Sequels The Original Cast Appreciation Thread

I took it to mean the FF would be going back since they would be the ones with some form of transporting technology

Probable. I mentioned the X-Men jumping forward because it strikes me as a possible resolution to that film. That way the series can continue in present times with the young new cast.

And Sean Connery returned to play James Bond three times after he said he was done...

Jeff Bridges returned for a Tron film thirty (!) years later.

If they have a great story and audiences and FOX still want him (why wouldn't they), then it's "never say never"...

:word:

You can add Harrison Ford to that list.

For the X-Men roster, I would like to see:

-Cyclops (James)
-Jean Grey (Famke)
-Storm (Halle)
-Rogue (Anna)
-Iceman (Shawn)
-Beast (Kelsey)
-Gambit (Channing)
-Shadowcat (Ellen)
-Colossus (the guy from Deadpool)
-Nightcrawler (Alan)
-Professor X (Patrick, if he survives Wolverine 3)

untill i see apocalypse only FC counter part that match original is fassbender but realisticly
the chances are move for a complete reboot than returning the original cast minus jackman if they dump younger cast of FC/DOFP/Apocalypse if apocalypse underperforms.

saw this via twitter.Singer seems to give some hope on original cast returning
http://www.slashfilm.com/will-the-original-x-men-cast-return-to-the-franchise/#disqus_thread

I am still skeptical with jackman leaving and the reboot mentally of hollywood.
even if it would be attempted without jackman still doudtful it would
happen without singer who some are bashing like crazy around here despite
attempts to give ga more fantastical and comic booky film with apocalypse.

the only good thing about "X-Men: Apocalypse" was the new cast of x-babies. Sansa Stark is so much more Jean Grey than Famke ever was...I prefer to stay in the past.

Sounds like nothing at all tangeble. Shame. This frachise could be so much more ambitious.

IMO, they need to go back to the present ASAP! The younger cast who will appear in the 90s period X-Men film have time on their side, they could do another prequel film in like 2025 which fits in perfectly if the 90s film is set 10 years after Apocalypse.... the original cast members however don't have the luxury of time! Fox shouldn't wait until Famke and Halle are growing white hair. I mean they look great after X3 up to now... but so far we only got 1 X-Men film of them together since then.

Give me ,,All-New X-Men", and everybody are happy.
Cable coming from future to present, creates new timeline since present.
Transport those kids to ,,not too distant future" in 3rd timeline.

Give me ,,All-New X-Men", and everybody are happy.
Cable coming from future to present, creates new timeline since present.
Transport those kids to ,,not too distant future" in 3rd timeline.

dumb idea.I hated it for comics.bad idea now.why not just reboot it and recast everyone if interacting with deadpool is all you care about.

Looking at the opening weekend number for X-Men: Apocalypse... its probably a mistake that they ditched the original cast for the sequel!

I do love the OC. Especially Hugh, Anna, Shawn, Ellen, Kelsey and Alan.

But I don't think bringing the OC back is the answer they could've easily made the same exact movie with the original actors and the issues would still be there. Silent and underdeveloped characters, weak story issues, KINBERG!!! The OC can work with a solid story and attention to detail. I can handle the OC back or the new cast I don't care I just want the characters done right and a good story.

All New X-Men was one of the worst comic book runs in X-Men comic book history. NO NEED to adapt this Bendis ********!

Just go on with the new young cast and make sure that the movie is good again and not as disappointing as X-Men: Apocalypse...

Another thread prompted the question about whether or not Apocalypse would have been better/more successful if the OT cast were the stars? You think this would have been the case? Also how would you change the story to accomidate the different time?

The first change would be erasing the unnecessary Angel retcon. He is a grown man and loyal friend of the X-Men, logically following on from TLS. He visits the school early on in the film with gifts for the younger students, joins the team on a mission and is injured in the process. His fall from grace plays out as you would expect.

With Angel taking a much larger role, I would push Magneto back substantially. McKellen's Eric has been living a very quiet life in his advancing years. He has all but withdrawn himself from mutant issues, but will ultimately return to confront Apocalypse in the final battle.

Logan is a horseman. Making him a villain for a change seems like too great an opportunity to waste. It would also be the perfect time to introduce a more comic accurate costume.

Apocalypse awakens as a direct result of the timetravel of DOFP. He lays dormant, observing the world and rises again to inflict punishment on those he believes cheated their fate.

The maturation of Rogue is in full swing. Though still troubled by the isolation her mutation has caused, she has come to terms with herself, found uses for her power and receives a massive power boost when she saps Apocalypse during an action sequence.

Geeky bonus: The first action sequence involves an X-Men team of Cyclops, Beast, Jean, Ice-Man & Angel taking on an Apocalypse-worshipping cult. Cause why not? And it's about damn time.

I would keep the themes of home and family and transplant them onto different characters:

- Charles is reflecting on his legacy and his coming retirement.
- Scott and Jean have a young son, and this new war forces them to consider the world he will inherit.
- Logan is trying to reaquaint himself with this new reality, similar to Apocalypse who has also awoken to a vastly different world.
- Storm confronts her past when the action draws her back to her home country.

The film will close with a new status quo: Charles and Eric reunited and moving on to Murr island to help with mutant affairs there (including the rehabilitation of Angel). The school meanwhile, goes on with Scott, Jean, Storm and Beast as senior members of staff for the school, and Ice-Man, Rogue, Kitty et all as teachers. Seeds planted everywhere for new stories, while the oldest among the cast are given the opportunity to bow out gracefully.

Maybe Ian McKellen would have been there? I don't want him back just because I'm over Magneto, but as a non-horseman character and ally to the X-Men, that would have been better to see than what we actually got in Apocalypse from Magneto. Probably no Mystique and that family drama, which I would have liked!

They could brought back Ben Foster (if not a recast), either already an ally of the X-Men or a new character not connected to X3. I just wish he got more importance. I feel like he should have been the most important horseman in the film. They could have used Blink and Bishop again.

Munnlocke would have looked great with the present-day X-Men!

This could have been the perfect time for Rogue to finally kick-ass. Then maybe Dark Beast/Wolverine as a Horseman, so there would have been more tension and conflict between the X-Men/the Horsemen, unlike in Apocalypse (they were just strangers to one another).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"