The Penguin Casting Thread

I've been saying for awhile that Jonah Hill would be great. Just do a quick search for images from War Dogs.

Jonah is a hunk now, sorry.

4582_CFF100000578_5000596_image_a_44_1508498955338.jpg

Steve Carell as Cobblepot

You know what just hit me?

tumblr_on56e6e1bG1up7orto1_1280.jpg

J. Jonah Jameson I could see him as but I really want Steve Ogg as Jameson now. Odenkirk needs to be in a superhero/comic book movie though outside of voice-work in "Incredibles 2."

I still really love the idea of Andy Serkis as the Penguin. He'd crush it.

Tom Hardy would play Penguin with the weirdest De Niro impression.

Any thoughts on how Penguin was portrayed in the Batman: Telltale game? Mask and all.

I thought it was an interesting take, despite him ultimately being a lackey for the main villain.

It made me not mind the idea of a thin Penguin.

I’d rather they keep the older and tubby look, at least to differentiate from the Gotham show. Besides, DeVito’s (wonderful) portrayal is so far removed from the classic comic book one that doing mob boss Oswald would be enough of a change.

Really loving the Tim Roth idea. He'd bring a classic Burgess Meredith vibe.

Yeah, I can somehow really dig the Roth idea. You'd probably want to go the British route though, have him use his speaking voice, something along the lines of Tin Star recently (which he's completely awesome in). His U.S. accents tend to be a little hit-and-miss.

Emerson's interesting. You'd have to figure they'd want a bit more of a "name" for a feature film take, but yeah, if they're not going the portly-guy route, he could be pretty inspired. Great actor, man I loves me some PoI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"