The Official Trailer #2 Discussion Thread.

Discussion in 'Transformers' started by SuperJediHero, Nov 25, 2006.

1. 3 Dev Adam I AM THE GREEN VENOM!

Wrong Gordon. I have this one and another, better edition from Italy.

2. IKnowSomeJudo Registered

Sure, I've heard of them. I've even heard of THX 1138. Still, it's "original" in a sense that it doesn't rip off a movie that's been released a couple years earlier, cause that's really what we're talking about here. If you're gonna be unoriginal, at least be "classic" about it.
    It's not really being defensive so much as pointing out that Matrix is hardly something to admire as far as originality goes, but again then you already acknowledge this, so that's that.

3. xwolverine2 Arkham Assassin

yeah cause nobody wears martial artsy clothes in a dojo!:wow:

they wore uniforms because they couldnt be different...remember?...hence the no color policy.

im sorry but you make no sense:huh:

4. DorkyFresh Sum Dum Goy

once again...Kurt Wimmer (same director) came out with Ultraviolet which has heavy Aeon Flux influence all over it along with a ripped off intro from Spider-Man....so why is it so hard to think that Wimmer might've drawn heavy influence from the Matrix while directing Equilibrium?

i suppose having a fight scene inside of a futuristic GYM with athletic clothing instead of a futuristic DOJO with martial arts clothing for the sake of not coming off as biting from the Matrix IS a hard concept to grasp *note my sarcasm* :rolleyes:

5. 3 Dev Adam I AM THE GREEN VENOM!

They already did that on GODZILLA: FINAL WARS.:trans:

6. CFlash Registered

Yeah... I just don't see the gunfighting in Equilibrium being anything like The Matrix. They were both so-called stylized movies and both involved fighting. Pretty much that's it.

7. CFlash Registered

You forgot to mention Brave New World... which Equilibrium is actually MORE inspired by (use of drugs, etc)... which itself was based on prior books by other others.

For sure Equilibrium borrowed the Utopian society and Big Brother idea from 1984. But tons of works, books, and short stories were based on these concepts in the 1920's even BEFORE "1984" came out in 1948. So who made who?

Because you're using the the word "ripped off" way wrong.

Or it could have been inspired by a scene in Star Trek The Next Generation where Riker fights with his father in the Holodeck? Anbo-jitsu... the ultimate evolution of martial arts!

8. DorkyFresh Sum Dum Goy

rip-off, bite off, influence....all the same thing

it could HAVE. we'll never know unless we speak with Wimmer, but considering Ultraviolet was heavily influenced by Aeon Flux and Spider-Man's intro....i'd be willing to bet EQ took influences from the Matrix as well.

9. xwolverine2 Arkham Assassin

ugh.... now ultraviolet ripped off Aeon Flux....

the crazyness never ends....

10. DOG LIPS El Señor Presidente

Fraggle Rock ripped off Muppets!! :cmad:

11. Theweepeople Registered

The snorks ripped off the smurfs!!!

Transformers ripped off Go-bots?

Go-bots ripped off Transformers?

Which came first?:hyper:

12. CFlash Registered

I think everybody can agree that The Matrix influenced Equilibrium (what action movie hasn't it influenced?).
    But to say that it was a "rip off".... heck no! If anything, as much as I love The Matrix (and I do love it), it's the one that "ripped off" anything... in this case, Dark City.

Get off the drugs DorkyFresh.

13. ixtraker Registered

...........wait a second; now that i realize by the footage..........the whole "THE ARC" concept, is not going to be in the movie?

14. Spade Seeking new challengers

Not in the least. They're going with a new concept- they arrive via protoforms that are basically morphed versions of their Cybertronian forms. They then scan their environment for objects such as vehicles to disguise themselves with, as opposed to The Ark doing so for them. A great idea, in my book, to save time...if there was actually a definitive difference between their stylized Cybertronian look and the ones on Earth, that is.

15. DorkyFresh Sum Dum Goy

drugs aren't what's wrong with me :woot:

16. Avangarde Avan a Good Time

Are they not done by the same people ie Jim Henderson?

17. Spark Registered

Henson, and yes they are.

18. *Dead*End* Jesus Christ = my Saviour

What's this thread about anyway? I always see it at the top [then again, I forgot to look if it's been stickied] . . . oh yes, it's the post-trailer-#2 thoughts, and dicussion . . . I remember now.

Everytime I peek into this thread it seems off topic, so I go to another one. This time I didn't care . . . just'd like to say that I watch the trailer at least 3 - 5 times a day. If everyone on here did this, would the hosting sites notice the amounts of hits increase?

I don't mind engraving each frame, each millisecond of sound into my optics, and audio sensors before the movie comes out . . . I did that with TPM, and went to see it 7 times on the big screen [AOTC 4x, and ROTS 2x], TRANSFORMERS will be my new STAR WARS. Not saying that they [TFs] will replace good ol' SW, but TF I know I will love more than JP, or SM [not a fan of LOTR or HP . . . did read Tolkien's books though].

I know this post is such a rant/rave-all-over-the-place, but thanks for reading it anyways. :oldrazz:

19. *Dead*End* Jesus Christ = my Saviour

Oh yes, on a side note I'd like to add that I only saw the first HP, and never read the books, and also that I plan on breaking my record of seeing a film in the cinema with TRANSFORMERS, anyone else thinks along those lines?

20. user123456789 Registered

any pics of meg?

and TFs were never susceptible to human weapons?

21. CFlash Registered

1) Megatron: http://www.smellybean.com/ViewPic.jsp?PicID=1760
    2) As far as I can remember, up until the intro of the villain/heroine "Circuit Breaker," the TF's were impervious to all human weapons... save for some super-massive assault (like I think happened in the G.I. Joe crossover).

22. Hulktified Registered

[​IMG]
    Jesus, is that really what Megs is gonna look like? that's horrible. overly detailed in a totally mangled way. I can't even make out a face on the guy. this must be the mangled mess that emerges from the pool in the trailer. wow, I don't know how they coulda come to this conclusion. at least Prime looks good.

23. Spade Seeking new challengers

Ironhide is the "mangled mess". The completed version of Megatron is one step below that, and equals out in this film with Starscream for the "worst new-age rendition of a Transformer" award.

24. 3 Dev Adam I AM THE GREEN VENOM!

We have to remember that Megatron's been locked in an army bunker for, like, a gazillion decades and slowly stripped of his components, being reverse-engineered and stuff. I wouldn't expect him to look polishiney either.

25. xwolverine2 Arkham Assassin

im interested in seeing how the hands work exactly...... and his gun of course