The Official Flash Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahem. Right. Sure. But first, I'd like to say a few words about... about habeus corpus. Yeah, habeus corpus! And ipso... facto! Phi Beta Kappa!

Barry is a forensic scientist. Every villain doesn't have to be a physical battle. Plus, how would Weather Wizard NOT be a challenge for Barry?

I mean, the Rogues work better as a group because if you single them out, they would be easy to defeat, besides maybe Weather Wizard and Captain Cold.

They can work out strategies and what have you.

But a film with Trickster by himself? Nope!

Barry is a forensic scientist. Every villain doesn't have to be a physical battle. Plus, how would Weather Wizard NOT be a challenge for Barry?

There can't just be a villain that qualifies as a forensic case, this isn't Batman we're talking about here. With a character like that (i.e. Weather Wizard), what reason would he have to use his powers? All he would have to do is run, punch him once, and he's out.

And whereas I love the Rogues when they all work together, you can't have that many villains in one movie and provide no origin for any of them what-so-ever. And, face it, it would take way too long to provide origins for that many characters (especially for it being the first adaptation of the Flash... it needs to focus primarily on him.)

You need a villain that's going to test his abilities, make him take his powers to the limits, and give him a reason to use them. Thus my suggestion of a character like Shade, Professor Zoom, Cobalt Blue etc. with a character like Murmur to give him a forensic case at the same time. Heck, the two villains could even be working together.

I'll tell you what would be interesting is if they would have a character like Prof. Zoom (who matches Flash with speed) set it up to look like Flash is committing the crimes. That would give such an epic dynamic of Barry searching for Zoom on his own as Flash, but as a forensic detective he's being forced to search for evidence against himself.

But I still attest that somewhere in the series, whether in the first or in sequels... Shade and Cobalt Blue need to appear.

Last edited:
There can't just be a villain that qualifies as a forensic case, this isn't Batman we're talking about here. With a character like that (i.e. Weather Wizard), what reason would he have to use his powers? All he would have to do is run, punch him once, and he's out.

You need a villain that's going to test his abilities, make him take his powers to the limits, and give him a reason to use them. Thus my suggestion of a character like Shade, Zoom, etc. with a character like Murmur to give him a forensic case at the same time. Heck, the two villains could even be working together.

I'll tell you what would be interesting is if they would have a character like Zoom (who matches Flash with speed) set it up to look like Flash is committing the crimes. That would give such an epic dynamic of Barry searching for Zoom on his own as Flash, but as a forensic detective he's being forced to search for evidence against himself.

The problem with using Zoom right away, is the stakes will be way lower for the next film. How is the next film supposed to dramatic, when Flash has already defeated his most powerful enemy. You can't follow up a movie with Zoom by having Captain Boomerang as the Big bad in the next one.

They can just make Flash less powerful in the first film and start off with some villains like Weather Wizard and Mirror Master, so Zoom can be saved for a sequel.

i'd like to see zoom in the first one with a little captain cold,boomerang or mirror master cameo segment, then do those 3 and weather wizard as a team for the second. have them meet in iron heights and decide that they need to team up to beat the flash

i'd like to see zoom in the first one with a little captain cold,boomerang or mirror master cameo segment, then do those 3 and weather wizard as a team for the second. have them meet in iron heights and decide that they need to team up to beat the flash

But Zoom is more powerful then 3 or 4 rogues put together, look at how easily Zoom defeating the Rogues in Rogue War, plus Zoom raises the stakes not only in terms of power, but emotional drama, consider Zoom is the most personal foe Flash has, the one who has taken the most from him. If you just have 3 rogues in the next movie, the stakes will seem lower. Zoom tries to destroy Flash's life and discoverers who he really is and in the next movie, the Rogues are just robbing banks? Wrong order completely. The Rogues plan to destroy the Flash will not be as dramatic as Zoom's plan because Zoom will know who the Flash is and strike at his personal life, something the Rogues will not do.

The first movie has a enough to do with having an origin story to deal with, so having Zoom pop up and trying destroy Flash's personal life is too much for one movie and leaves nothing for the sequels. starting with the more off beat Rogues lets the stakes be raised in the next film. Plus considering all the connections Zoom has to Flash before he becomes a villain, Flash should be active for a while before Zoom shows up.

yeah, because it's not like this is a new continuity where none of that matters. you can give the rogues more to do than just robbing banks, maybe they decided they need to get flash out of the picture or something. i'd rather see zoom first, his origin ties into flash's a lot easier imo than anyone else's and even if they have flash kill him in the first one he's got a built-in resurrection mechanism that movie audiences will buy

yeah, because it's not like this is a new continuity where none of that matters. you can give the rogues more to do than just robbing banks, maybe they decided they need to get flash out of the picture or something. i'd rather see zoom first, his origin ties into flash's a lot easier imo than anyone else's and even if they have flash kill him in the first one he's got a built-in resurrection mechanism that movie audiences will buy

Its a new continuity, but it should pay homage to the old one and being off beat is part of the Rogues charm, turning them into serial killers or world conquerors undermines their charm. Its better to start with off beat villains first and have more dramatic villains later is better story telling. Not mention there is no reason to tie Zoom and Flash's origins, they had separate origins in the comics. If they are going with Hunter Zolomon, they should build him up by having in as a police detective in the first movie, rather just having be evil in the first movie, that makes his fall from grace more dramatic.

who said serial killers? killing the flash does not make them mass murderers, hell they've already done that before in the comics. and i'd rather they didn't use hunter, thawne is where it's at

who said serial killers? killing the flash does not make them mass murderers, hell they've already done that before in the comics. and i'd rather they didn't use hunter, thawne is where it's at

But a villain who can strike at Flash's personal life and desires to kill him, is far more dramatic villains who want to kill you but cannot strike at your personal life. Zoom is the villain who messes Flash's personal life, not the Rogues. Zoom presents a greater to Flash in terms of power and ruthlessness, so he would be a more epic threat and going from a more a epic threat to a more mundane threat from the first movie to second, makes the second seem rather boring. Best to have the mundane threat first and build up to th epic threat later.

Also Zolomon is far less convoluted and far easier to do in a movie, Thrawne is just too convoluted and time travel stories have a habit of turning into a mess if you are careful. Besides they will likely just combine the two characters anyway.

can't we just agree that i'm right and you're wrong? no? agree to disagree then

Also Zolomon is far less convoluted and far easier to do in a movie, Thrawne is just too convoluted and time travel stories have a habit of turning into a mess if you are careful. Besides they will likely just combine the two characters anyway.
If they combine Eobard and Hunter they should keep something small like the size of Hunter's hands in proportion to his body. Everything else, do Eobard.

The problem with using Zoom right away, is the stakes will be way lower for the next film. How is the next film supposed to dramatic, when Flash has already defeated his most powerful enemy. You can't follow up a movie with Zoom by having Captain Boomerang as the Big bad in the next one.

They can just make Flash less powerful in the first film and start off with some villains like Weather Wizard and Mirror Master, so Zoom can be saved for a sequel.

Professor Zoom is not his most powerful enemy. Characters like Shade and Cobalt Blue are very powerful and would make a sequel very dramatic. I mean C.B. is Barry's twin brother for God's sakes.

And the fact is that modern mainstream audiences are not going to buy or get into villains like Weather Wizard and Mirror Master... let's not forget that mainstream audiences are the ones that W.B. really have to worry about because it's not only DC fans going to see this movie. And if mainstream audiences don't like the film, it's gonna fail.

Eobard is pretty convoluted though.
that's one of the great things about a movie, none of that matters. they can pick and choose what works, ignore what doesn't and it won't contradict anything.

it's no more convoluted than the wildly successful terminator or back to the future franchises, and far less so than doctor who.

it's no more convoluted than the wildly successful terminator or back to the future franchises, and far less so than doctor who.

Terminator became a mess by forth film, in part because of this. Time Travel has its pitfalls and frankly even Dr. Who has fallen victim to it.

Terminator became a mess by forth film, in part because of this. Time Travel has its pitfalls and frankly even Dr. Who has fallen victim to it.

terminator should never have gone past t2. cameron intended them to prevent judgment day in that movie. time travel can work, but hollywood tends to beat a dead horse when it finds something that works once. bring on the cosmic treadmill!

Looking at how WB picked the dude who made 'Monsters' to do 'Godzilla', I wonder if they're willing to take the same risk for a movie like 'The Flash'.

(Call DUNCAN JONES!)

terminator should never have gone past t2. cameron intended them to prevent judgment day in that movie. time travel can work, but hollywood tends to beat a dead horse when it finds something that works once. bring on the cosmic treadmill!

It can work, but often doesn't and can become a real mess unless handled with the utmost care. Frankly I think it would just be way easier to use Zolomon over Thrawne. Less chance of an extremely convoluted story. Even comics, time travel has messed things up, like with X-Men.

After all the Superman and Batman news, I just hope they can pick a good & clever candidate for The Flash.

I hate to diss on Ryan Reynolds because I feel like he'll surprise me with Green Lantern, but that was just..too safe of a choice. Solid but safe.

Meanwhile, Ryan Gosling would be killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"