BvS The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know maybe people who you know expect some what entertaining movies from the studios that hold these characters. Instead you get manure like MOS and Green Lantern. And in truth out of the TDK trilogy two of the three are good movies while the last boarders on mediocre to bad. Of course this is subjective as we all have our opinions right.
yeah true...and in terms of taste i agree with you on that :word:

And how about admitting most superhero movies are bad or mediocre, and even the most solid ones, have plenty of flaws.

No movie is flawless, and with the comic book movie genre more so. The least you can attempt to do is entertain and I can guarantee you a bulk of Marvel movies have entertained me (waits for the DC loyalist to harp on about how **** Marvel is) than DC films. I like DC more than Marvel and Superman is my favorite comic book character but doesn't stop me from reconsigning who is doing well and who doesn't have a clue.

IM3 not selling as many DVD/BRs is made up by the fact it literally doubled MoS initial box office. Staggering really how much that film made.

I think they are comparable though. I think IM3 gets way too much hate the same as MoS. Although personally i think IM3 is a better film.

But again...they're not playing in the same contest, nor do they need to, really. So you really can't hold WB/DC up to Marvel's standards since there are different bottom lines at stake. If WB only made comic movies, then yeah it'd be more of a direct 'race'.

Bingo.

How many times does this point need to be driven home before people get it?

WB isn't playing the same game as Marvel Studios. Two different types of studio needs, people.

IM3 not selling as many DVD/BRs is made up by the fact it literally doubled MoS initial box office. Staggering really how much that film made.

I think they are comparable though. I think IM3 gets way too much hate the same as MoS. Although personally i think IM3 is a better film.

If Iron Man 3 doubled Man of Steel's box office, that should've reflected in the DVD/Blu Ray sales, no?

That "manure" must be pretty good then. ;)

Don't even bother. You know how these things usually end up, especially from the more irrational around here.

Bingo.

WB isn't playing the same game as Marvel Studios. Two different types of studio needs, people.

And maybe that is up until MoS (outside of TDKT) WB comic movies were poor.

They don't NEED to nail it every single time. Because they will survive anyway.

Marvel does NEED to nail it every single time. Because they are basically an indie studio (with big budgets obviously) and if their films bomb, they die.

But Warner Bros still needs big summer tent-poles. Superhero films are that resource. And now Potter is gone, they now NEED this DCCU.

Has Terrio ever written anything in the same hemisphere as **** like this though?

Argo was fantastic, but that kind of film is different in every single way to what a JL film and a DCCU needs to be.

Again it's wait and see. He could transfer his talents over without a hitch. Hopefully he can!

Funny enough, I think the tone was really good. A dark situation, but with warmhearted characters and witty dialog :)

I would totally watch a JL film with a similar tone :wow:

But the setting IS completely different ;)

No excuses buddy, people prefer to own MOS on DVD, along with Despicable Me 2, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and others:

Perhaps most significantly, 'Man of Steel' was placed as the third highest-selling Blu-ray of the year (behind 'Despicable Me 2' and 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey') selling nearly twice the number of units that 'Iron Man 3' managed to shift.

And maybe that is up until MoS (outside of TDKT) WB comic movies were poor.

They don't NEED to nail it every single time. Because they will survive anyway.

Marvel does NEED to nail it every single time. Because they are basically an indie studio (with big budgets obviously) and if their films bomb, they die.

But Warner Bros still needs big summer tent-poles. Superhero films are that resource. And now Potter is gone, they now NEED this DCCU.

They don't need DCCU. When you make the kind of money on Inception, Gravity, the Hangover trilogy, the Titans movies, Pacific Rim, the soon to be released megahit that is Godzilla, you don't need the DCCU. It would be nice but they don't need the DCCU.

How else do you think WB has survived this long?

Why don't WB create a sub division for DCCU put someone in charge and bam have at it. Let a plan be structured and things put in place and real talent get brought on board. Sometimes you have to take risks to reap the rewards, I get there is a business side to things but it just seems so much easier to let DC get on with it.

Why don't WB create a sub division for DCCU put someone in charge and bam have at it. Let a plan be structured and things put in place and real talent get brought on board. Sometimes you have to take risks to reap the rewards, I get there is a business side to things but it just seems so much easier to let DC get on with it.

Was Gravity not a risk? Was Harry Potter, the way it was produced not a risk?

WB knows how to play this game. They've been doing this for almost a century.

WB is sitting pretty...they can develop this whole JL movie thing how they see fit and dictate how it will go whilst still most likely being very successful with it....and not have to bet the farm. If DC fans don't feel as 'catered to' as Marvel fans wit the rate/volume of output.....as harsh as it may sound, boo ****in hoo. As a movie studio, they know what's working best for them, superhero tentpoles are very important, but they're not the entirety of their bread and butter like Marvel, and at the end of the day it's their prerogative. One can either enjoy what they do put out, or not...there's plenty to eagerly fill your place if yo don't want it.

Was there ever a chance at failure over at Marvel what with the almighty Disney backing them. The same Disney that makes WB look like hobos, I mean if Marvel failed couldn't Disney just have thrown money at them to fix things and get the next one right. I mean sure Iron man was the gauge in which Disney/ Marvel could assess if their plan for a cinematic universe would work

WB is sitting pretty...they can develop this whole JL movie thing how they see fit and dictate how it will go whilst still most likely being very successful with hit....and not have to bet the farm.

Yep, and seeing how many mediocre (or terrible) movies have made more than a billion, I don't think they have to worry that much. :word:

Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace
Alice in Wonderland (2010)
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
Iron Man 3

WB hasn't lost the kind of money that Disney lost on Lone Ranger and John Carter in a long, long while.

I can't even think of a film that WB lost that kind of serious money in the last decade...

Was there ever a chance at failure over at Marvel what with the almighty Disney backing them. The same Disney that makes WB look like hobos, I mean if Marvel failed couldn't Disney just have thrown money at them to fix things and get the next one right. I mean sure Iron man was the gauge in which Disney/ Marvel could assess if their plan for a cinematic universe would work

Marvel didn't initial have the backing of Disney.

Marvel Studios was literally an independent studio at first. They had to get loans to fund Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk. If those films failed, Marvel Studios as it is now wouldn't exist.

They took a leap of faith and it paid off.

No excuses buddy, people prefer to own MOS on DVD, along with Despicable Me 2, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and others:

Hey there is no excuse from me. Just suggesting that more people bought MoS on DVD than IM3 because less people saw it in the cinema. It makes sense...

"oh i'll wait for the dvd/br"

But again...they're not playing in the same contest, nor do they need to, really. So you really can't hold WB/DC up to Marvel's standards since there are different bottom lines at stake. If WB only made comic movies, then yeah it'd be more of a direct 'race'.
Bingo.

yeah then why even try to do something similar if they dont really need to compete in this genre?
don't get me wrong the jla movie dosen't mean to be the same like the avengers. but my prediction is like, people thinking: wait what? another group of superheroes joining forces? i think now its enough...i'm sick of all these superhero movies...
Because you can still make good money with it when you do, but unlike others you don't have to bet the farm. If it's good, if it tickles the right entertainment funny bones...people will buy it up in bulk. It's what they do....they don't sit there and think "...are there too many fun movies these days? Should i cut down?"

Anything else? :D

see, i think such a race destroys the fun. cause people know the difference between sell out and thoughtful entertainment

WB: hey zack? come here. can you do what some at marvel do?

Zack: yeah i can try to envison and d....

WB: ok get it done...make some money as long as this hype lasts.

Zack: ok i see we could show more of krypton this time...

WB: yeah let jor el fly a dragon, kids love that ****.

Zack: and then superman struggles to save metropolis cause he has to stop someone but doesen't want to kill, so there will be casualties and damage

WB: sounds great, and let him fight a weird octopus/snake like monster...

Zack: ?? ok...

They don't need DCCU. When you make the kind of money on Inception, Gravity, the Hangover trilogy, the Titans movies, Pacific Rim, the soon to be released megahit that is Godzilla, you don't need the DCCU. It would be nice but they don't need the DCCU.

How else do you think WB has survived this long?

I'm talking franchises. WB NEEDS a go to franchise like a Potter. A franchise that has pretty much unlimited potential for sequels, spin offs, team ups etc. The DCCU fits that need.

If successful, it's a licence to print money for over a decade basically.

yeah then why even try to do something similar if they dont really need to compete in this genre?
don't get me wrong the jla movie dosen't mean to be the same like the avengers. but my prediction is like, people thinking: wait what? another group of superheroes joining forces? i think now its enough...i'm sick of all these superhero movies...

see, i think such a race destroys the fun. cause people know the difference between sell out and thoughtful entertainment

WB: hey zack? come here. can you do what some at marvel do?

Zack: yeah i can try to envison and d....

WB: ok get it done...make some money as long as this hype lasts.

Zack: ok i see we could show more of krypton this time...

WB: yeah let jor el fly a dragon, kids love that ****.

Zack: and then superman struggles to save metropolis cause he has to stop someone but doesen't want to kill, so there will be casualties and damage

WB: sounds great, and let him fight a weird octopus/snake like monster...

Zack: ?? ok...

What in the hell are you even talking about? Geeze.

yeah they keep going..they hire new people when a movie bombs no matter what

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"