BvS The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

herolee10

No More Miracles
Reaction score
I figured that since he had his own thread for "Man of Steel", that he should have one for this film as well.

Whether you love him or hate him as a Director, Zack Snyder has pretty much imprinted his name within the history books when it comes to comic book genre films.

To be the first Director that would have successfully and completely directed two Superman-related films, and to be the first one that will be responsible for not only bringing Wonder Woman to the big screen for the first time in cinema history... but to also be the one responsible for bringing both Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman onto the same live action film for the first time in cinema history.

Love him. He has a very good visual eye.

And he has directed the greatest CBM ever IMO.

A talented, uncompromising, ambitious director with a fantastic visual eye, a great handle on drama, and is always devoted to his current project.

Pacing and editing are probably his main flaws. He seems to be entertained by action more than most people are. (Same as Peter Jackson). He also has an over-reliance on CG (Also, just like Peter Jackson).

Still a great pick for these genre movies though. I would love to a see a Snyder X-Men movie or something.

Last edited:
Can you imagine what a Star Wars film would look like under his tenure?

Absolutely love Snyder's films.

Though I actually rate Man of Steel as one of his lowest because of in my opinion, pacing and character development issues.

Also wasn't a fan of the washed out grey color grade and handheld feel of the movie.

That's not to say I don't like MOS, but I think it could have been a lot better.

I'm really hoping Larry Fong's return will mean the same flawless cinematography of Watchmen and Suckerpunch (Not a great film but it's a visual triumph).

And Zack. Don't be afraid to use slow motion a little bit. It's a superhero movie. Super speed is begging for slow motion.

I really like Snyder.

Dawn of the Dead, 300, Watchmen, and Man of Steel were all enjoyable to me, I have not seen Sucker Punch.

I also think he saved Goyer's ass in this movie. If he hadn't given the movie such an epic feel, the problems with the script would be a lot more noticeable.

Reasons critics don't appreciate his movies pls.

I like his movies Dawn of the Dead,300, Watchmen and MOS with the follow up now on the horizon. He makes entertaining movies for me. :woot:

I love Snyder, and my love for him amplified after Man of Steel. Ironically after seeing Sucker Punch I was very excited to see what he'd do with Superman. Yes, Sucker Punch was pretty bad but the action scenes in it were absolutely incredible. So, I at least knew that he would give us an action packed Superman movie with amazing visuals which is what he did.

My ultimate dream: A Zack Snyder directed Superman movie where Superman has an epic battle with Darkseid on Apokolips. I think that could single-handedly be the most visually amazing thing we've ever seen. I hope he does a Darkseid movie one day.

Zack Snyder David Goyer, you're the men, prove the naysayers wrong.

Love him. He has a very good visual eye.

And he has directed the greatest CBM ever IMO.

He didn't direct The Avengers. Or The Dark Knight. You are mistaken.

He didn't direct The Avengers. Or The Dark Knight. You are mistaken.

Both incredibly overrated.

I liked 300, and dawn of the dead...and loved man of steel. Have yet to see watchmen and sucker punch.

I love Snyder, and my love for him amplified after Man of Steel. Ironically after seeing Sucker Punch I was very excited to see what he'd do with Superman. Yes, Sucker Punch was pretty bad but the action scenes in it were absolutely incredible. So, I at least knew that he would give us an action packed Superman movie with amazing visuals which is what he did.

My ultimate dream: A Zack Snyder directed Superman movie where Superman has an epic battle with Darkseid on Apokolips. I think that could single-handedly be the most visually amazing thing we've ever seen. I hope he does a Darkseid movie one day.

That's my dream DC moment. I REALLY want Darkseid for MOS3 or a JL film. Hopefully before Thanos :oldrazz:

I really don't like him as a director. His films are pretty too look at, but his talent for visual story telling is severely limited. And I really haven't liked any of his movies that I've seen. I mean, 300 was okay, but it was super dumb.

I like him a lot as a person, but as a director, I have mixed feelings about him. MOS looked nice, and the action was fantastic (even though I felt there was too much of it), but the editing was really bad and the emotional beats were treated as obligatory and not given any real weight. I don't expect the sequel to be better, if I'm being honest, but I really want it to be because I know he tries so hard to make good films.

I trust Snyder with the DC universe more than I do WB, though I want a more creative and consistently strong person to move it forward. I do think whenever he does something any more than something inherently low concept, it becomes something edgy and divisive. I want a more consistent director to do the first JL film, though I don't mind if he did a sequel or something.

Also, lol at Zack showing Henry the effects of Zod's heat vision.

tumblr_mvd5qyYQ1z1r2x5hgo5_r1_250.gif

I really don't like him as a director. His films are pretty too look at, but his talent for visual story telling is severely limited. And I really haven't liked any of his movies that I've seen. I mean, 300 was okay, but it was super dumb.

I feel like if Snyder had the luxury of getting a really solid screenwriter to write a film for him to direct, then it'd make things easier for him.

Granted, I know it's a director's job to be in control of how the story is told, but from what I've seen, Snyder hasn't really worked with great screenwriters who can really deliver a well thought out story as of yet.

Well, despite the similarities in their taste for great visuals and awesome action sequences, I'm glad that Snyder didn't take the Michael Bay route when it came to how he portrayed Women in "Man of Steel" .

Michael Bay would have just created racial stereotype characters or over-sexualize his female ones.

Well, despite the similarities in their taste for great visuals and awesome action sequences, I'm glad that Snyder didn't take the Michael Bay route when it came to how he portrayed Women in "Man of Steel" .

Michael Bay would have just created racial stereotype characters or over-sexualize his female ones.
And Snyder doesn't over-sexualize his female characters? :cwink:

With the kind of cinema Snyder is making, I see nothing wrong with it and think it is awesome.

But it has to be acknowledged that even he has over-sexualized women.

Michael Bay is a much worse director than Zack Snyder, we are in agreement on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"