Transformers The Official Trailer #2 Discussion Thread.

Avangarde X said:
Fleshgordon.jpg

Wrong Gordon. I have this one and another, better edition from Italy.

DorkyFresh said:
:o :whatever: i guess you've never heard of Nineteen Eighty Four, Fahrenheit 451, or Logan's Run then...
Sure, I've heard of them. I've even heard of THX 1138. Still, it's "original" in a sense that it doesn't rip off a movie that's been released a couple years earlier, cause that's really what we're talking about here. If you're gonna be unoriginal, at least be "classic" about it.
i never said they didn't and i've already admitted that the Matrix has ripped off of other things. why are you people so defensive about Equilibrium? it's as much of a rip off of things as much as the Matrix is...
It's not really being defensive so much as pointing out that Matrix is hardly something to admire as far as originality goes, but again then you already acknowledge this, so that's that.

DorkyFresh said:
just because EQ didn't have a dojo scene that looked EXACTLY like the dojo scene from Matrix doesn't mean that it wasn't influenced. that fight didn't have to take place in a dojo while they were wearing martial artsy uniforms (ala Matrix). it could've taken place in a futuristic gym with workout clothes.
yeah cause nobody wears martial artsy clothes in a dojo!:wow:

they wore uniforms because they couldnt be different...remember?...hence the no color policy.

im sorry but you make no sense:huh:

IKnowSomeJudo said:
Still, it's "original" in a sense that it doesn't rip off a movie that's been released a couple years earlier, cause that's really what we're talking about here. If you're gonna be unoriginal, at least be "classic" about it.
once again...Kurt Wimmer (same director) came out with Ultraviolet which has heavy Aeon Flux influence all over it along with a ripped off intro from Spider-Man....so why is it so hard to think that Wimmer might've drawn heavy influence from the Matrix while directing Equilibrium?

xwolverine2 said:
im sorry but you make no sense:huh:
i suppose having a fight scene inside of a futuristic GYM with athletic clothing instead of a futuristic DOJO with martial arts clothing for the sake of not coming off as biting from the Matrix IS a hard concept to grasp *note my sarcasm* :rolleyes:

DorkyFresh said:
i suppose having a fight scene inside of a futuristic GYM with athletic clothing instead of a futuristic DOJO with martial arts clothing for the sake of not coming off as biting from the Matrix IS a hard concept to grasp *note my sarcasm* :rolleyes:

They already did that on GODZILLA: FINAL WARS.:trans:

xwolverine2 said:
umm........ no.

like what!?:huh: ........ bullet time?...nope none there..... wirefu?....nope none there, even if they did the matrix didnt invent it....... gun kata?.....nope not in matrix.......

yeah....... NO

Yeah... I just don't see the gunfighting in Equilibrium being anything like The Matrix. They were both so-called stylized movies and both involved fighting. Pretty much that's it.

DorkyFresh said:
:o :whatever: i guess you've never heard of Nineteen Eighty Four, Fahrenheit 451, or Logan's Run then...

You forgot to mention Brave New World... which Equilibrium is actually MORE inspired by (use of drugs, etc)... which itself was based on prior books by other others.

For sure Equilibrium borrowed the Utopian society and Big Brother idea from 1984. But tons of works, books, and short stories were based on these concepts in the 1920's even BEFORE "1984" came out in 1948. So who made who?

DorkyFresh said:
i never said they didn't and i've already admitted that the Matrix has ripped off of other things. why are you people so defensive about Equilibrium? it's as much of a rip off of things as much as the Matrix is...

Because you're using the the word "ripped off" way wrong.

DorkyFresh said:
just because EQ didn't have a dojo scene that looked EXACTLY like the dojo scene from Matrix doesn't mean that it wasn't influenced. that fight didn't have to take place in a dojo while they were wearing martial artsy uniforms (ala Matrix). it could've taken place in a futuristic gym with workout clothes.

Or it could have been inspired by a scene in Star Trek The Next Generation where Riker fights with his father in the Holodeck? Anbo-jitsu... the ultimate evolution of martial arts!

CFlash said:
Because you're using the the word "ripped off" way wrong.
rip-off, bite off, influence....all the same thing

Or it could have been inspired by a scene in Star Trek The Next Generation where Riker fights with his father in the Holodeck? Anbo-jitsu... the ultimate evolution of martial arts!
it could HAVE. we'll never know unless we speak with Wimmer, but considering Ultraviolet was heavily influenced by Aeon Flux and Spider-Man's intro....i'd be willing to bet EQ took influences from the Matrix as well.

ugh.... now ultraviolet ripped off Aeon Flux....

the crazyness never ends....

The snorks ripped off the smurfs!!!

Transformers ripped off Go-bots?

Go-bots ripped off Transformers?

Which came first?:hyper:

I think everybody can agree that The Matrix influenced Equilibrium (what action movie hasn't it influenced?).
But to say that it was a "rip off".... heck no! If anything, as much as I love The Matrix (and I do love it), it's the one that "ripped off" anything... in this case, Dark City.

Get off the drugs DorkyFresh.

...........wait a second; now that i realize by the footage..........the whole "THE ARC" concept, is not going to be in the movie?

ixtraker said:
...........wait a second; now that i realize by the footage..........the whole "THE ARC" concept, is not going to be in the movie?

Not in the least. They're going with a new concept- they arrive via protoforms that are basically morphed versions of their Cybertronian forms. They then scan their environment for objects such as vehicles to disguise themselves with, as opposed to The Ark doing so for them. A great idea, in my book, to save time...if there was actually a definitive difference between their stylized Cybertronian look and the ones on Earth, that is.

What's this thread about anyway? I always see it at the top [then again, I forgot to look if it's been stickied] . . . oh yes, it's the post-trailer-#2 thoughts, and dicussion . . . I remember now.

Everytime I peek into this thread it seems off topic, so I go to another one. This time I didn't care . . . just'd like to say that I watch the trailer at least 3 - 5 times a day. If everyone on here did this, would the hosting sites notice the amounts of hits increase?

I don't mind engraving each frame, each millisecond of sound into my optics, and audio sensors before the movie comes out . . . I did that with TPM, and went to see it 7 times on the big screen [AOTC 4x, and ROTS 2x], TRANSFORMERS will be my new STAR WARS. Not saying that they [TFs] will replace good ol' SW, but TF I know I will love more than JP, or SM [not a fan of LOTR or HP . . . did read Tolkien's books though].

I know this post is such a rant/rave-all-over-the-place, but thanks for reading it anyways. :oldrazz:

Oh yes, on a side note I'd like to add that I only saw the first HP, and never read the books, and also that I plan on breaking my record of seeing a film in the cinema with TRANSFORMERS, anyone else thinks along those lines?

CFlash said:
Yes, they're brothers. And there's a lot more things he left out in that pretty on-point review that bothered me... like TF's being susceptible to human weapons.

My favorite part of the review was this:
[Megatron] soon thaws... and meets up with the rest of the Decepticons (Starscream, Devastator [a tank?!], Brawl, Soundwave, and some other second fiddle characters that never made an impression on me in the original cartoon).

Well, Soundwave and Devastator have been renamed. So pretty much the only recognizable Decepticons (in terms of pop culture) are Megatron and Starscream. The others are simply zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... second fiddle nobodies. IMHO the biggest mistake was leaving out Soundwave, Ravage(!), Lazerbeak, etc, and Starscream's comrades (Thundercracker and Skywarp).
any pics of meg?

and TFs were never susceptible to human weapons?

boyscouT said:
any pics of meg?

and TFs were never susceptible to human weapons?

1) Megatron: http://www.smellybean.com/ViewPic.jsp?PicID=1760
2) As far as I can remember, up until the intro of the villain/heroine "Circuit Breaker," the TF's were impervious to all human weapons... save for some super-massive assault (like I think happened in the G.I. Joe crossover).

Jesus, is that really what Megs is gonna look like? that's horrible. overly detailed in a totally mangled way. I can't even make out a face on the guy. this must be the mangled mess that emerges from the pool in the trailer. wow, I don't know how they coulda come to this conclusion. at least Prime looks good.

Ironhide is the "mangled mess". The completed version of Megatron is one step below that, and equals out in this film with Starscream for the "worst new-age rendition of a Transformer" award.

We have to remember that Megatron's been locked in an army bunker for, like, a gazillion decades and slowly stripped of his components, being reverse-engineered and stuff. I wouldn't expect him to look polishiney either.

im interested in seeing how the hands work exactly...... and his gun of course

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"