Revenge of the Fallen The official plot discussion thread.

protocida

Avenger
Reaction score
According to USA Today, the new movie's plot is something like this:

Sam Withwicky and his girlfriend, Mikaela Banes, are again targed by the evil Decepticons, but for different reasons: Sam discovered something about the Transformers origins and their ancient history on Earth, and now, the Decepticons must capture him alive, and not kill him, as they we're previously trying to do.

To save Sam, Optimus Prime and the Autobots unite with a military special force to attack the Decepticons before it's too late.

What do you think about it? Liked it? Hated it? Could't care less?

Discuss! :woot:

Last edited:
This plot was pretty much obvious from the get-go with the new cast and what not...even though people will bash about the Autobots having to team up with humans, it doesn't bother me. I just hope Fallen isn't like TF1's Megatron, and only in the last twenty minutes or so.

i think you will be dissapointed, lightningflash.

With what? Fallen's appearance?

I wasn't very disappointed with the first movie.

you think that the decipticons builded the pyramids? like a backstory how aliens were no earth and gave us a lot of things?

Not as much as Decepticons; just the "ancient" TFs...possibly the original 13.

Hey, it can't be any worse than the Predators building the pyramids only to use them as battle arenas against the aliens.

Sounds pretty straight forward, much like the previous film. Either way, I'm onboard.

Depending on the time frames they could also use the whole Transformers thing on Earth in ancient times to help support the whole reason how the Allspark made its way here. It never sat right with me how of all the planets in the galaxy it made it here (what are the odds?). They could use the excuse that it was drawn here by something, plus this is also a good opportunity for the Ark to be introduced into Bayformer canon. Just throwing it out there ;)

Not as much as Decepticons; just the "ancient" TFs...possibly the original 13.

Hey, it can't be any worse than the Predators building the pyramids only to use them as battle arenas against the aliens.
i actually like the backstory in AvP.not everydetail. but the main story. aliens on earth....not so much.

But within the backstory of AVP, it ruined what the backstory was for Predator 2.

Some of the plot elements I like, I cant wait to see The Fallen in action, but Jefire combining with Prime and Jetfire being an old decrepid bot, if all true, doesnt sit right with me at all, especially as a Jetfire fan.

Saying that, I am still looking forward to it, a lot.

But within the backstory of AVP, it ruined what the backstory was for Predator 2.
i am not connecting this . its a stand alone movie for me. end of story. the predators were bodybuilders compared to the ones from teh first and second movie. and they were teenagers.

i am not connecting this . its a stand alone movie for me. end of story. the predators were bodybuilders compared to the ones from teh first and second movie. and they were teenagers.

That's like saying you're okay with Sandman being Uncle Ben's real killer though. AVP is supposed to be an essential third Predator film, and a fifth or sixth Alien film(have no clue how many Alien films were there), just because AVP is after the Predator films and before the Alien films. Yes, they did screw up some continuity issues, but it's still a Predator and Alien film. And that's why I hope Marvel doesn't have any mishaps with their Avengers continual movies. I'm not a fan of goofs within the continuity.

Also...teenagers? How did you think of that?

The Predators of Alien VS. Predator we're "teenagers" because the Weyland expedition was their first hunt.

Teenagers isn't really a correct term though. The hunt was them to just earn the traditional markings of elder Predators.

According to USA Today, the new movie's plot is something like this:

Sam Withwicky and his girlfriend, Mikaela Banes, are again targed by the evil Decepticons, but for different reasons: Sam discovered something about the Transformers origins and their ancient history on Earth, and now, the Decepticons must capture him alive, and not kill him, as they we're previously trying to do.

To save Sam, Optimus Prime and the Autobots unite with a military special force to attack the Decepticons before it's too late.

What do you think about it? Liked it? Hated it? Could't care less?

Discuss! :woot:

Sounds interesting! I can't wait for TF2.

I get why they're trying to make Sam more essential to the plot, but I'm getting tired of plot points revolving around him. If they're going to make a third, an automatic improvement would be allowing the Transformers to have their own independent conflicts.

I get why they're trying to make Sam more essential to the plot, but I'm getting tired of plot points revolving around him. If they're going to make a third, an automatic improvement would be allowing the Transformers to have their own independent conflicts.

yeah it should be based around the Transformers.

I like Sam being the movie's McGuffin in order of having the movies McGuffin. But i like the character, so, i'm suspect to talk.

yeah it should be based around the Transformers.

B
U
D
G
E
T

'Nuff said.

I.E.: Can't have an entire movie with giant robots; it isn't possible, so why have a storyline solely for the Autobots and/or Decepticons?

I like Sam being the movie's McGuffin in order of having the movies McGuffin. But i like the character, so, i'm suspect to talk.

Yeah i'm ok with it, as long as we get loads of TF action along the way, and a good story of course.

This sounds awesome, besides I liked the character Sam so I'm glad he's going to be a major to the plot. But they weren't really trying to kill him in the first film, he just had the Alspark so he became a target for them, now its him agian LOL. Poor Sam is going to have mental problems after all this. But either way I'm excited for this and can't wait for the preview, I bet Sam gets hurt in this becuase Shia had a broken rist during this time, didn't the director say he'd some hopw include that in the film? Any who yah looking forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"