The Official UFO, Conspiracy Theories and Supernatural Thread

Image of "triangular UFO" from US Department of Defense:

6079730074da0300181e2092

Source: Pentagon Confirms Triangular UFO Video Is Real, Taken by Navy (businessinsider.com)

And the possible explanation:

FYI - Bokeh - Wikipedia

I'm not convinced by the "evidence" presented by media so far, but I admit it's remains unresolved mystery, which needs to be investigated further. The question is, is there some limit to how much we can investigate ?

However, many people and mainstream media are now reporting this..

As fascinating as these reveals are, I'm always perplexed by what exactly people expect to be revealed here..

If there are intelligent alien creatures visiting us from other worlds, I would think them to have technology that is superior enough that they're not about to crash land and be captured, but if they did they'd have a means of rescue.

Further to that, if by some small chance said creatures had interacted with our governments, our governments are never going to open up about it, and if there was ever one or two individuals that did, you can bet they'd be discredited or silenced.

There's only two ways we're ever going to know the truth for sure. The first one is if we, humanity start exploring the stars and discover them, or if they're out there and travel here to do something with us; wipe us out, enslave us, or just pop by for all of our resources.

That's fundamentally it.

As fascinating as these reveals are, I'm always perplexed by what exactly people expect to be revealed here..

If there are intelligent alien creatures visiting us from other worlds, I would think them to have technology that is superior enough that they're not about to crash land and be captured, but if they did they'd have a means of rescue.

Further to that, if by some small chance said creatures had interacted with our governments, our governments are never going to open up about it, and if there was ever one or two individuals that did, you can bet they'd be discredited or silenced.

There's only two ways we're ever going to know the truth for sure. The first one is if we, humanity start exploring the stars and discover them, or if they're out there and travel here to do something with us; wipe us out, enslave us, or just pop by for all of our resources.

That's fundamentally it.

If someone can get here, I doubt they are interested in our resources, need our labor, or have a particular desire to kill everything. Maybe they are waiting for civilization to develop before they contact us?

EDIT: Maybe they have a quality control program. LOL.

Last edited:
If someone can get here, I doubt they are interested in our resources, need our labor, or have a particular desire to kill everything. Maybe they are waiting for civilization to develop before they contact us?
That's something thank you very much. :p

Think of alien life from our perspective; when we get up there, and I have no doubt that we will, whilst we may be going around making friends, we're also going to want something out of it.

There's few places in the world now that we haven't left our touch, for better or worse, and that's likely what we'll end up doing out there too.

Why would they wipe us out? If they wanted our resources we could be a hindrance, so it's best to wipe out the natives before moving in and taking what they've got.

That's something thank you very much. :p

Think of alien life from our perspective; when we get up there, and I have no doubt that we will, whilst we may be going around making friends, we're also going to want something out of it.

There's few places in the world now that we haven't left our touch, for better or worse, and that's likely what we'll end up doing out there too.

Why would they wipe us out? If they wanted our resources we could be a hindrance, so it's best to wipe out the natives before moving in and taking what they've got.

I never knew you were such and optimist. LOL. I, on the other hand, consider them my brothers, sisters, and whatever other gender identification they prefer. You can leave me out of your "We" because the only thing "I" would want from them would be a pint of their beer and I'd bring the dartboard and pool table (remember, I'm an intergalactic traveler a la Stargate who has the energy resources to travel to distant lands). The wannabe anthropologist in me is going crazy right now.

@InCali I would love to be an optimist, but all around we see how cruel and devastating humanity can be; individuals can, and do - do good, but the powers, the corporations, the governments, the ones at the top of the chain who control the rest of us through various means, they're the ones I have little faith in, and yet they're the ones who'd be making the grand decisions that the rest of us would have to follow - typically out of fear that if we don't, we enact punishment.

One would hope that if we ever achieve intergalactic travel, our eyes will see more, and our minds will be enlightened that it's better to work toward something that benefits us as a species, rather than work for something that benefits the few.

@InCali I would love to be an optimist, but all around we see how cruel and devastating humanity can be; individuals can, and do - do good, but the powers, the corporations, the governments, the ones at the top of the chain who control the rest of us through various means, they're the ones I have little faith in, and yet they're the ones who'd be making the grand decisions that the rest of us would have to follow - typically out of fear that if we don't, we enact punishment.

One would hope that if we ever achieve intergalactic travel, our eyes will see more, and our minds will be enlightened that it's better to work toward something that benefits us as a species, rather than work for something that benefits the few.

"Why would they wipe us out? If they wanted our resources we could be a hindrance, so it's best to wipe out the natives before moving in and taking what they've got."

This is a POV that is taking a lot of pop culture as gospel on the subject and not considering the reality in my view.

Merely mining the asteroid belt, the various debris around gas giants like Saturn and Jupiter, their moons, not to mention the enormous masses of various gases etc. within the confines of those planets... I'm sorry but there is literally NOTHING on Earth that can't be, on an elemental level, found in greater abundance elsewhere in the solar system.

And the idea of a civilization the would enslave us is... It's silly. For what? Manual labor? Doing what? Mining? Again... Why? They could get anything they could need in greater supply elswhere. And by greater I mean literally by several magnitudes greater than the total sum of the mass of planet Earth.

The only thing we have here that's not anywhere else (as far as we know...) in our Solar System is life. And that actually isn't special in the sense that all living things are made up of the same elements found all over the universe.

We don't really have anything a star faring civilization would want or could not manufature themselves if they have solved the various issues with traveling the vast distances between habitable planets in our galaxy.

And the reality of an advanced hostile force coming to wipe out the human race is actually far less "romantic" than a rag tag band of humans fighting in the streets of ruined cities etc.

If an alien race wants this planet they will park really far away, well beyond the orbit of the moon. Then they use their god like tech to induce a gamma ray burst. The side of the planet facing the burst directly would be steralized for all intents and purposes. We'd be dead in an instant. Then they fly their starship to the opposite side in relative terms in space, induce another burst covering the remaining half of the globe and... The deal is done. We'd never even know what happened.

The only reasons for an alien species to attack us or subjugate us are when whittled down to motivations would have to be irrational and yes, it stands that something similar to us may also act irrationally. But interstellar travel is a massive undertaking that if normalized in a civilization I think indicates a great investment in reason.

The more dangerous aspect of first contact are going to be unintended consequences more than malevolence I think.

This odd fascination by aliens for America, they only seem to visit this country or abduct their citizen but I guess the other countries are better at covering up these events :o
Also, if you listen to UFO nuts, they are at least several different alien races that come to Earth, the universe isn't that big after all and full of life.

PS: just in case : I don't believe any alien came to Earth, ancient astronauts or that they created the human race by genetic manipulation etc

Merely mining the asteroid belt, the various debris around gas giants like Saturn and Jupiter, their moons, not to mention the enormous masses of various gases etc. within the confines of those planets... I'm sorry but there is literally NOTHING on Earth that can't be, on an elemental level, found in greater abundance elsewhere in the solar system.
What about organic mass?Maybe they'd want to mine us? You can't exactly find carbon based life anywhere else in the galaxy.

We don't really have anything a star faring civilization would want or could not manufature themselves if they have solved the various issues with traveling the vast distances between habitable planets in our galaxy
That seems a bit of an assumption though, doesn't it? We don't know what technologies said civilisation could have. Just because someone can get here, doesn't mean they can do everything we think they can.

Add to that, what if it's an actual planet they want; one that's capable of sustaining life without the need to terraform. If there's a civilisation out there that wants to expand their territory, we could be in their way. A second notion on that would be a civilisation that's either destroyed or lost their planet, and needs a new one. Hello Earth.

If an alien race wants this planet they will park really far away, well beyond the orbit of the moon. Then they use their god like tech to induce a gamma ray burst. The side of the planet facing the burst directly would be steralized for all intents and purposes. We'd be dead in an instant. Then they fly their starship to the opposite side in relative terms in space, induce another burst covering the remaining half of the globe and... The deal is done. We'd never even know what happened
That again is an assumption. What if said invaders liked a bit of sport, or enjoy the idea of toying with their subjects?

The more dangerous aspect of first contact are going to be unintended consequences more than malevolence I think.
Probably due to our arrogance I suspect.

I think the thing I'd worry most about is them wanting to study humans up close and personal. It's not something I worry much about though. LOL.

I think the thing I'd worry most about is them wanting to study humans up close and personal. It's not something I worry much about though. LOL.
What if they want to insert things into places that you'd rather them not? o_O

I just want to know what creatures from forever away would want with us. Why should we matter?

I still think cattle mutilations are the work of wolves and other natural predators.

I was. DEEP down the UFO/alien rabbit hole as a youth and grew out of it because of the drought of real substantive evidence along with all the contradicting speculation from what passes as the UFO investigation community of laymen and self identified "insiders".

For close to 25 years now I would say I am a believer that there is for sure life existing on other planets in the universe. Intelligent life forms? A good chance those are out there. Technologically advanced civilizations that have solved more issues than we have so far, up to and including transportation methods that harness fundamental forces of the universe to accomplish travel over distances we find practically insurmountable at our current development? I would again bet yes.

But that lack of evidence, real evidence and trustworthy testimonies from the last 40 plus years of investigation into the UFO phenomenon is a hard hurdle to pass so far for me. Which isn't to say whether Close Encounters of the Third Kind, that is reports of unambiguous Alien contact with beings from somewhere else or mere UFO reports or interactions, have all been entirely without some merit or at least there is a small number that beg more questions even after a thorough sifting of facts.

But for the most part I have been severely skeptical of UFO talk for a long time and at best open minded if agnostic on the possibility most reports that reach the public are accurate on the subject.

I think the official government statement with these recent unveiling of the number of incidents is something different. That doesn't mean I'm on the "They're Here!!" train. I bet that parsing through most of the events revealed will not be 100% total proof of Alien origin space ships in some undeniable form. But there will be some as have been shown with recent interviews with military pilots and corresponding flight recordings and logs, that simply beg too many questions.

I think it is telling that here at the dawn of the Information Age the truth of government involvement with UFOs may just come down to they are aware... And there is nothing they or any government know or can do about it, assuming the suspicions are accurate that the most evidence rich incidents indicate craft of unknown origin under the control of intelligent No -Terrestrial beings.

I think it is telling that here at the dawn of the Information Age the truth of government involvement with UFOs may just come down to they are aware... And there is nothing they or any government know or can do about it, assuming the suspicions are accurate that the most evidence rich incidents indicate craft of unknown origin under the control of intelligent No -Terrestrial beings.
I would speculate that there's more truth to this than we're led to believe; the powers that be are aware of something, but that something is simply too far beyond them that all they can do is admit there's stuff they don't know, hence UFO's.

Ultimately, if we are being visited, we're simply too violate and (by their standards) too primitive that they would gain nothing by interacting with us.

1) I see stuff related to UFO's has been popping up in the news again lately.

Many years ago the fake War of the Worlds was broadcast by radio causing some panic by certain accounts. Now days information has tipped to a critical point. I saw in an interview years ago with comic writer Alan Moore going on about information overload from a societal standpoint.

At this point in time, aliens truly could touch down and what to beleive or not most would wonder. There very well could be so many narratives attached to the single event of an alien encounter compounded with all the information that has come before that it would be lost upon people what just occurred. No panic anymore just spin.

2) If greys do exist, whose to say they're even physical entities? Travelling across space with some advanced technology or just some collective consciousness of some unified will; a beehive of soulless watchers linked together outside of time and space as we know it?

These greys could very well be what humans eventually evolve into. There was a book I read years ago postulating about human cloning and abduction encounters involving a lot of sordid details. All in all, this probably took place in a dream but for some they claim to have evidence of some sort of physical experience incurred during a state of sleep paralysis. A lot of weird thematic religious overtones make me think maybe there is some kind of human cloning at some point and maybe these greys are future soulless humans operating mechanically and nonindividually while being controlled by these so called watchers that make up this unified collective consciousness beyond our reality yet able to project into it via a cloned vessel. Assuming ufo craft are real but intangible perhaps they're a visual reflection that echoes across time while not being able to be a part of it.

The question then becomes moreso about humanity's endpoint for these beings to become more intertwined in our reality? It is a lot to think about.

3) The traditional scifi notions of greys being from another planet simply using advanced tech. Just doesn't float as much with these beings behaving like watchers over mankind and all the other thematics involving these creatures it seems to me.

4) Of course this is also likely all fiction intertwined with other forms of fiction like religious texts as well... After all, information compounding over itself can create some fascinating things to ponder.

Last edited:
my honest believe when it comes to some of the more "legit" sighting

is that this is more likely evidence of time/an or inter-dimensional, travel

now, I truly believe there are other forums of life out there, maybe even some with advance tech capable of inter-galaxy travel, I'm not auguring against that

but, I'd imagine we would be of little interest to them... at least not to the degree of them showing up through out history only to leave no real evidence or ever attempting to communicate

the only ones that interested/that obsessed in humans, are humans

if time travel was ever discovered (which could be any point in the future hundreds/ thousands/ millions of years) isn't that the first thing we'd do is explore are own past (but with minimal interaction that might effect the timeline)

if time travel was ever discovered (which could be any point in the future hundreds/ thousands/ millions of years) isn't that the first thing we'd do is explore are own past (but with minimal interaction that might effect the timeline)
Time travel is either possible, or it isn't. It's not something to discover (at least in the grander sense).

If it's possible to manipulate time in the traditional sci-fi sense, then it would already have happened and nobody would be none the wiser, and/or such a theme would only be possible within an infinite number of multiverses in which case time isn't changed at all, the traveller would just end up in a different universe...

^well, yes, by "discovered", I guess I should have said, discovered a means to control it

no one "discovered" the sound barrier, but a way to break it

no one "discovered" the moon, but a way to travel to it

my theory would suggest that time travel is in fact possible we just have yet to find a way to do so...

any talk of Time/inter-dimensional/multiverse travel is theoretical until its actually done

so there are no set rules of how is would or wouldn't work, really... only theories

Except @Spider-Fan83 , I genuinely don't ever think it will be possible to discover it. I'm no scientist or physicist or whatever, but time (in the sense we're using it) shouldn't be tested. If it's possible to change time in the topic sense, then it would only ever change for that one individual; that's one small, insignificant carbon based life form.

For a person to have that much power just seems inconceivable to me, that's why I would choose (if at all) to believe that if someone jumped into a machine, went back in time and did something differently, they'd actually be doing so within another universe - the multiverse, and they were always destined to do that.

That'll be my theory anyway..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"