The Official "Tales of" RPG Thread: Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition shipments top 500,000

Tales of Symphonia HD Announced For PC. July 2, 2015 . 1:16am

Tales of Symphonia HD is coming to PC.

Tales of Symphonia HD
is coming to PC, Bandai Namco have announced. The PC release will be based off the HD version released last year, and will be available sometime in 2016.

As previously reported, Tales of Zestiria is also coming to Steam and will be released this year. The pre-purchase bonus for Tales of Zestiria on Steam will depend on the number of pre-orders. Once the number of pre-purchases reaches a certain number, bonus content will be made available for all users. The final step of this campaign is a free copy of Tales of Symphonia HD for all those that pre-purchase Zestiria.

Further details on the Tales of Symphonia HD PC port have not yet been announced, but stay tuned for more info.

Read more stories about PC & Tales of Symphonia HD & Tales Of Zestiria on Siliconera.
Also with

Tales of Zestiria Collector’s Edition Announced For Europe. July 2, 2015 . 1:34am

Bandai Namco have announced a Tales of Zestiria collector’s edition for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 in Europe. Oh, and PC users get something neat, too.

Bandai Namco have announced a Tales of Zestiria collector’s edition for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 in Europe. Here’s what the collector’s edition will include:

• 4 Chibi Kyun Chara figures
  • Lady of the Lake sanctuary cloth artwork
  • Hardback artbook
  • 30 minute anime DVD
  • Selected soundtrack from the game
  • Exclusive Normin metalcase
  • Collector’s Edition box

Buying the game at launch will allow one to avail Tales of Zestiria’s infamous Alisha story DLC chapter free of cost. Additionally, ordering the game from Namco’s VIP Corner will net you exclusive Mystic Arte DLC for Mikleo, Lailah and Alisha. Both of these bonuses will be available for consoles as well as PC.

Moving along, it wouldn’t be a pre-order campaign without complicated retailer bonuses. Namco state: “Through pre-ordering at participating retailers in participating countries as well as digital stores, you can get classic Tales costumes and Weapon Skins.”

In addition to the aforementioned costumes and weapon skins, you can also get four badges by pre-ordering at “participating retailers in participating countries as well as digital stores”.

The best offer, however, is for those that pre-purchase Tales of Zestiria on Steam. While there’s no PC collector’s edition, the Steam pre-purchase campaign will offer a copy of Tales of Symphonia HD on PC to all Zestiria pre-purchasers, once the number of pre-purchases hits a certain milestone.

Tales of Zestiria will be released in Europe on October 16th for PC, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation 4. North American collector’s edition details should be coming shortly.

Read more stories about PC & PlayStation 4 & Tales Of Zestiria on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

Last edited:

Tales of Zestiria’s Combat Feels More Technical Than Other Tales Games. July 2, 2015 . 2:32pm

The demo I played tasked me with hunting a Dragon, and the first objective was to get to Marlind, City of the Great Tree.

I recently got to play a story demo for Tales of Zestiria, and while it simply wouldn’t be fair to judge a Tales game based on just half an hour of play, it was certainly enough time to leave me with some solid impressions of how the combat feels and what players should expect from its world. The demo tasked me with hunting a Dragon, and the first objective was to get to Marlind, City of the Great Tree.

When I began, I was plopped into an expansive field full of enemies. The first thing that hit me was how seamless the transition between overworld exploration and combat was. Instead of the white “X” that would appear on the screen in Tales of Xillia, the game simply brought the camera toward the enemy, and then rapidly moved back to the player character as more enemies instantly spawned.

As the protagonist, Sorey feels much heavier than Jude from Tales of Xillia. There were four Artes at my disposal in the demo: Crimson Edge, Shadow Shock, Runic Circle, and Lion’s Howl. Crimson Edge was a swift lunge forward into an enemy, not unlike the Stinger move made popular by Devil May Cry. Shadow Shock and Runic Circle seemed to hold enemies in place and do damage over time, while Lion’s Howl unleashed a powerful burst of energy.

When I reached Marlind, I was calmed by its tranquil atmosphere. The city was calm, spacious and, well… a bit empty. When I approached a house in the distance, a cut scene began. Sorey and Mikleo combined, and then aimed their arrow at the moon. The arrow hits its mark—a dragon—and you’re the large drake dropped to the base of the neighboring Great Tree.

In this fight, Sorey maintained the fused form he and Mikleo had during the cutscene. Instead of four Artes, Sorey only had two at his disposal in this form: Arrow Squall and Blue Flurry. Blue Flurry could be chained three times to create a powerful third shot, while Arrow Squall launched a barrage of arrows into the air that came raining down on the enemy. I never exited the form during this battle, and my foe fell in a matter of minutes.

That was the end of the demo. Though I left with little understanding of what the story was about, playing the game brought back memories of playing Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Xillia with friends—and I found myself wondering what other Seraphs Sorey could combine with, since his Artes seemed a bit more technical than other characters in the franchise.

Read more stories about PC & PlayStation 3 & PlayStation 4 & Tales Of Zestiria on Siliconera.

PlayStation 4
Tales of Zestiria PS4 collector’s edition announced for North America
Published 1 hour ago. 32 comments.
$129 special edition includes figures, art book, OVA, more.

Following yesterday’s European collector’s edition announcement, Bandai Namco has announced the Tales of Zestiria PlayStation 4-exclusive collector’s edition for North America.
The $129.99 package includes:

• A copy of the game
  • Serialized premium box packaging
  • Exclusive SteelBook case
  • Chibi Kyun Chara figure set
  • Downloadable content pack
  • Tales of Zestiria hardcover art book
  • Three Tales of Zestiria pixel-styled character key chains
  • Tales of Zestiria 40-minute “Dawn of the Shepherd” OVA anime Blu-ray disc
The collector’s edition won’t be exclusive to the Bandai Namco Online Store, but it is currently available for pre-order there.
Tales of Zestiria will launch for PlayStation 4 and PS3 on October 16 across Europe, the Middle-East, and Australasia; via Steam in the Americas and Europe and for PlayStation consoles in North America on October 20; and in Brazil on October 23.
Watch the Anime Expo trailer below.

[YT]yyPvXOlauSs[/YT]

Read More

PlayStation 4, Anime Expo 2015, Bandai Namco, Clips, RPG, Special Editions, Tales, Tales of Zestiria, Trailers

source: Gematsu

Tales of Zestiria PC Pre-Orders Are Creeping Toward A Free Copy Of Symphonia. July 14, 2015 . 2:02pm

If enough people pre-order the Steam version, Bandai Namco have pledged to make the PC port of Tales of Symphonia available for free to all those that pre-ordered Zestiria.

Tales of Zestiria on Steam probably has the best pre-order incentive of all the platforms it’s on. If enough people pre-order the Steam version, Bandai Namco have pledged to make the PC port of Tales of Symphonia available for free to all those that pre-ordered Zestiria.

Beyond the basic pre-order bonus (a set of classic Tales weapons), the pre-order program for Tales of Zestiria is broken into three tiers. The first tier offers four Tales classic male costumes as rewards, while the second tier offers both male and female costumes as rewards. The third tier offers all of the above and Symphonia.

At present, everything up to Tier 2 has been unlocked, which means that anyone that pre-orders Tales of Zestiria off Steam will get the classic weapons and male + female costumes. For the Tales of Symphonia reward to be unlocked, there’s still a ways to go—the campaign is sitting at 3% as far as pre-orders that count toward Tier 3 go.

Tales of Zestiria will be released on October 20th on Steam. The game will also be released this October for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.

Read more stories about PC & Tales of Symphonia HD & Tales Of Zestiria on Siliconera.

Tales Of Vesperia On Sale For Under $5 On Xbox Live. July 21, 2015 . 11:15pm

Microsoft has Tales of Vesperia and other Bandai Namco titles on sale this week.
You can get Yuri and Flynn’s story for $4.94 or $3.74 if you’re an Xbox Live Gold member.

Microsoft has Tales of Vesperia and other Bandai Namco titles on sale this week. You can get Yuri and Flynn’s story for $4.94 or $3.74 if you’re an Xbox Live Gold member. Eternal Sonata, a JRPG from tri-Crescendo where you enter Chopin’s dream world, is just $5.99 or $5.09 for Gold members.
Dragon Ball Xenoverse, Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution, Digimon All-Star Rumble, and the Dark Souls series are also discounted this week. Check out the full list of games and discounts here.

Read more stories about Eternal Sonata & Tales of Vesperia & Xbox 360 on Siliconera.

This was also just put up below

Tales Of Series Gives Hello Kitty A Hug. July 22, 2015 . 12:58am

The Tales series turns 20 this year and Sanrio is joining in on the celebration. Hello Kitty has a crossover with Bandai Namco’s Tales series.

The Tales series turns 20 this year and Sanrio is joining in on the celebration. Hello Kitty has a crossover with Bandai Namco’s Tales series. Visitors at the Tales of 20th Anniversary Museum, which opens on August 7 in Akihabara UDX will be able to get Hello Kitty crossover goodies.

One illustration is from Tales of Xillia which has Milla Maxwell hugging a Hello Kitty doll dressed as Jude. The Tales of Xillia 2 illustration shows Elle Mel Mata playing with a Ludger Hello Kitty. The latest game in the series, Tales of Zestiria, has Edna with a Sorey Hello Kitty.

The Tales of 20th Anniversary museum will be open until August 23.

Read more stories about Tales of Xillia & Tales of Xillia 2 & Tales Of Zestiria on Siliconera.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to Zestiria.

but wasn't there some controversy about one of the main female characters being advertised for the game, but then she was saved for DLC or something?

I'm looking forward to Zestiria.

but wasn't there some controversy about one of the main female characters being advertised for the game, but then she was saved for DLC or something?
yeah there was .

English video are up

PlayStation 4
First English PS4 footage of Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, Tales of Zestiria, more
Published 2 hours ago. 108 comments.

An off-screen look at Bandai Namco's upcoming lineup.

Digimon-PS4-Gameplay_08-28-15.jpg

First English PlayStation 4 gameplay footage of Bandai Namco’s upcoming PlayStation 4 games, including Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth and Tales of Zestiria, have surfaced via a recent Bandai Namco hands-on event in Brazil.
Watch the videos below.
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth

[YT]9oawayAGo28[/YT]
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4

[YT]8nCJp-Vi1Qg[/YT]
Saint Seiya: Soldiers’ Soul

[YT]r09JbdjYk0A[/YT]
Sword Art Online: Lost Song

[YT]HYsVRSQy3S0[/YT]

Tales of Zestiria

[YT]ubXgAAoiJ4I[/YT]

[YT]uouIBkki9wk[/YT]

[YT]KljwF7tv_5g[/YT]
Thanks, NeoGAF.

Read More

PlayStation 4, Artdink, Clips, CyberConnect2, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, Dimps, Gameplay, Media Vision, Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4, RPG, Saint Seiya: Soldiers' Soul, Sword Art Online: Lost Song, Tales, Tales of Zestiria

Tales Of Zestiria Locked At 30fps On PCs. September 16, 2015 . 10:30am

The framerate for Tales of Zestiria will be locked in at 30fps to optimize performance.

Bandai Namco has decided to go into detail to describe exactly why Tales of Zestiria looks the way that it does on the Windows PC, as well as detail specific options that could improve upon the game and cause visual variations between the computer and console versions of the game.

The Windows PC version of Tales of Zestiria will support up to 4K resolutions, and will run at 1920×1080 as a base. Low, medium, and high anti-aliasing, shadow, and texture options will be available, to allow for more or less detail in action. The computer version also has a better draw distance, starting at twice that of the PlayStation 3 iteration of the game, and also offering a far option in the menu.

Bandai Namco also revealed the framerate for the Windows PC version of Tales of Zestiria. It will be locked at 30fps. The company went on to explain that the decision was made after seeing the effect framerate had on animations, battles, and general difficulty.

Tales of Zestiria will be released on October 20 on the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and Windows PC. The PlayStation 4 version will be $59.99, while the PlayStation 3 and Windows PC versions will be $49.99. The system requirements for the computer release were revealed back in June.

Read more stories about Bandai Namco & Tales Of Zestiria & Windows PC on Siliconera.

See Tales Of Zestiria And Tales Of Symphonia HD Played On A PC. September 25, 2015 . 10:45am

Bandai Namco’s European branch showed footage of the PC versions of both Tales of Zestiria and Tales of Symphonia HD.

[YT]TLVcF7llfx8[/YT] On September 24, Bandai Namco&#8217;s European branch hosted a livestream on Twitch for Tales of Zestiria. Isshak Gravi, the official <i>Tales of</i> Community Manager for the company, and Koyo, the <i>Tales of</i> Ambassador for 2015, hopped on Twitch to play both Tales of Zestiria and Tales of Symphonia HD for an hour and a half event.

The livestream presentation was notable in that it presented the first look at the Windows PC ports of both Tales of Zestiria and Tales of Symphonia HD. It&#8217;s a spoiler-free experience, with the Tales of Zestiria footage beginning at the 7 minute, 40 second mark, showing off the conflict between peoples and battle against the Minotaurus.

The Tales of Symphonia HD footage begins at the 1 hour, 13 minute, 40 second mark. Gravi and Koyo begin at the start of the game, and get to a bit after the point where Kratos joins the party.

Tales of Zestiria will come to the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and Windows PC on October 20. Tales of Symphonia HD will come to Windows PCs in 2016.

Read more stories about Tales of Symphonia HD & Tales Of Zestiria & Windows PC on Siliconera.

also with

Learn Your Enemy&#8217;s Weaknesses To Succeed In Tales of Zestiria

By Douglas . September 25, 2015 . 6:00pm The battle system in Tales of Zestiria feels like one of the biggest changes in Tales games for a while.

The battle system in Tales of Zestiria feels like one of the biggest changes in Tales games for a while. While Tales of Graces F lent on the more technical side and Tales of Xillia was on the simpler side, they were both fairly fast paced systems. Tales of Zestiria feels slower and requires more thought and planning in battle instead of just spamming your most powerful artes. There&#8217;s three types of artes in Zestiria: Martial, Hidden and Seraphic. These artes function in a rock, paper, scissors type system. Hidden artes can interrupt martial artes, martial artes can interrupt seraphic artes and seraphic artes can interrupt hidden artes. If you attack an enemy with the wrong type of arte, you&#8217;ll be the one who&#8217;s interrupted, leaving you vulnerable to the enemies attacks. As things progress, Sorey can eventually armitize with seraphim party members, fusing with them and becoming much more powerful. This changes Sorey&#8217;s appearance and the artes he can perform, such as being able to perform seraphic artes. This also allows him to perform a burst arte using the R2 button.

In past games, the right stick was used as additional set of shortcuts for your artes but this has now been replaced with orders you can issue to your party. Pushing up tells the party to charge and pushing down tells them to defend. Push right and the party will attack your enemy and pushing left will tell the party to spread out and attack. While I always found the right stick shortcuts very handy in past games, I can understand why the switch was made. From what I played, I feel there&#8217;s less emphasis on chaining artes together and instead on building up your combos. As you&#8217;re exploring the world Tales of Zestiria has to offer, you&#8217;ll notice monoliths dotted around. These monoliths provide a sort of mini tutorial detailing specific aspects of the systems in place in Zestiria. Each one you read gives you additional AP to use in battle actions. Battle Actions are essentially the skill system that is in Xillia. Each battle actions requires a certain amount of AP and the actions themselves include Auto Guard and Auto Backstep (though there is a limit of five uses in one battle on each of these).

In Xillia, as you were travelling around the map, every time you interacted with something be it a chest or a resource point, it became marked on your map which for those who like to keep track of where they have and haven&#8217;t been was a feature I really appreciated. Tales of Zestiria does things a little differently however. Your party has a set of support talents and each character has their own set of what they can and can&#8217;t do. Sorey for example, by default, has point of interest detection set. So when wondering around the map, Sorey will point out and mark certain things on the map (usually Monoliths) but other skills include chest detection, recover health and prepare snacks.

Tales of Zestiria is part of the Tales Of 20th Anniversary and it certainly feels a title that celebrates what has made the series so popular. The gameplay upgrades such as the seamless cutscenes and battles feel like a good foundation for future games and I do hope Tales of Berseria builds on what Zestiria has to offer. While the gameplay feels much more modern, the setting and lore feel like they&#8217;ve come straight from earlier Tales games featuring a more traditional fantasy look.
=
Read more stories about PC & PlayStation 3 & PlayStation 4 & Tales Of Zestiria on Siliconera.

Way more image's in the second article it's self

Last edited:

Tales of Zestiria’s Alisha’s Story DLC Temporarily Free For Windows PCs. October 23, 2015 . 10:00am

Bandai Namco is giving away the additional Alisha story DLC for Tales of Zestiria until November 17.

One of Tales of Zestiria’s add-ons is an additional story for Alisha Dipha, a Hyland Kingdom knight. She’s one of Sorey’s companions in the main game, but is the star of the Alisha’s Story: The Strength of a Knight DLC. Fortunately for Windows PC owners, Bandai Namco is giving away the Alisha’s Story Additional Chapter add-on for a limited time.

Until November 19, people can claim a Steam code for Alisha’s adventure in Tales of Zestiria by visiting Bandai Namco. You must have a Bandai Namco account, but do not have to be a European resident. You also do not need to provide proof of ownership of the game to Bandai Namco. The Steam code provided works with North American and European Steam accounts, but a person must own Tales of Zestiria before it can be redeemed.

PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 owners of the game in Europe, Australasia, Africa, and the Middle East can also receive this DLC for free through the Bandai Namco website. People in North America can download this episode for free through the PlayStation Store without an additional code.

Alisha’s adventure is set after the events of Tales of Zestiria. The free download through Bandai Namco also includes a Green Herbs of Goodness add-on. Tales of Zestiria is immediately available for Windows PCs for $49.99, as well as the PlayStation 4 for $59.99.

Read more stories about Bandai Namco & Tales Of Zestiria & Windows PC on Siliconera.

Customization, Weapon Fusion And Collecting Normin In Tales Of Zestiria. October 27, 2015 . 6:00pm

Tales of Zestiria also allows you to customize your party with battle actions and equipment skills which used together,
replace the skill system of previous titles.

Recent Tales games have been fairly good in the respect of letting the player dictate how they want to play, which is always a welcome feature in a fifty hour RPG. There’s the things you’ve come to expect like choosing your difficulty level, you can change it at any time and it goes both ways so you can make the game harder or easier as you see fit. Tales of Zestiria also comes across as being very self aware about its battle system being a slower and more technical one compared to others in the series. Dotted around the map are monoliths that once accessed, will drip feed you battle advice and will steadily explain the game’s mechanics. Zestiria also allows you to customize your party with battle actions and equipment skills which used together, replace the skill system of previous titles. The battle actions enable some extra abilities to use in battle, some of the effects are passive and some you have to activate yourself.

If you’re struggling to cope with the battle system, there’s a small selection of auto actions suited to help you, such as Auto Guard or Auto Sidestep. They’ll work up to five times in one battle automatically, at the cost of halving your battle grade. This also lets you see how they’re used in battle and can help you learn some of the timings of when to dodge, guard and so forth. If you want more of a challenge, some battle actions can only be unlocked by playing the game on the harder difficulties. Some of the battle actions are pretty essential such as Aerial Recovery which lets you land on your feet after being knocked back in battle. Another I found helpful was Free & Free which sets free run as the default movement option in battle. To me, it made more sense given the way battles take place now.

While still in the early areas of the game, you’ll be introduced to the Normin. There’s 50 of these little guys dotted around the game for you to find and collect. Each Normin is named after an equipment skill and when you find one, you can choose which piece of equipment you want their skill added to. After that, they await you to assign them to a Lord of the Land so enemies are more likely to drop equipment with their skill already attached. In Tales of Zestiria, the skills your equipment have can be stacked or grouped together to further improve that skill’s benefits. Also, you’ll find that you’ll earn lots of equipment just from regular battles and the purpose of this is all down to the fact Zestiria lets you fuse together your equipment to create more powerful versions.

Now when you first see this big 5 x 10 equipment skills grid, it can be a little overwhelming thinking about how you should be planning out your skills to maximize the benefits. While I’m simplifying it here, basically the skills attached to every piece of your equipment will have a place in this grid. If you have equipment with the same skill, they will stack and give you an additional bonus skill. The more of the same skill you have stacked, the more substantial the final effect will be. Next, if you’ve two more skills lined up horizontally, you’ll also get a bonus skill. Now each horizontal line has an element assigned to it and your bonus skill will be an additional resistance to that particular element.

There’s a similar bonus for lining them up virtually though it requires you to fill the line completely with all five skills. Instead of having an element assigned to it, each vertical line has a battle category such as Status, HP or SC and your bonus skill boosts that parameter. Now I wouldn’t worry too much about trying to gain the bonuses as more often than not, you’ll gain them without really trying. I even managed to get one of the vertical bonuses just by trying out different equipment randomly and once you earn them, it makes more of aware of their benefits and you’ll be more inclined to get even more skill boosts.

Players Summoning Tales Of Zestiria Mods. October 29, 2015 . 1:30pm

A little over a week after its release, fans are already working on various mods for Tales of Zestiria that tweak its gameplay.

When it comes to Windows PC games, people have a way of putting together mods for even the most unexpected titles. It doesn’t matter if the official support is there or not, fans find a way. Tales of Zestiria is a perfect example. It’s only been out since October 19, but people have found a way to start tweaking the title to suit their likings.
[YT]zwmmPhaAmS4[/YT]

For example, there’s already a Tales of Zestiria and Persona 3: FES mashup. A user by the name of Naxshe looked at the opening movie for the Tales game, decided “P3 FES,” the opening theme for Persona 3: FES by Yumi Kawamura and Lotus Juice, would go better with it than Superfly’s “White Light.” The result is the mod above, which replaces the original opening with another. The link to the download is on Naxshe’s YouTube page.

Here’s the original Tales of Zestiria opening, in comparison.
[YT]DSQV-NkWGOk[/YT]

This isn’t the only Tales of Zestiria cosmetic change among the initial round of mods. A Steam user by the name of Crache has put together a Visual Revamp Mod. This mod adjusts the shading in the game, to make cinematics, maps, and general gameplay. It adjusts game textures, adds camera effects, improves highlights and shadows for better accents, and can be turned on and off in-game by pressing the scroll lock.
To show the difference Crache’s mod makes, here are some comparison screenshots that were taken by the user in-game. The images on the left don’t use the mod and ones on the right do.

The final mod that people can grab for Tales of Zestiria right now is one that adds a noise whenever someone earns a Steam achievement in-game from Kaldaien. It’s based on a Batman: Arkham Knight audio mod that performed in the same way, and lets people know when they’ve done something by playing the PlayStation Network trophy notification noise.

Installing each of these Tales of Zestiria mods is easy, though it is advisable to backup game saves before installing any of them. While within Steam, right click on the game’s name in your library. From there, select Properties, head to the Local Files tab, and choose to Browse Local Files. In each case, it’s a matter of dragging and dropping the mod files into that folder.

No costume mods have been released for Tales of Zestiria as of yet, and there also aren’t any sort of trainers available. In the meantime, this may be a title to watch for future updates from innovative fans who enjoy the franchise.

Read more stories about Bandai Namco & Mods & Tales Of Zestiria & Windows PC on Siliconera.

Fan Mod Allows Tales Of Zestiria To Run At 60 FPS. November 16, 2015 . 10:30am

A mod created by fans has removed the 30 FPS cap on Tales of Zestiria.
[YT]S_63xeO-8KI[/YT]
Tales of Zestiria normally runs at 30 FPS on Windows PCs, due to Bandai Namco stating it was the optimal setting to ensure the game runs at its best and there are no technical issues. However, a collective fan patch with work from Kaldaien, DrDaxxy, and Durante has been updated with DrDaxxy’s fix to bring Tales of Zestiria up to 60 FPS.

The Tales of Zestiria frame rate fix came when the patch reached v.1.0.0. this past weekend. It also included fixes Kaldaien developed during the course of the Fallout 4 stutter fix project, adding VSYNC Override, Triple Buffering Override, and adding a Pre-Rendered Frame Limit. The patch also adds a frame rate counter, will take screenshots when achievements are earned, and fixes the audio and aspect ratio.

Prior to installing, people will want to back up their Tales of Zestiria saves. Then, they’ll need to download the mod and put the d3d9.dll, d3d9.ini, and tzfix.dll files in SteamApps/common/Tales of Zestiria. The game should then acknowledge the additions and performance will change accordingly.

Tales of Zestiria has been available for Windows PCs since October 19.

Industry
Tales Channel+ counting down to Tales of series’ 20th anniversary
Published 10 hours ago. 83 comments.

Countdown ends December 15.

http://tales-ch.jp/
Tales Channel+, the official Tales of series web portal, has begun a new countdown—counting down the days left “until something happens”—featuring the protagonists of the series.
The 16th day started (and passed) with Sorey from Tales of Zestiria, and is counting down the protagonists from there. (Games Talk managed to get a hold of the countdown images up until eight days remain.) For example:

• Day 15 – Ludger from Tales of Xillia 2
  • Day 14 – Jude and Milla from Tales of Xillia
  • Day 13 – Asbel from Tales of Graces
  • Day 12 – Kor from Tales of Hearts
  • Day 11 – Yuri from Tales of Vesperia
  • Day 10 – Emil from Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
  • Day 9 – Luca from Tales of Innocence
  • Day 8 – Caius from Tales of the Tempest
The countdown ends on December 15, the 20th anniversary of the Tales of series. (The first game, Tales of Phantasia, launched for Super Famicom on December 15, 1995.)

Read More

Industry, Bandai Namco, Countdowns, RPG, Tales, Website

Industry
Bandai Namco trademarks Tales of Zestiria the X, Tales of the Rays in Europe
Published 11 hours ago. 198 comments.

The title of the Tales of 20th anniversary anime?

ToZ-the-X-TM-Rays.jpg

Bandai Namco has filed trademarks for “Tales of Zestiria the X” and “Tales of the Rays” in Europe.

“Tales of Zestiria the X” might be the official name for the 20th anniversary Tales of TV anime announced back in June.
“Tales of the Rays,” however, we’re uncertain.

Bandai Namco will host a Tales of 20th anniversary party live stream event tomorrow. There’s already a new game, Tales of Berseria, in development for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3. Perhaps we’ll hear more about that, as well as these two trademarks, during the broadcast.

Read More

Industry, Bandai Namco, Europe, RPG, Tales, Tales of Zestiria, Trademarks

Tales of the Rays Announced For Smartphone. December 15, 2015 . 12:34am

Bandai Namco announced the latest smartphone game for the Tales series with Tales of the Rays, which also got its first teaser trailer.

Bandai Namco announced the latest smartphone game for the Tales series with Tales of the Rays, which also got its first teaser trailer.

Tales of the Rays is an RPG, and will release for Android and iPhone, according to its official website.

Read more stories about Android & iPhone & Tales of the Rays on Siliconera.
Industry
Tales of series worldwide shipments top 16 million
Published 2 hours ago. 45 comments.
Tales of Destiny-themed pachinko machine announced.

Tales-Shipments-16-Million.jpg

Total worldwide shipments for the Tales of series have topped 16 million, Bandai Namco announced.

The Tales of series began in 1995 with the launch of Tales of Phantasia. There have been 17 main entries and the next, Tales of Berseria, is slated to launch for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 in Japan next year. If you missed it, watch the latest trailer here.

There have also been a number of spin-offs.

The shipment news comes via an announcement for a Tales of-themed pachinko machine, CR Tales of Destiny, which will begin operation

throughout Japan in February 2016.

Read More

Industry, Bandai Namco, RPG, Sales, Tales

source: Siliconera & Gematsu

Last edited:

PC
Tales of Symphonia for PC launch trailer
Published 12 hours ago. 103 comments.

PC release due out via Steam on February 2.

Symphonia-PC-Launch-PV.jpg

Bandai Namco has released the launch trailer for the PC version of Tales of Symphonia, which will launch via Steam on February 2.
Here’s a brief overview, via the Steam page:
The Epic Battle for Survival
In a dying world, legend has it that a Chosen One will one day rise from amongst the people and the land will be reborn. The line between good and evil blurs in this epic adventure where the fate of two interlocked worlds hangs in the balance.

• An Epic Adventure – Over 80 hours of gameplay in this epic, emotionally charged storyline.
  • Real-Time 3D Battle System – One of the fiercest, most action-packed battle systems ever created where up to 4 players can fight simultaneously. Combine hundreds of special attacks and magic spells.
  • A 3D Masterpiece – Enter a world of high quality anime cut scenes and become absorbed in endearing cel-shaded characters designed by renowned artist Kosuke Fujishima
Watch the trailer below.

[YT]DXt2RmwW9sI[/YT]
Read More

PC, Bandai Namco, Clips, RPG, Tales, Tales of Symphonia, Trailers

Anime
Tales of Zestiria the X anime airs in July

Published 16 hours ago. 100 comments.

Fhana to sing the ending theme song.

ToZ-the-X-July-Ann.jpg

The Tales of series 20th anniversary anime project Tales of Zestiria the X will begin airing in July, Bandai Namco announced.

Additionally, the company revealed that the game&#8217;s ending theme song will be sung by Japanese pop band Fhana, who said it was created with the feeling that they were on a journey with Sorey and his party.

If you missed it, catch the anime&#8217;s first trailer here.

Read More

Anime, Bandai Namco, Release Dates, Tales of Zestiria the X

Switch
[FONT=&quot]Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, Tales of series, Taiko Drum Master series, more coming to Switch[/FONT]
Published 1 hour ago. 35 comments.
Bandai Namco announces Switch support.
DBXV2-Switch-Ann.jpg
Ads by Kiosked
Bandai Namco has announced it is bringing Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 to Switch. A release date has not been decided.

The company also said it has plans to bring the Tales of series, Taiko Drum Master series, and more (further series not named) to the platform one after the other.

Update 1:05 a.m.: Here is the U.S. press release:
Bandai Entertainment America Inc. Confirms Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (Working Title) Coming to Nintendo Switch in the Americas, with Tales of and Taiko Drum Master in Development
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (Working Title), the most expansive Dragon Ball videogame experience to-date, will be making its way to the Nintendo Switch™ system for the Americas. Nintendo Switch players will be able to experience many of the adventures and epic battles that make up the heart of the Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2 gameplay experience. Nintendo Switch players can also look forward to sharing their Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 experience through local co-op gameplay, enabling players to share their Dragon Ball adventure with friends. Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. will share more details soon regarding the debut of Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (Working Title) on the Nintendo Switch. Stay tuned!

Read More

Switch, Bandai Namco, Dimps, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017

Industry
[FONT=&quot]Tales of Festival 2017 dated for June 2 to 4[/FONT]

Published 2 hours ago. 28 comments.
What's in store for the 10th Tales of Festival?

Tales-Fes-2017-Dates-Ann.jpg

Tales of Festival 2017 will run from June 2 to 4 at the Yokohama Arena main hall, Bandai Namco announced.

This year marks the annual event’s 10th festival. The first Tales of Festival was held in 2008 at the Bunkyo Civic Hall grand hall.

Tales Channel+, Bandai Namco’s official Tales of series website, is hosting a character popularity poll until April 30 at 23:59 JST, the results of which will be announced at Tales of Festival 2017. In addition to an overall character popularity vote, it also has separate categories for the most ppoular mascot character, enemy character, and character you want to see brought back.

The latest entry in the Tales of series, Tales of Berseria, was released in Japan in August 2016, and just launched in North America and Europe this week. Tales of Berseria was announced at Tales of Festival 2015, so perhaps we’ll see the announcement of a new Tales of title.

Read More

Industry, Bandai Namco, Tales, Tales of Festival 2017

An Unannounced Tales of Game Appears To Be Headed To Switch In Japan In 2017. May 11, 2017 . 9:15am

Bandai Namco recently released its financial results for the fiscal year ended on March 31, 2017, where they shared some business moves they have planned for the year, including a Tales of release on Switch.

168 comments Read >

Bandai Namco recently released its financial results for the fiscal year ended on March 31, 2017, where they shared some business moves they have planned for the year, including a Tales of release on Switch. [Thanks, Game Jouhou.]

The above is basically a look at what Bandai Namco has planned out for 2017’s network entertainment. Under “network contents” it shows their plans to continue maintaining and expanding smartphone titles on a worldwide scale with Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle, One Piece Treasure Cruise, and Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag.

Under console games, it shows their plans for two major worldwide console releases with Tekken 7 and Ace Combat 7. It also says they’re looking to take on the challenge of making a game from an overseas IP.

And finally, the last part shows plans for releasing games on a new platform, the Nintendo Switch. It has Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and Taiko no Tatsujin, but we’ve already known that they’re getting new Switch games in 2017. The new part here is where it’s listed as “Tales of series” beneath the two for Switch in 2017.

However, a Tales of has been listed as “TBD” since January when Nintendo shared some of the upcoming games and series that are expected to release titles for their new consoles. That said, with a 2017 release window for a new Tales of game, we can expect to see some kind of Switch port given that they won’t likely reveal a brand new Mothership title later and have it ready on time for a release within the year.

Perhaps we’ll hear about a Tales of Berseria Switch version at Tales of Festival 2017, which takes place from June 2 through 4 in Japan.

Read more stories about Bandai Namco & Nintendo Switch & tales of on Siliconera.

source:
Siliconera

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"