a month. Scarlet Spider and Venom are from the Spidey family so that definitely helps their chances but it could be only a matter of time.

I read the first couple or issues and found them boring. I found the 90s Morbius title more entertaining.

Marvel should just bring back a Midnight Sons book with Doctor Strange, Morbius, Blade, Ghost Rider, Damian Hellstrom, Werewolf By Night, Jennifer Kale and Elsa Bloodstone.

A good Supernatural/Horror/Magic team book with those characters would have a good chance of selling.

Aloha,
I would agree. You also have to look at guys like Black Panther and Dr Doom as well. Both are as supernatural as they are scientific.
Spidey rules

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"