BvS The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman, do you really think the general audience is excited to finally see Cyborg and AquaMan finally on-screen together?
That wasn't my point. Other than the Hulk and maybe Capitan America the general audience didn't know who the rest of the Avengers were. That's not the case with DC. People know who Flash is, people know who Aquaman is. They really don't have to go into the extensive explaing about who a certain person is and what they can do. They can do that after JL.

Great news, I'm one of those who's a huge fan of Man Of Steel, if the script is good, and Terrio & Affleck are heavily involved in it, Snyder is going to hit it right out of the park.

And would anyone really go out of their way to see a Cyborg solo movie before JL?

That wasn't my point. Other than the Hulk and maybe Capitan America the general audience didn't know who the rest of the Avengers were. That's not the case with DC. People know who Flash is, people know who Aquaman is. They really don't have to go into the extensive explaing about who a certain person is and what they can do. They can do that after JL.

All they know of Aquaman is he's a joke (unfairly i might add) but yea.

Not everyone needs a damn solo film. If you think that you're just being ridiculous. DC/WB doesn't need to follow the Marvel plan...and they wont

Jeez, it's gotten to the point where some people TRY to do something different from Marvel and thus, have no faith in them pulling it off so they MUST emulate Marvel's plan.

but at the same time, they'd be copying marvel if they went through with it!

double edged sword. people just hate on DC because its the cool thing to do right now.

Not everyone needs a damn solo film. If you think that you're just being ridiculous. DC/WB doesn't need to follow the Marvel plan...and they wont

Not all of them.

but at the same time, they'd be copying marvel if they went through with it!

double edged sword. people just hate on DC because its the cool thing to do right now.

Don't be stupid.

I'm just saying, don't be surprised if JL rolls around and there is criticisms from all angles pertaining to lack of development for the likes of Cyborg and other characters not part of the big three.

I'm excited for this film. But i'm not going to bury my head in the sand and pretend i don't have concerns.

Not all of them.

Don't be stupid.

I'm just saying, don't be surprised if JL rolls around and there is criticisms from all angles pertaining to lack of development for the likes of Cyborg and other characters not part of the big three.

I'm excited for this film. But i'm not going to bury my head in the sand and pretend i don't have concerns.

I was just replying to NextNolan's post, wasn't really aimed toward your argument as I didn't read your posts.

None of the characters really got character development in Avengers. People do tend to judge things based on a Marvel standard.

Where was Black Widow's and Hawkeye's development? They didn't have solo movies...Cyborg doesn't need one yet

Always been in the public consciousness my ass. Supes, Bats and Wonder Woman sure. Green Lantern? Flash? Martian Manhunter? Aquaman? ****ing Cyborg?
Don't be dense. Obviously I'm referring to the classic lineup. GL, Flash, and Aquaman are most definitely "known" by audiences. Justice League has long been established as the all-star team in the comics. There isn't a shortage of merchandise available for any of these characters that you wouldn't be familiar with them. If you're an American, chances are you've been exposed to the League in some form.

It is a good point that the likes of Cyborg (in particular him) Flash and Green Lantern need solo movies. Green Lantern needs to be completely rejuvenated indeed.
This notion that every side character needs their own film is a weird and novel one. Regardless of the mythos they carry on their own titles, the fact is the nature of an ensemble piece necessitates shared screentime. Which means you don't need elaborate histories as the story will not be centered on any singular person. Their backstories do not matter if they do not have any bearing on the current movie.

Ensemble films have existed for decades like this, so it's humorous for fans to suggest like some entirely new formula has been discovered. Even the much talked about Avengers works completely as its own individual piece.

Don't be dense. Obviously I'm referring to the classic lineup. GL, Flash, and Aquaman are most definitely "known" by audiences. Justice League has long been established as the all-star team in the comics. There isn't a shortage of merchandise available for any of these characters that you wouldn't be familiar with them. If you're an American, chances are you've been exposed to the League in some form.

This notion that every side character needs their own film is a weird and novel one. Regardless of the mythos they carry on their own titles, the fact is the nature of an ensemble piece necessitates shared screentime. Which means you don't need elaborate histories as the story will not be centered on any singular person. Their backstories do not matter if they do not have any bearing on the current movie.

Ensemble films have existed for decades like this, so it's humorous for fans to suggest like some entirely new formula has been discovered. Even the much talked about Avengers works completely as its own individual piece.

I'd like to present exhibit #1 "Ocean's 11". This film featured a team of 11 thieves, and ex wife and the villain...yet is not cluttered or stuffed and each member of the team (hell each actor) gets love from the camera. This movie came out in 2001...12 years before Avengers...therefore Avengers did not create the ensemble piece.

Meh Snyder did an ok job with MOS. But I ain't stoked to hear he's doing JL too.

Maybe he'll up his game with Bats vs Supes. He needs to. MOS left too many peeps disappointed.

Meh Snyder did an ok job with MOS. But I ain't stoked to hear he's doing JL too.

Maybe he'll up his game with Bats vs Supes. He needs to. MOS left too many peeps disappointed.
The general audience loved Man Of Steel.

I'd like to present exhibit #1 "Ocean's 11". This film featured a team of 11 thieves, and ex wife and the villain...yet is not cluttered or stuffed and each member of the team (hell each actor) gets love from the camera. This movie came out in 2001...12 years before Avengers...therefore Avengers did not create the ensemble piece.

I definitely agree with you. Even if you look at Abrams' Star Trek series, he has balanced the multiple characters really well. My problem is Snyder. He is not Abrams or Soderbergh. Not even close. As someone who enjoyed Watchmen, it's not very balanced as an ensemble piece either IMO. I just don't think he's talented enough to pull it off. I might feel differently after BVS, but for now, I don't feel confident about this being in good hands.

Before MoS, Cavill talks Superman/Batman crossover:
So – how do you get to that stage? I think a ‘Batman/Superman’ movie would be great because it brings that world together. Whether they’re going to let that happen, I don’t know. But a sequel to continue ['Man of Steel'] would certainly be amazing…and maybe start introducing some other things. Every single one of those…[which comes] next? I don’t know.”

http://screenrant.com/henry-cavill-justice-league-batman-superman-man-steel-2/

Here, it shows discussions even BEFORE MoS have takin' place about following Man of Steel up with a Batman crossover and/or sequel to Man of Steel itself to introduce other characters through a MoS sequel, which is exactly what happened.

Then, this Zack Snyder interview promoting Man of Steel before theaters regarding a DCU (6:00- 6:34)

"..just like you top down Superman, then you sort of have to top down the rest of the DC characters. Not to say they need their own movies or anything per-say like the Marvel model, which I'm also not ruling out, but I do think there's an opportunity to start to think how you might introduce other DC characters, whether that's a Justice League movie or if that's a way of expanding Superman's universe..that's the next conversation for me.."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExT5rqFqef0

It's all there, way before MoS hit theaters, you just got to read between the lines and look in the right spots. I don't think Batman is forced into it at all. I think this is what they set out to do in the first place and all they did was commit to it and actually DO it. Good job, WB/DC.

Before MoS, Cavill talks Superman/Batman crossover:

http://screenrant.com/henry-cavill-justice-league-batman-superman-man-steel-2/

Here, it shows discussions even BEFORE MoS have takin' place about following Man of Steel up with a Batman crossover and/or sequel to Man of Steel itself to introduce other characters through a MoS sequel, which is exactly what happened.

Then, this Zack Snyder interview promoting Man of Steel before theaters regarding a DCU (6:00- 6:34)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExT5rqFqef0

It's all there, way before MoS hit theaters, you just got to read between the lines and look in the right spots. I don't think Batman is forced into it at all. I think this is what they set out to do in the first place and all they did was commit to it and actually DO it. Good job, WB/DC.

I think they will do just fine. I'm tired of people saying they need to follow the Marvel blueprint and then those same people gripe when they do. It's ridiculous

The vast majority of people who have watched avengers did not watch all of the phase one films let alone remember them.
Similarly, when I watched Avengers for the first time I had never seen any of the MCU films all the way through apart from Iron Man 2. The Avengers is what got me into Marvel characters, not the other way around.

I think the film is just as polarizing among the GA as it is with fans.

No it isn't, not even close. The audience ratings were much higher than the critical or fanboy ratings across the board.

I wonder how many people out there (who don't follow this stuff the way that we do) even know the difference between Marvel and DC. It would be funny if they went to see Justice League and walked out of it confused why Thor and Captain America weren't there.

Yeah most non-cb fans that i know enjoyed MoS for the most part, but none had any desire to see it again or really discuss it. To them it was well-crafted "product", nothing more. Certainly didnt have any overall cultural impact, not compared to Nolan-bats or IM or TA or even the new Spidey film. None that is detectable outside certain boards. I think many are intrigued by a JL film though, especially since Affleck was cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"