Sequels X-Men 4 has a writer?!?

Which is very sad if you think about it.

It's funny the way things work. In 2005 or 2006, I remember being surprised to hear that Will Ferrell is one of the highest paid actors in Hollywood, earning $20 million per picture. While he's funny, this is the man who has recently brought us movies like Blades of Glory and Semi-Pro...

and Hugh Jackman's one?

who do you think got more money for the X3? Halle or Hugh? I'd like to know it.

I would easily say Jackman. Not only is Jackman's Wolverine one of the main box office draws of the franchise (hence the spin-off), he was also a producer for the movie.

It's funny the way things work. In 2005 or 2006, I remember being surprised to hear that Will Ferrell is one of the highest paid actors in Hollywood, earning $20 million per picture. While he's funny, this is the man who has recently brought us movies like Blades of Glory and Semi-Pro...

I'll give you Semi-Pro, but I actually found Blades of Glory kind of funny. :p

What ever happened to the Josh Schwartz X-Men project?:huh:

who knows.....

We'll know something new since May '09.

Something interesting....Zachary Levi and Josh Gomez, the stars of Schwartz's show Chuck (which he writes and produces for) are both X-Men fans.

From MovieJungle.com:
Zachary Levi:

And then very, you know, within the tone of the show I think.

Were they comic book fans and what are their favorite comic books?

Josh Gomez:

Yeah, I was a huge comic book fan growing up - obviously not so much - you know, as I’ve gotten a little older I’ve definitely tapered off and I don’t follow it as much as I should probably.

But as a kid growing up I was a gigantic X-Men fan. I was a huge Batman fan. But I would say my definite - my main comic book read was the X-Men that I followed for a long, long time and yeah, but love comic books. You buddy?

Zachary Levi:

Yeah, I was a big comic book fan as well. Me and my buddies -- I probably shouldn’t admit to this but -- we would just go out and literally - you know, some kids would go out and play war, like they’d have their guns and stuff like that.

We’d do that occasionally. But more than that, we would go out and play superhero and, you know, one friend would be running at me pretending to be Wolverine and slicing me up with his claws.

I chose to be Gambit. I liked - I was a big X-Men fan as well. I like Gambit, mon cherie. I was very much into that whole (Cajun) thing and, you know, charging up his playing cards and throwing them at people.

And they always made fun of me because I had charged up cards in a bow and they had adamantium claws. In fact, I think all of my friends were all Wolverine.

Josh Gomez:

Right, yeah.

Zachary Levi:

They never - everybody wanted to be Wolverine and I was like you know what, I’m going to step outside of the box on this one boys. But, you know, and speaking of randomness, one of my favorite of all time - one of my favorite comic book artists, Rob Liefeld, who, you know, has done covers - some of the best covers that, you know, that Marvel has ever seen and then went off to Image and did Youngblood and whatnot.

I got a message from him on Facebook the other day. He wanted to be my friend and I was like Rob Liefeld that’s so - Marvel - oh my god, oh my god it’s Rob Liefeld.

When I was in middle school and I was, of course, you know, weighing all my career options as, you know, for when I was going to be an adult, comic book artist was one of them although I’m horrible at drawing.

And Rob Liefeld was like one of my idols. And so I’m all of a sudden now like having chats with Rob Liefeld - like oh my god, I’m such a huge fan of your work and he’s like hey I really love your show, too and you know, god bless.

And I’m like oh my gosh this is incredible. I can’t believe this. So yeah, I’m - yeah, if that sums up how nutty I am about that stuff, then there you go.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interview attended by Peter Dimako, Editor on September 18th, 2008.
Source:http://www.moviejungle.com/interviews/chuck/

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"